Wednesday, May 12, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 6

Wednesdays? Work? BOO!

Wednesdays? K-On!!? YAY!

Well most of the time anyway….

Photobucket

I swear it's not my fault!


I am not going to lie. I mean it’s my blog so there is no point in lying right? I guess what I mean is I am not going to sugar coat how this episode was. Prepare for the truth people.

This episode was boring.

It was bound to happen. This series sometimes dangles the line between funny and boring so it was only a matter of time before there was a not so great episode. Episode 6 happens to be the breaking point on a long streak of good episodes (last week is looking tons better in comparison).

Photobucket

My cat has lost fights against random shoes on the floor. Yui reminds me of my cat.

There is really no need for an episode summary. It was basically rain, Yui being in love with her guitar, and Sawako trying to prove that she is a good teacher. And rain. On the upside this episode made me research Japan’s rainy season so I can better plan my trip. Yay for upsides?

Photobucket

I can only carry the episode so far!

But other than that snooze fest. You would think after 2 years of owning a guitar Yui would have a better case for her guitar. She has had two rainy seasons to get her act together. But since the rainy episode was so boring I can see why it was pushed off to the side.

Photobucket

This is why I am a cat person.

Yui being wet and people drying her off was equally as meh. It was the only time Mugi had anything to do with the episode so I was slightly happy. But seriously people, is it a big deal to see a wet uniform hanging up to dry? I swear Jun and Azusa are drama queens.

Photobucket

A uniform is a uniform!

There was potential in Yui having to wear something besides her school uniform. But like Yui’s classmates I was disappointed when the gag was over so soon.

Photobucket

I would be more worried that she sleeps with the guitar....

Perhaps that is because too much time was focus on Yui missing her guitar and wanting to have sex with it. Seriously. She was separated from her guitar for 10 hours and she nearly had a meltdown. This is not normal moe blob behavior. I don’t get that upset about missing my cat and she is alive!!! I think spending a few minutes with Yui loving her guitar and treating it like it was alive would have been fine. But now the joke is a bit creepy and Yui looks deranged, not cute.

Photobucket

Such cute weirdos.

The entire episode wasn’t bad though. I thought Mio and Azusa naming their own instruments was cute. Yes that is hypocritical of me but it is what it is. Maybe because they aren’t crazy people all the time.

Photobucket

Because apparently there are no garbage bags in Japan.

Okay. So this episode wasn’t great. Doesn’t mean that K-On!! sucks or anything. Every show has an off episode. And really this episode wasn’t THAT bad. It reminded me more of Lucky Star than anything else really and we all know there were some really boring Lucky Star episodes. It could have been worse people. Like Kuroko wearing underwear trying to seduce Misaka worse.

We shall move on and wait for next week. Hopefully that episode will be better.

And no the rain song doesn’t count as new music.


2 comments:

blindability said...

It's ironic that sometimes, when Yui (or main protagonist) isn't the central focus of an episode, it's better, haha.

Christina said...

blindability- I think that is so weird too! I do love Yui to death but I can only handle so many PG-13 rated moments with a guitar before I lose my mind. XD