Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan episode 5-6


Photobucket

This looks totally safe to drink.

What is this? Tenchi catching up on a series in almost a timely manner?! Say it ain’t so!!!!

But yes. Some people have been commenting on my blog that I gave up a little bit too early on Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan and that it would get less confusing. Or in any event it would talk about the oni issue and less on things that made my brain explode. So in between not doing anything and trying to do chores I decided to watch a few episodes. I was going to fully catch up but that would be asking too much of me. XD

So here we go. Spoilers for episodes 5 and 6. And if you like Keisuke…well I’m sorry. I don’t. XD And it shows. Proceed with caution.



Photobucket

This scene was SO interesting let me tell you.

Episode 5 Summary: The Shinsengumi return home after the fight in episode 4. In a flashback it is shown that Chizuru tried to find information on her father but failed. But since coming home the Shinsengumi have wanted to increase their ranks and have decided to ask someone that Keisuke and Heisuke look up to, Itou. Toshizo gets a little evil eye going on at the mention of Itou but he doesn’t have any objections. Heisuke has to leave to go to Edo but he doesn’t take Chizuru with him because that would make sense. He is leaving to get new troops but promises he will search with Chizuru’s dad. There is a really lame scene concerning vegetables and salt. Later Souji goes to visit Resident Emo character Keisuke who is messing around with THAT medicine. He promises to kill Keisuke if things go wrong. Itou arrives but most people aren’t thrilled with his ties with other factions, his arrogant attitude, and his lame attempt to sexually harass Chizuru. But what really pisses everyone off is when he puts down Keisuke who was only voicing his concerns about NOT taking over a temple in a violent manner.

Photobucket

It's really nice watching everyone come together and bitch about people they hate. Tugs at my heart strings.

Later that day the talk centers on about what an ass Itou is and what an ass Keisuke is becoming due to his injuries. Everyone wishes that Keisuke would return back to his former self. That night Chizuru remembers a conversation that happened A YEAR (WTF?!) ago and gets up in search of medicine for Keisuke’s arm. Well she finds him about ready to take the medicine. But she gets really worried once he explains that her father is the one who made the medicine and the side effects turn people into crazy monsters. But Keisuke takes the medicine anyway (because you know how good you will be with two working arms and no mind…)…and turns into a crazy person! Is it time for a Chizuru snack as Keisuke goes insane?

Photobucket

Yep. Taking glowing red medicine is a bad idea. Who would have thought that?!

Episode 6 Summary: Chizuru refuses to kill crazy Keisuke despite the fact he is trying to nom her face. He momentarily comes to his senses and begs her to kill him. She starts screaming which causes all the other main character people to come running to her rescue. Most people are put on guard to make sure the non important characters don’t find out about this. Souji volunteers to watch Keisuke (and take him out if he is uncontrollable). Toshizo has to take Chizuru to her room because she has fainted. But she wakes up and Toshizo greets her in the usual fashion “we will not hesitate to kill you”. Awesome. Basically he is worried that Chizuru is a liability since Chizuru knows the truth about the Shinsengumi now. But he does explain to her in between threats her father was forced to use them as guinea pigs and the medicine (which causes rapid healing) was left incomplete since he disappeared. The group has to lie to Itou the next morning on what happened but Toshizo realizes that Itou will figure out that something has happened to Keisuke.

Photobucket

Such romantic words from Toshizo.

Keisuke ends up “beating” the medicine (for now anyway). But it is not time to celebrate. He decides for the safety of all it is best if everyone thinks he is dead. Not understanding that logic but now they know the medicine is at least a bit safer. The Shinsengumi end up having to take over that temple by force (to become their new headquarters) so they can better hide Keisuke. Chizuru notices that Keisuke isn’t in complete control but keeps that to herself. Heisuke returns from training the new troops but doesn’t have any new information on Chizuru’s dad. While on patrol Souji starts coughing a bit but covers it up and saves a random girl from being sexual assaulted. Souji muses that Chizuru looks just like her and life moves on. The Shogun is going to come to town and the Shinsengumi have been selected to help guard his way into the city. This is a big deal apparently. Toshizo tells Souji he can’t help because he is sic. Heisuke also confesses he hasn’t been feeling well either. Then Toshizo tells Chizuru she can help out because apparently he is on crack. While on patrol Chizuru runs into the 3 people who were causing problems in episode 4 (Shiranui, the one dressed like a girl and prefers a gun, Chikage, and that red headed guy Amagiri). They taunt Chizuru for a little bit until they finally reveal that Chizuru is an oni just like them and TADA they are here to kidnap her. THE END!

Photobucket

I wish to have wonderful friends like that too!

MOG. So maybe I got a little too frustrated with this show and almost gave up. But in my defense I really did have no idea what was going on and all the history was confusing me. Someone tried to educate me on the time period and while I am still confused I do have a better idea of what is going on. But it really helped that the history/different factions weren’t as prevalent in these two episodes and we got to the plot (or at least the reason why I was watching this show).

Photobucket

MY LIFE IS OVER LET ME DIE!

I think I will start with Keisuke because I hate him and he sucks. We get it. Your life is over because your arm is all hurt and you can’t be any use AT ALL if you aren’t on the battlefield chopping people into tiny bits. You couldn’t possibly be the brains of the operation or help train new members or speak your mind on issues that seem iffy to you. We get it you think you are useless. STOP WHINING!

Photobucket

Way to slide that in there.

I am confused on why he thought taking the medicine was going to help. Well I guess he thought that he was going to take the medicine, his arm was going to be healed, and he would show no signs of being an oni. He is an oni so that slightly sucks. But only slightly since no one else (besides our main characters) knows. So I am not sure why he has to live in the shadows and act like he is dead. No one knows he is going to lose control soon so I am unsure why he thinks it is better if he “died” to prove the medicine works. I think this is a man issue because I am not seeing why he couldn’t go TADA my arm is better and go on like usual. He must really like his emo role.

Photobucket

Itou made friends really fast.

Itou sorta sucks too. He reminds me of a gay man dressing up as a woman but everyone knows he is a man. Creepy. Apparently his skills must be awesome because he is not getting any brownie points in the personality department. I am not sure Souji didn’t say anything about Itou being a creeper to Chizuru but then again I don’t get why everyone has to be so formal and not speak their mind.

Photobucket

See how romantic he can be?!

Saito is my favorite guy. Just throwing that out there. Wish he had more screen time but he is pretty hot. I wish to know more about him. I also want to go on record that instead of trying to pair him in my usual yaoi fangirl way I actually think he would be good with Chizuru. I might have a fever or something.

Photobucket

You are not allowed to be a oni!

Souji having a cough worries me. Then Heisuke started coughing and I got really scared. These two men/boys were injuried by the baddies early on. The baddies that are onis. Apparently it has been a long time since that incident but it is throwing up red flags that out of everyone they are the ones who are sick. :( They always seem to be missing out on things but at least they are not being emo about the situation. Just don’t get turned into onis too please. :(

Photobucket

I often threaten people to get them on my side. Works all the time.

Chizuru being an oni is slightly surprising. I thought that maybe her father did a little bit of experimenting on her or that she was the original source of his research. But maybe she is not a full oni, just someone who can heal themselves. But it does surprise me the baddies want to kidnap her since she is so useless. XD I am sure more on that will be explained later.

Photobucket

MOG! Do they really look alike?! How can this be!! XD

I sorta spoiled myself on Kaoru because I suck. Oh well. Either way I don’t want Souji with Kaoru because Heisuke is a better match. XD But I loved Kaoru’s outfit.

I am still in awe that 4.5 episodes covered an entire year. That must be a new record or something. But also that makes Chizuru look kinda dumb for not finding any clues on her father and not asking about the oni/medicine beforehand.

Photobucket

YAY! The emo keeps on rollin!

So….I guess I will continue on with this series. XD I do feel better now that we are in fact dealing with the oni issue because the historical aspect was beating me down. I feel less confused now and am happy that we are covering material that caught my eye in the series synopsis. I would have blogged more episodes today but the Biggest Loser finale has sucked me in. But I am sure to fully catch up with this series soon. Hopefully. Maybe.

I SAID MAYBE!

No comments: