Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kobato Episode 17

Remember last week's Kobato episode post? The post where I was all happy and singing praises to this show? Here is a reminder in case you have forgotten.

"So as you can see with my many words and lovely pictures….this episode was awesome. It had a little bit of everything. Manga plot that I thought was forgot, Fujimoto showing his mean/nice side, Kobato saving the day in her own special way, and no filler friends. Add in the fact that Ioryogi has gone off to do more plot related stuff and Tenchi is a very happy blogger! I love this episode so very much and shall snuggle it and keep it and call it perfect.

Keep up this perfect next week writers. I know you can do it!"

They did not keep up the perfect this week. :(

Photobucket

That goes double for you episode 17!






That might be SLIGHTLY harsh. But since I have had a really crummy day I am in a harsh mood. Can ice cream save my day?!

But I think I am disappointed. This episode was funny. Very fillery but funny. And on any other day I would have been laughing hard at the suffering of Ioryogi but not today. Today I wanted plot related stuff so all I could do was crack a smile at certain key points. Not the aim of the episode I'm sure but that's all I had in me.

Photobucket

Ah Kobato. Smiles in the face of danger....

Simple episode gets a brief synopsis: Kobato is running around town trying to get more people to the bazaar when she splats Ioryogi. Ioryogi tells Kobato about his crazy day. It consists of going to Mr. Bear's house and barely talking about the past. He steals some nom nom treats but he is attacked by kids, birds, bullets, and the weather. He finally makes it back to Kobato and they return to the bazaar where Kobato accidentally sells his nom nom treat. The end.

Photobucket

Can we have a BIT more information please?! Why do you do this to me?!

Yes I am disappointed. Ioryogi should have been doing other things at Mr. Bear's house. They should have been talking about the Other World and the battle that took place in Heaven. But Mr. Bear, Mr. Bird, and Ioryogi just danced around the subject. I do like that Ioryogi thought they had a fighting chance but....they needed to spit some stuff out. LET PEOPLE SAY THINGS CLAMP!

Photobucket

What is with this cheerfulness?! I do not approve!

When Kobato first splatted Ioryogi I thought that he had been battling Ginsei. BUT NO! He was busy visiting Watanuki who was acting WAY TOO CHEERFUL! He either needs to be miserable because he is working for Yuko or because he is no longer working for Yuko. I mean I would love to see a happy Watanuki but that's not how it is right now......That being said I liked seeing Watanuki.

Photobucket

Ready...aim...FIRE!

The whole Ioryogi having an epic adventure was slightly amusing because he has such a lovely personality. When bad things happen to Ioryogi they seem 10 times worse because Ioryogi is so angry all the time. My favorite scene was the shoot out. MMM violence.

Photobucket

This was the perfect chance to make Fujimoto jealous writers!

So after Ioryogi tells Kobato his horrible story of disaster and woe she...skips back to the nursery and is happy to see that all is well. Fujimoto says thank you in his special Fujimoto way. Domoto buys and recognizes one of Kobato's......plushies. And Kobato sells Ioryogi's nom nom treat because....he did say he was going to fetch something to sell at the bazaar.

And...that is it. No manga plot. No plot at all actually. Fillery anime was very fillery and had I been in a good mood maybe it would have lighten my day. But I was expecting something else so it is natural to feel disappointed. I did enjoy Ioryogi's suffering and someone appreciating Kobato's....art. But I miss last week's perfectness. Bring back that perfectness please. :( Help make next week a good week. OR ELSE!


No comments: