Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kobato Episode 19


Photobucket

Ioryogi is beyond excited too!

I am too excited to even write an intro to this blog post. Proceed with caution as semi off topicness and fan girling lie ahead.




THIS IS ME BEING EXCITED!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Hurray for…NEXT WEEK!

Yes the source of my main excitement is next week’s episode. I will be waiting on my computer Tuesday night waiting to see if Kobato episode 20 gets uploaded sooner. And why is that?

Photobucket

WHAT?!? Where is Fai??!?!?!

FAI!!!!!!!!

And Kurogane and Mokona and Syaoran.

BUT FAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket

And the other boys of course.......

But Tenchi? Aren’t you the anime police who gets all pissy when the anime doesn’t follow the manga? SHHHHHHHHH you! I told you last week that I understand from now on Kobato probably can’t follow the manga that was not available at the time. I am not going soft or anything because of FAI!!!! I am completely non biased with my opinion.
NEXT WEEK THERE WILL BE FAI! And Kurogane and Mokona and Syaoran. Although I am wondering how they are going to do a scene with Kurogane and Ioryogi together. Or maybe there will be a weird look scene as the two boys (okay one armless man and a plushie) realize they might have more in common. Actually it would be hilarious if Fai says that Ioryogi is this universe’s Kurogane.

Photobucket

Be excited for Fai!!!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am for next week’s episode over 5 seconds of not very spoilery material? Knowing my luck our travelers are only stopping by long enough for Syaoran to notice Kobato is special but I have faith!!!! Faith that the entire episode will revolve around the Tsubasa crew (yeah not calling Syaoran Tsubasa EVER) and how Kobato will not really help them out but will brighten their probably sad moods. I am not totally crazy in believing that Kobato can help Syaoran out in his new mission.

Photobucket

BETTER VIEW OF FAI YAY!!!

I’m going to talk about episode 19 now and not focus on what kind of clothes the Tsubasa boys were wearing. XD SO EXCITED FOR SOMETHING SO SMALL YAY!!!

So episode 19. Let me see. What happened du lu lu.

Ah yes. Poor Kobato and her thinking everything is her fault. Poor Domoto getting shafted by the aloof boy that all the girls love. And poor baby Fujimoto whose mother better have a GOOD reason for not returning home to her tiny innocent child.
Ah Christmas Eve. I am always amused that the Japanese think Christmas Eve is a more important holiday than Christmas. XD And how they eat KFC because turkey is a bit uncommon there. Ah the lights and presents and the red bucket.

Photobucket

Everything is Kobato's fault always.

Most of the episode was devoted to Kobato playing the good girl card. Yeah it gets a little annoying at times how Kobato thinks everything is her fault. But animes often focus on misunderstands that really…were never misunderstands and people thinking they are awful when that is a bunch of crap since that person happens to be the nicest person on the face of the planet. This episode contained a lot of “Fujimoto hates me because I am an awful person woe is me”.

I love you Kobato. Really I do. But after being told of Fujimoto’s sad past why did you continue to blame yourself? Fujimoto is a jerk every single day of his life on a good day so when he has a reason to be grumpy don’t blame yourself! The only thing you are guilty of Kobato is being clueless and a little clumsy. Stop putting yourself down.

Photobucket

Must not cry :(
So while yes Fujimoto and his emoness might have been -__- at times….WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS MOTHER. And if CLAMP makes Kobato Fujimoto’s mother who died from something really small and she has come back to make things right I will throw up. I have faith in CLAMP that they won’t be THAT creepy. No no…..they just make it so the same soul from different dimensions fall in love…yeah. So putting aside the fact that Kobato can’t be Fujimoto’s mother…what happened to her?! Did you see that poor little Fujimoto face? That is why he is the bitter soul he is today. :( And on Christmas Eve. This better not be an open ended plot point CLAMP. But I rather her be dead because it is easier to forgive someone who is dead than someone who “made a mistake”.

Okay Fujimoto your mother….disappeared on Christmas Eve like 12+ years ago. That is really, really sad and crappy and you should be bitter around Christmas Eve. However….I rather you be sad in the corner and not take your anger out on innocent people. Especially people like Kobato who thinks everything is her fault anyway. And you really need to back up off Domoto. You had your time to ask Kobato out. You don’t own her. Domoto was well within his right to treat Kobato like a princess but nooooooooooo. Someone had to have a crybaby attack.

Photobucket

:( Hug for Domoto.

Domoto. :( I was cheering for you. Really I was. But deep down I think you knew that Fujimoto liked Kobato and that Kobato liked Fujimoto (even if she doesn’t know it). Yet it was still heart breaking to watch you realize that you can’t take Kobato’s mind off Fujimoto. Watching him take over Fujimoto’s job (at KFC) was so sad. But in the end he decided to play the nice guy and let them be a couple. Do we have a back-up girl for Domoto? He deserves a girl just for him!

Photobucket

What not plushie!?

That was still a lame present though.

Photobucket

This is them making up...

The “make-up scene” was…meh for me. Since there was never really a fight there was nothing to hug about? Kobato already knew Fujimoto’s sad past and Fujimoto really didn’t apologize for being Fujimoto. But in the end Kobato was happy that things were okay between them and it was time to sing!!!

Photobucket

A bit more emotion Fujimoto!

Okay it was the same song Kobato has been singing the entire series but still. Kobato was happy, we got to see most of the cast having a good evening, and the episode ends on a happy note.

Photobucket

What could poor Domoto say at this time?

I think my favorite part of the episode was when Kobato was crying to Domoto about how her heart hurts when she thinks of Fujimoto. Yeah it was a sad moment for both of them (especially Domoto) but it still gave me an AWWW feeling. Kobato slowly realizing that she loves Fujimoto is so cute and will probably have a big impact on the main plot.

Photobucket

This makes me sad. :(

Oh and also I thought it was sad when Ioryogi mentioned that no matter what when spring comes he will be separated from Kobato. :( Ioryogi does have a heart.

But who needs plot???!?!?!?!?! Next week we have FAI!! WEEEEEEEEEE!!!




No comments: