Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kobato Drops 19 a and 19 b

Today I had a very productive day! All the laundry is done, the house got vacuumed, the cabinets finally have food in them, and 6 out of 8 rooms are guest ready! I got my clean on and am happy with the results.

So being as I was really bust today I thought I blog Kobato manga chapters. The recent ones haven’t had much plot to cover so I thought it would be easy on my tired brain. That and I don’t think I can wait any longer to talk about the beautiful art! I was trying to hold out so I could blog three chapters together thus covering more plot but I got impatient.

Photobucket

Why can't the anime have outfits like this?!

So it shall be spoiler time and graphic heavy under the cut. And yes I am well aware that my chapters were off from the last time I blogged Kobato manga chapters. The source I got the images from were off because of the lack of splash pages so everyone was confused. Deal with it. XD Onto the beautifulness.

*Edited to correct chapter titles*


Photobucket

Now this is what I call singing for your supper....okay no more cheesy lines.

Kohaku is still hanging out with Mr. Bear after picking up Shuichiro’s snack. Her payment for the meal will be singing and Ginsei is in total awe of her awesomeness. It is kinda nice to see Ginsei have a heart. I am sure he really does have a caring soul deep down but he has probably been hurt in the past. That and he was raised by Ioryogi. XD

Photobucket

Look at me with my serious face!

But before Kohaku can leave Ginsei decides it is time to ask really personal questions. Not sure I would be so bold but Ginsei is. He has heard from Kohaku that she has stuck around Shuichiro for five reincarnations and he is curious on what Kohaku would do if the new reincarnation didn’t chose Kohaku. Really I am curious too. She is so devoted to this man that she is willing to put her heart on the line so many times. Of course this is the CLAMP universe and she and Shuichiro are obviously meant to be so there is no reason for her to worry annnnnnnnnyway.

Photobucket

How bout no?

Kohaku gives the standard CLAMP answer in return. That she would hope the person would pick Shuichiro and that she would be happy for them. Because Kohaku is not me and thus she is apparently awesome and wonderful and understanding. In any event I am not sure why Ginsei was asking Kohaku this question. Was he asking because he truly was interested in Kohaku or was he interested because perhaps Ioryogi was in a similar situation and that is what got them into this huge mess? Not sure if we are going to find out any time soon.

Photobucket

Way to break the ice.

Now during all of this Kobato is still staring at Fujimoto. Fujimoto catches her staring at him and doesn’t catch on to the serious mood she was creating. He insults her for being late and she turns into Ms. Apology City. The way they usually communicate. I almost like them better like this because when the mood gets too serious I worry about poor Kobato being confused.

Photobucket

STOP MESSING WITH MY MIND!

Fujimoto grabs Kobato’s hand to refer to her cell phone and utters something that makes NO SENSE at all. My conspiracy ridden mind thinks right away that Fujimoto KNEW someone who looked like Kobato before. Or even that he knew Kobato before but she has lost all her memories thus no remaining traces of that person. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!

Photobucket

Maybe Fujimoto already gets it......


Photobucket

Ioryogi definitely gets it.

Kobato continues to stand there being very confused. Fujimoto starts to feel a little uncomfortable and backs down from his aggressive barking around. Kobato then decides she needs to sing. Fujimoto gets that pretty shocked look on his face. Yeah I said pretty. Fujimoto is pretty get over it. XD

Photobucket

I love the cute chibi faces!

Fujimoto tries to cover up the would be serious moment by bringing up Kobato’s lateness but we all know that he thinks something is up. He isn’t that dense right? Also he likes to get in digs wherever he can.

Photobucket

While CLAMP might be slow on plot they never fail on the beautiful art.

With Fujimoto on the organ Kobato starts to sing. All the kids smile and think how pretty the song sounds. Fujimoto remembers hearing Kobato’s voice from before and it s a little surprised. Also Kobato said she wanted to sing so Fujimoto would understand how she felt. So he should be sensing Kobato’s feelings for him. Because he isn’t dense right?!

Photobucket

Fujimoto...being concerned?! Shocked and amazed!

Kobato finishes singing and everything thinks all is well. Except she is crying. And she was about to tell Fujimoto how she feels but Sayaka ruins the moment. CURSES! What were you thinking woman! :( Fujimoto also might have gone have gone up to Kobato and comforted her had Sayaka backed off. But no he can’t be nice with an adult audience around. Kobato tries to brush off the crying as no big deal and makes her way outside.

Photobucket

Why do you have to be so pretty all the time?!

But it’s not okay. Kobato comes to terms with the fact that she likes Fujimoto and the reason she gets all flustered when he teases her is because she cares about him/how he views her. It is truly a big deal to her since she is a confused person to begin with. I never like seeing Kobato sad but there is something pretty about the way she cries.

Now she might be crying because this is all overwhelming for her. But the more likely factor is that she was told she was not allowed to fall in love with someone she was trying to heal. She has. That will surely affect her wish but hopefully in a positive way. We don’t know what her wish IS so maybe staying here with Fujimoto will be better than her trying to get to a place to see someone who apparently died.

However…with that weirdo statement Fujimoto said earlier I wonder if this rule became a rule because Kobato wasn’t supposed to fall in love with Fujimoto specifically. This is CLAMP you know. And if Yuuko is involved Kobato might be in deep doo doo trouble. So I am very worried for my Kobato and I am not sure I have reason to be yet. Just preemptive worrying on my part.

So to alleviate my worrying CLAMP should make the chapters come out faster. It’s not like they are writing Tsubasa right now! Get on it and make Kobato happy!

Photobucket

I need more than blushy faces to be happy! But it helps.




2 comments:

Justine said...

I realize it might be a bit too late to tell you (since this is a few weeks old) but Fujimoto was looking for any burn marks on Kobato's fingers. So the "There aren't ... any traces remaining" is a 'Good there's no traces of being burned from that lit cigarette you naively picked up.'
(Although, did he really need to get THAT close to check? I think not. X3 And what's with him slowly withdrawing his hand? It makes my shipper mind ache for more! >.<)

Can't say I blame you for forgetting since the whole cigarette "HOT!"-thing was almost a year ago (Okay, maybe not that long ago but I can't check to see how long it's been since I gave up manga for Lent. BTW, NEVER give up manga for Lent.) But in the manga-world of Kobato it has been less than a day since she picked up Okiura's still-lit cigarette and he was worried. <3 (But this is Fujimoto we're talking about so he can't outright say "I'm worried". Instead, he asks about her cell phone thus giving her a hard time for not calling AND checking to see if she's burned. Two birds in one stone! Brilliant Fujimoto! \o/ )

I understand and share your frustrations about the once a month updates. (And it only being what? 15? No, 13 pages long!!) But CLAMP has nothing to do with that. It's published in Newtype and it is Newtype who restricts the number of pages. (SO MEAN!) But I suppose it we're lucky. If Newtype stopped publishing Kobato and no other magazine picks it up then we get another unfinished story (::cough:: X ::cough::) and I think that would be worse. D: (So we really should be hoping that some other manga-magazine is knocking on CLAMP's door this very second, begging for them to publish 30+ pages of Kobato in their magazine! <3 ... ... ... I can dream, can't I?)

So, bear with it fellow Kobato-fan. Eventually, and it might be a very long eventually, we'll get all of our answers. :)

Christina said...

Justine- Thank you so much for your comment! I had forgotten about the lit cigarette! That makes much more sense than what I was thinking (the whole...Kobato being someone that Fujimoto remembers that died). I keep forgetting the storyline with the slowness of the chapters.

And might I say....giving up mangas for Lent is a very strong thing to do. God speed!

I suppose we should be happy with what Newtype gives us but I am still frustrated. But I will cling to my 13-15 pages as long as it doesn't stop like X/1999 and Legal Drug!

But thank you once again for your comment. My crazy mind went...really crazy. Thanks for clearing that up.