Sunday, October 18, 2009

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 3

Today was not a very good day. Sometimes when I am having a crappy day anime can cheer me up. However today was a really crappy day.

Photobucket

I FEEL ANGER TOO! RAGE!!!!

What does that have to do with anything? Well I was in a slightly bad mood for most of the day thus it kinda melt over into my post. Which is a unfair thing but also reality. How my day is going shouldn't affect how I feel about something not affecting said bad day but that is how the world often goes. If you are in a happy mood you tend to over look some of the silly things in certain shows. But if you are having a crappy day then everything makes you RARW and rage inside.

So...yeah. That was my mindset when I wrote this post. So there might be a little bit of unfairness with my tone and how I describe this episode. But this is when I watched the episode and how I was feeling today. Next time I will just try to let the anime take me to a happy place. But for now here is my post.



Just…..sigh. Sigh sigh sigh.

I thought episode started off okay. Then it had a promise of being a tiny bit more serious. Then that promise was blown out of the water and by the end of the episode I was rolling my eyes. After the day I have had this is not what I need people!

But since I am in a bad mood and I went into this episode angry at the world perhaps I am not in the best frame of mind to judging this episode. Or at the very least hold back some of my anger.

Photobucket

Saten is my down to Earth girl who doesn't care about this political/popular school mess.

So I will start off with a little confusion. I understand that Misaka and Kuroko go to a different school than Saten and Uiharu. What I don’t get is where their school is in relations to this special Garden area. Because it looked like the Garden is the name of the area that houses the school. I only ask because of the whole Anti Skill thing. Both Kuroko and Uiharu are members of Anti Skill so it would make it a little difficult no matter where their headquarters were. Either the Anti Skills is outside this special garden place or it’s in it. I think I need a map.

Photobucket

WATCH OUT FOR THE NORMALS!

Call me crazy but I think how they are going about portraying Misaka’s school is a bit creepy. Uiharu has a power so why is her school less awesome than Misaka’s school? Or rather why aren’t all Anti Skill people over level 3? If Uiharu isn’t awesome enough to attend their school why is she awesome enough to risk her life? Of course this is overlooking the fact that 7th graders are protecting the city…perhaps I should move along now.

Photobucket

Puddles are serious business.

Aside from the whole let’s go to the most special part of town…I thought the antics leading up to the “not so serious drama” was cute. My poor Saten fell in a puddle. :( And yes I am going to overlook the fact that it is really strange that Kuroko doesn’t have any other clothes to wear other than her uniform because…we needed that fact for the plot. Any little anime scene that involves shopping and or going to eat treats is fine in my book. It is something that could actually happen and a nice dose of reality in a young person’s life.

Photobucket

Decisions decisions....or just get them all!

But no one got to enjoy their cake. That is the true tragedy of the episode. That and silly Uiharu was making a decision on what treat to have. You don’t decide, you have them all!

Photobucket

Prepare for some real scary stuff people!

I actually thought the plot was going to be serious when it was talking about the six attacked girls and Saten being the next one (the whole plot of her wearing the wrong school uniform playing an important part). I thought OH SNAP things are about to get serious and it is time for a real fight. I also felt a little bad that 7th graders had to look at something “horrifying” and that Misaka would save Saten in time. I should have known since the bad thing happened to unimportant fan girl it couldn’t have been that bad.

Photobucket

THE HORROR!

Eyebrows. The Tokiwadai students were getting ugly eyebrows drawn on their faces.

Photobucket

The most awesome reason for tazing people EVER!

Because one girl (Miho) lost her boyfriend to a Tokiwadai girl.

It really doesn’t matter that it was a Tokiwadai girl. It could have been any girl because home boy left Miho because she has scary eyebrows. Yeah home boy was a jerk for leaving her because of her eyebrows. One because that is vain and MOG look inside a person and see how wonderful they are. And two…she had those eyebrows all along so why did you start dating her anyway? So if anything Miho should have exacted her avenge on vain men?

So yeah…nothing to see here folks. Just some girl with the ability to be invisible and draw eyebrows on people. Because she is too stupid to PLUCK HER OWN. Seriously. She doesn’t have to have stupid eyebrows so why all the drama?

Even if I thought the overall plot was stupid I do think it was kinda cool how the girls figured out how to track and capture Miho. Even if they are only 13 and at 13 I was into the Backstreet boys and other boys. And that the fact no real adults had a hand in the situation. But besides all that I liked how it was slightly complicated and explained at the same time.

Photobucket

What?! Did you say something important?

The entire point of this episode is to lay the ground work for the next episode (or a future episode). The reason that Miho was a little hard to find was because the information on her was wrong. She was classified as a level 2 but her ability was much stronger than that. Thus the computer system is wrong. But the girls brush it off as a simple mistake and life moves on to Saten being upset about her eyebrows. Such a passing comment but it’s going to be important in the future. I sense these things.

So….yeah. At least there were no pantie shots. But I would be less RARW if the entire episode was devoted to one sentence said in passing. But again I was in a bad mood when I watched this episode so I am a meanie head. XD I shall focus on the fact that no one died and that young girls tend to get emotional about things. These girls just happen to have powers. XD

But seriously pick up the pace pleassssssssse. Need a serious episode and soon. Now I shall put aside my anger and have a happy birthday. Or that is the plan anyway.




No comments: