Monday, February 15, 2010

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 19


Photobucket

Go away sun....and time....and noise.

This picture sums up how I feel at this very moment in time.

I have spent most of the day in bed attempting to breath. I thought if I took it easy yesterday I would be feeling better today. I was wrong. Bring on the soup, nasty medicine, and rest.

So I apologize if this post is less than coherent. I would type a few paragraphs, pass out, and start the process over again. Yeah I should have been in bed longer but you can only sleep so long before it becomes boring. Days off should not be spent being sick!

Here is my post. Enjoy the spoilers and pictures and the what nots. And the Olympics.


Photobucket

Saten is against plot!

So I think I have given up hoping for plot. Part of me has come to the conclusion that this show must be about the everyday life of 4 girls who live in a city where most of their citizens have special powers. There doesn’t have to be a lot of action/plot stuff. Well by doesn’t I mean there isn’t. This series is more interested in showing how everyone gets by in this world and to make sure everyone gets equal air time and having fun antics.

But part of me is just saying that I am giving up on having any serious plot because the second I say that there will be serious plot. Despite the fact that next week’s episode looks like another fun fillery episode. Can I really say fillery when there is no underlining plot so far?!

HOWEVER this episode was like 10 times better than the last 5 or so minor character episodes of boringness. True all those characters were IN this episode but it wasn’t about them. So instead of wishing to blow up my computer screen I just sat back and accepted the craziness of episode 19. Accepting it made it much more enjoyable actually. And since this episode had no blatant boobie/fan service references it was a good “filler” to watch.

Photobucket

Dorm events are serious business.

Even if it made no sense. And by that I mean a dorm room holding a festival. I have seen plenty of animes about high schools and their corresponding festivals. But these festivals take place…at schools. That is like a key element to a school festival, to have a school. That classmates work together on a single task and enjoy the events their other school mates put on. At school. Not dorms. The concept of a dorm festival was very weird and random for me. Maybe this happens in Japan?

Photobucket

Chill out dude!

But I’m guessing no, it doesn’t happen in Japan. Maybe they have dorm festivals because the general public is not allowed into the special section of the city where their school is located? Or maybe the writers are really driving home the fact how special these awesome schools are, that their dorms are filled with rich girls whom everyone must be jealous of. But I am probably reading too much into the situation and should just roll with the festival theme and not the dorm festival thingy.

Photobucket

I have evolved into a bigger super freak!

Uiharu is a massive freako. She spends 18 episodes trying to be the voice of reason and or useless and now in episode 19 she turns into a mini Kuroko. If I cared about her it would be devastating. Instead I laughed at her for getting so caught up with a relatively boring festival. XD But I probably would have taken 3 pieces of free cake too.

Photobucket

FLOWERS ARE AMAZING!

So putting aside the dorm room factor…..WTF WAS THIS FESTIVAL?! I get that deep down all these festivals are boring and you can only see so many high school/junior high kids puting on the same plays and serving the same boring food (or I assume it is boring) before you want to boycott the whole thing. But you aren’t spicing up anything by going Special A on us and acting like the rich are so much more awesomer than us normals and look at all the great things that they do and we don’t! Like make flowers out of icing and do needle point. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO MAKE THINGS EXCITING!

Photobucket

Needlepoint?! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

And I also think it is insulting that this day in age and in the setting of this universe things like needle point and flower arranging are things rich people are known for/things people should look on with the utmost praise. Not that I am insulting people who do such crafts. I am just saying in a world where people can control FIRE and the AIR cheering on such ordinary tasks is laughable. And sexist that these task are all that rich girls can aspire to be. This might have been fine and dandy 100 years ago but not now. Not for this blogger.

Photobucket

Cake is for eating!!! Not for looking at.

Also it was boring. Sexist and boring and creepy that in a place with talking trash cans and espers simple things like a nicely decorated cake make people go MOG SO AWESOME!

Photobucket

Why are you documenting this failure?!

Okay this is all sounding really negative…It could have to do with the fact I have slept like 12 hours today and still feel like a truck ran over my face. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Misaka does not attend a maid school yet everyone was made to wear that outfit? Weird. The outfit was cute though but it would have been better at oh let’s say Maika had been the only one wearing it. Hi there Maika.

Photobucket

Hello there random people and Saten!

So…I guess this episode was to gather together everyone who just had their episodes of the week. Everyone likes free food right? :( This episode would have been better had there been more Saten I know it!

Photobucket

Run away from the crazy lady!

I guess my favorite part of the episode was when Touma showed up. Of course right? Only this time Touma has forgotten who Misaka is. Well Touma has forgotten everyone at this point but who is keeping track of silly things like that. I do think that it is interesting time wise as Touma lost his memories early on in his own series and we are pretty late in Misaka’s series. Misaka is ready to pick a fight as Touma just sees a pretty girl. It amused me.

Photobucket

Cute! XD

I also enjoyed Misaka playing the violin. I thought she was going to sing because I am watching anime doped up and I wasn’t thinking clearly. But her playing the violin makes sense. Not really sure about the crowd being so shocked as it wasn’t that amazing but it was pretty. And Misaka looked nice.

Photobucket

I sense Index is nearby!

This episode sums up the craziness of the entire series which I guess makes it a win in some ways. I think the festival felt a bit disconnected as it focused on individual bragging/talents and not a group effort. But Misaka comes off looking beautifully though which is the most important issue. Also yay for Touma.
Now let me get back to my chicken noodle soup and cough drops.




No comments: