Friday, February 5, 2010

Ookami Kakushi Episode 5


Photobucket

Something horrible happened to you? Have a lovely parting gift!

Ah Fridays. The days where I have to get to work earlier, the customer at work tend to be more outrageous, and it is Ookami Kakushi day. So…..basically Fridays are my crazy day. So while most people look forward to Fridays sometimes I dread them.

X_X That is being pretty harsh on Ookami Kakushi right?

But at least with Ookami Kakushi’s craziness I have the power to end my suffering. If I ever feel like I am suffering. For now I will accept the confusion and chaos and roll with this show. For now anyway. Come experience the confusion with me!




When I watched anime and read manga I like to theorize the confusing parts to make it a little more manageable. And I think to myself that it will be AWESOME when it turns out that I am right. It would be awesome….but more often than not I am incredibly wrong and am probably mocked for my crazy ideas. So when the first few minutes played out I was kicking myself for being wrong AGAIN. I mean, I thought it was obvious that Issei was going to die so really was I actually theorizing anything?

Photobucket

Creepiest scene EVER!

The point being when the popo came to try to take Issei away part of me was very, very sad. Those scenes had promised me death! I spent an entire week thinking that crazy older brother was going to get hacked to pieces. Why do they dash my hopes and dreams so?!

Photobucket

Does he have a serious case of wiggle arms?

Then Issei gets killed at the end of the episode and I am happy. Then I realize that I am cheering because I was right that someone got mushed and at the end of the series he might have been an innocent victim. I’m a bad person.

Brb getting some cake. Then I won’t care about being a bad person.

Putting aside all that junk I was kind of interested in the Vigilance Committee. I was under the impression the “wolves” messed up in some way (which I still think has something to do with falling in love) and WHOOSH the flying crazy robed people and their ring leader hack their heads off. But now I see that these people are given warning to curb their crazy behavior. That totally makes the situation better.

Photobucket

And that means.....that being wolf is contagious? That is why kisses are outlawed?

Okay not really but it makes the flying crazies not so evil. Slashing people to bits is always a bad thing but we don’t know why they are slashing people to tiny pieces and now it seems they are told ahead of time slashing will commence if they don’t stop messing around. The Vigilance Committee might not be that scary or command total attention like mask wearing freaks but they are there to tell the whatever that they are here to help everyone and act in their best interest. They also don’t get to do the slashing. :( Not sure why that is a sad thing but it seems sad.

The Vigilance Committee also gives us a few tiny pieces of new information. Like Isuzu knowing about this whole mess. Yes I know that almost all the natives in this town must know about the wolf/orange/scythe thing but she was pretty convincing with her “I don’t know anything” personality. Surely someone so dumb couldn’t feign faking it so well right? Well she did and it should have been pretty obvious. I guess I will give her a little more credit with hiding the entire crazy truth of the town.

Photobucket

Must find my happy place.

Isuzu really shows her acting skills later when she returns to school. She has to summon her happy cheery side before she enters the classroom. She pushes aside the fact that her brother is a splat on the ground and that she soon could be next. Although she could have done a little bit more when it came to Hiroshi. She should have treated him the same, with the hugs and attention and the love. The cold shoulder was a little harsh and a sign that things weren’t right. Hiroshi confronts her and Isuzu tries to stick to the lie that her brother has moved away. Nemuru gives her THE EYE and scares Isuzu into temporary submission. But Isuzu can’t keep up the act for long and at the end of the episode she admits to Hiroshi that her brother is dead. She was probably trying to avoid Hiroshi because he would be the reason why she would be a splat on the ground but he is too sexy with his glasses and 5 foot 4 stature.

Photobucket

Hello there truth!

I really thought they were going to have Isuzu lie a little longer to Hiroshi. That Isuzu was going to have more to do with Nemuru than a hurt expression and a frighten presence. But that is for next week I suppose. I was under the impression this was going to be a 12/13 episode series so telling Hiroshi the truth halfway through is an interesting way to go. Of course if we had Hiroshi in lala land it would be kinda stupid and we would yell at him for being so dense. Besides the show is aiming towards a more let’s stop this continuous cycle of hurt rather than finding out a mystery you know? Or at least that’s what I think.

Photobucket

Let me ask you fellow new person about this town. It shall end well.

What else to talk about lalala. I think that Hiroshi could be a little more proactive in finding out information on the wolves and scythe girl. Asking the two new people in town is pretty stupid. Find your own library books or ask someone who has grown up in this town/seems trustworthy. ASK THE PERSON WHO BELIEVED YOU LAST WEEK. Hiroshi isn’t a very bright hero.

Photobucket

Crying so many tears for you...

The old town is brought up again. Isuzu brought up the fact that members from the old part of town and new part of town don’t really mix. My theory is the wolves still live free in the old part of town while the ones who choose to live in the light with humans must follow the rules or DIE. Which makes me wonder why Issei’s parents didn’t take their family back to the old side of town. Wouldn’t they rather their son be alive than living without him with humans?

Photobucket

Of course I am okay family. I love killing people. Pay no attention to my tears okay! Really I'm fine.

Nemuru basically admits to being the scythe girl. I think it is kinda crummy her family puts her in that situation. If they believe in these rules an adult should be doing the slashing. More of the random doctor and medicine is brought up. Isuzu even mentions capsules at this point. But no dude from last week which makes me sad.

So very tiny things get explained or at least touched upon. But more questions exist and I demand to know what is going on. Next week looks like a cat…wolf fight takes place. Hopefully some answers are leaked out during the process. Rest in peace creepy older brother.




No comments: