Friday, May 21, 2010

Angel Beats Episode 8


Photobucket


Note to self: Do not watch an anime I like when I am in a bad mood. Even though I have said in the past that watching some of my favorite animes put me in a better mood. It does not apply to me today. So I am sorry Angel Beats! that my full love and devotion will not be upon you today.

But Angel Beats! is still a very awesome show. I hope that comes across in my blog despite my spectacular fail of a day at work. I will blog through the rage….and sleepiness. XD

Today’s post is brought to you by flowers. Flowers. The things that make you smile after a long day and fill your house with pleasant smells.


Photobucket

Mortal Kombat!!!!

Episode Summary: Everyone is all WHOA when the bad Tenshi shows up. Yuri tries protecting the group but bad Tenshi proves to be a lot more aggressive than good Tenshi. After Otonashi’s impromptu attacks fail good Tenshi attacks but is struck down by bad Tenshi. Good Tenshi loses and the SSS group takes her to the clinic. Naoi does a good job of insulting everyone in the group (except his lover Otonashi) and explains the seriousness of the situation. Yuri tells everyone to go to class while she thinks of a plan. While everyone is trying to amusing themselves Yuri sneaks into Tenshi’s room and reprograms some stuff on the computer. Basically makes a brand new attack that will force the bad Tenshi to reunite with the good. Before Yuri can ask the good Tenshi to upload the new program good Tenshi is kidnapped.

Photobucket

Bring on the sadness!

After searching the campus for the good Tenshi it is determined that the bad Tenshi has taken the good one to the destroyed Guild. Our group heads down the trap infested lair to rescue good Tenshi. Bad Tenshi appears and the group uses most of their ammo trying to take her out. Noda is suddenly killed by another bad Tenshi who appears. The group escapes but realizes (through the help of Mr. Cheerful Naoi) that bad Tenshi can clone herself now too and this was all a trap. Matsushita dies protecting the group by floppin his huge body on bad Tenshi #3. One by one the group follows Matsushita’s lead and die taking out one of the bad Tenshis. Otonashi and Yuri are the only ones left who make it to the Guild explosion site. Well Yui made it too but accidentally killed herself on the way down. Yuri takes on the last bad Tenshi (and wins despite a new attack) while Otonashi rescues the good Tenshi. He urges her to use the new program that would bring the bad Tenshi back into herself. He learns too late that the after effect of such a program might seriously damage good Tenshi and he can only watch helplessly as good Tenshi suffers. The end.
Okay. That was interesting. And confusing. Not as confusing as Kobato Drop 21b BUT you know….no one can do confusing better than CLAMP. Angel Beats! will just have to be only semi confusing. Poor me.

I am still going to call Tenshi Tenshi. Because I want to continue down the path of confusion. I care that much.

Photobucket

I am glad Yuri picked up on that.

I really thought that there was only going to be one bad Tenshi. I thought there was going to be a cut and dry answer to the problem…or at the very least Yuri would come up with an elaborate plan to squish the bad Tenshi and the good Tenshi will be their BFFs forever. But this is Angel Beats!. Everything we think is going to happen gets smashed into pieces and we are given something totally different.

Photobucket

Hinata is seriously my favorite. XD

There are at least 11 bad Tenshis cloned from one program. She is a super awesome fighter and much more aggressive than good Tenshi. But apparently she can get taken down if at 100 pounds is flung upon her. Or flopped on her. Or merely lays down gently on her. Not really buying the easy way all the bad Tenchis were taken out but that would be me being a wet blanket right.

Photobucket

Well...almost episode 2. Got a few new members now.

This episode was almost like episode 2 in regards to everyone dying. And Yuri and Otonashi being the last two standing. And even though everyone died it was still pretty funny. Yes they already used the gag and it wasn’t really original but I still had fun laughing at everyone’s pain. The funniest death was Naoi as….no one mourned for his death. It was still operation fail plan but everyone was all boo hooing after everyone’s death so YAY!

Photobucket

Aw :( Sadness fills my heart.

I want to go on record that I get Noda and Fujimaki confused all the time. Or really I think Fujimaki is Noda. Poor Fujimaki is not important enough to be remembered.

The part of the show that confuses me the most is the computer aspects. I think that I think too much and less thinking would make the show more enjoyable. I get caught up in the what does that mean instead of just accepting that this is a world made up of maybe dead kids. The rules don’t apply. So if Tenshi is a computer program and how she is able to use computer programs on herself aren’t really important. Just enjoy!

Photobucket

My Tenshi in pain screenie looked like crud. So look at Otonashi being sad instead.

I do feel bad that good Tenshi had to endure all that pain. Hopefully it won’t be too much on her soul/self because the bad Tenshis weren’t out and about that long. But she seems to be in pain despite that and I hope she doesn’t go back into “not caring” Tenshi mode. The series does have to go somewhere at this point and I am not sure where that might be…….Still. Whether or not Tenshi is working for god or not I don’t enjoy seeing tiny computer program maybe girls in pain.

Photobucket

a very subtle boy....


Photobucket

Get the eff out of my yaoi love triangle!

There was a severe lack of yaoi tension vibes between Otonashi and Hinata. Instead Naoi tried to fill that role and failed. :( His failing was kinda cute though. Instead Hinata and Yui have a thing going on which totally kills my pairings. Kills. I will just reread the latest XXXholic chapter again so I can be in love with my TRUE pairing.

Photobucket

Morph into Professor Yuri!

Overall this episode was pretty straight forward. Except for Yuri being able to make/change a program like that. If she could do that 1) Why didn’t she do that before with Tenshi’s weapons/guards and b) why didn’t she do that NOW with Tenshi’s weapons? Either way I think Yuri knows much more about this world than she is letting on.

Angel Beats!. Got to love the crazy and confusing world these kids live in. I have no idea what is coming next but in a way that makes me happy. Confused but happy.
I predict next Friday will be even worse at work. I hope Angel Beats can save the day!

Photobucket

XO My yaoi love triangle is in danger!


No comments: