Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring 2010 Anime Line-up


Photobucket

Think warm thoughts!

Since it’s the middle of winter it can only mean one thing! It’s time to talk about the new Spring Anime Line-Up. Depending on who you are asking it’s either very awesome or very boring.

Which side will I be on? Click to find out!

(Synopsis and pictures are from other sources! I do not claim them as my own!)



Apparently I am on the “not too much happening” side. A few shows struck me as interesting but other than that nothing. I am a cynical little anime fan and my list is very short.

Although….since my Spring viewing schedule is looking light I can catch up on some older animes (even if Sailor Moon is sucking up all my free time) and I am getting pretty interested in K-On! Between bloggers talking about it and the hype for the second season it makes me want to get in on the action and see what I have been missing.

So here is the list of possibilities for my Spring schedule as well as one huge NO. Enjoy.


Angel Beats

Photobucket

I guess it's easier to be brave when you are already dead....

Angel Beats! takes place in the afterlife, and follows the main protagonist Otonashi, a boy who lost his memories of his life after dying. He is enrolled into the afterlife school, which exists as a middle ground between heaven and earth, where students learn to give up any lingering attachments they still have from life before finally going to heaven. While the injuries or cause of death is gone, those in the afterlife school still can feel pain or other things as they did when they were alive. Otonashi meets a girl named Yuri who invites him to join the SSS—Shinda Sekai Sensen-an organization she leads which fights against God. The student council at the school, led by the student council president and angel Tenshi, is in charge of keeping the status quo and serve to fight against the SSS.

The brief synopsis was interesting enough for me to further research Angel Beats. Wiki gave me that more in depth synopsis and has lead me to believe that this anime might be worth watching. I am not sure why I keep getting drawn to 13 episode series because clearly I have something against them with the limited to time to build up both characters and plot. But I think the art looks nice and the story sounds promising.

Will I watch/blog this: Yes unless things get too boring


Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan

Photobucket

So many men, so little time...

Chizuru Yukimura is the daughter of a Dutch trained doctor who vanishes on a trip to Kyoto. In search of her father Chizuru sees a Shinsengumi member transform into an ogre. After being captured it is revealed that this change was caused by her father. Chizuru joins the Shinsengumi in search of her father and the cure.

Despite this anime being based on a video game I couldn’t find very much on this show. It also is a period piece which usually is a big snooze for me. However…..I am a sucker for a pretty show. And reverse harems (which I THINK this is) are more entertaining to me anyway. Even though I am a little confused on what this show is about I am willing to give it a chance because…I like pretty boys?

Will I watch/blog this: At least the first episode.


Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru

Photobucket

My yaoi radar is going off!

Sakurai Yuki is a mysterious boy with a mysterious power. Right after he was born, his mother left him near an orphanage, and he was later found. Because of that event, Yuki strives for independence. He hates being a burden to anyone near him, but at the same time, he is afraid of being left alone. Moreover, ever since he can remember he had a strange ability where when he touches others, he can feel their emotion. Unable to control it, he often made insensitive blunders in the past. He later meets with a mysterious yet beautiful man who saves his life, but somehow he feels so nostalgic, like he's met him before. While death threats and his ability increasing, a man who claimed to be his older brother suddenly appears, so what will Yuki do when he learns the truth?

I ain’t gonna lie. I will watch this because I think there are potential yaoi undertones going on. Yeah I whine about fan boys being so shallow and only watching for boobies. Sometimes I can be a crazy yaoi fan girl. At least I am honest about it?

But putting aside the fact that there might be some sparkly man on man moments the synopsis seems interesting to me. I want to know why people are making death threats against this orphan. Or maybe I really think this is the animated version of Legal Drug…maybe that is why it all sounds familiar. In any event it might have potential.

Will I blog/watch this: Probably. I need some eye candy.


B Gata H Kei

Photobucket

There are no words....

Yamada is a high school student and a virgin who aspires to have 100 casual sex partners. Despite this she soon finds herself targeting and pursuing only one boy.

……Just wow.

I tried to find a bit more information on this series but apparently no one is really excited about this manga being turned into an anime. That and I didn’t want to waste that much time on such a boring/stupid show. And just so we are clear if this summary had said Keiji was looking for 100 casual sex partners but soon he only focuses on one girl I would be just as disgusted. This isn’t slut shaming or blah blah blah. Women are free to sleep with whoever they want but to purposely set a goal to sleep with that many people is disgusting.

But I am sure fan boys will cry out OH I am in it for the deep romance aspect of it. Right. Go watch some Qwaser of Stigmata and tell me you are there for the plot too.

Will I watch this/blog this: HELL NO!


And that’s about it. Three new shows is about average for me if I end up picking them all up. Add in the fact I might pick up K-On! and I will have a pretty full schedule. I seem to be getting pickier on what I choose to watch in my free time so hopefully these shows are keepers. Hopefully you all find a new show you love this season too!




1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.