Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hello Kitty Online: WOW with snuggles!

We interrupt this regularly scheduled Kobato post to bring you an important announcement!

Photobucket

A new way for me to waste hours of time!

Hello Kitty Online has taken over my life!




Before anyone gets on my case....yeah it's a Hello Kitty game. Hello Kitty games in general have a habit of being shall I say....childish? Hello Kitty childish SAY IT AIN'T SO?! But no, I love Hello Kitty and hate all her games. But this game...doesn't suck.

Or doesn't suck so far. It is still in Beta (Open Beta) as you can see. And no it isn't WOW or anything bloody. It is cuteness. You should know what you are getting into. If I would compare it to anything I would say Mabinogi with a hint of Maple Story.

It is like Mabinogi in the sense you do more than simple killing enemies and level up. You have the ability to farm, cook, harvest, and forge. It's more like a real life type setting that fantasy world. Or as real life as a land with Hello Kitty characters talking to you.

It is like Maple Story with the number of quests you are able to do and the cuteness of the monsters. Only the monsters do not die....they go to sleep. Nothing dies in Hello Kitty. They even blocked out the world "kill". It's pretty humorous. But yes it is Maple Story like with the whole NPC's giving you quests and the way the system is set up.

Photobucket

Behold my quests! (Why yes my name is Tenchi XD)

The quest system is really quite simple. Instead of just keeping track of what you have acquired/needed for a quest it also lists where you can find the items and sometimes from what! Dude yes! No more searching for guides and getting on the wrong maps. Perhaps this game is a little "simpler" for a younger audience but I ain't complaining. Yay for me!

Photobucket

Oh look, a quest for me to do! XD

There have been tons of quests so far. Many of the items you need like basic equips and clothing are rewards for completing this quests which helps out a newbie player. XD Fun for all.


Photobucket

Hello Me!

This is my character (or was until I bought some new equips XD). I like the most human aspect of her instead of being a blob. So far it seems you have your basic items/weapons/clothing and if you get "special clothing" (the event items) they cover the normal/uglier clothing. Only for some item it seems. The hats don't change out but the weapons do. Which is great since there are tons of cute weapons to go over the plain wand. But you can see your ATT and DEF on this page. As long as your blood type. Because that is important ya'll.


Photobucket

Say cheese!

Needless to say there are tons of Hello Kitty characters walking around in this game as well as being cute scenery. I could take a million screenies but that would be bit too much. That and I think these might be too small to begin with thus not doing the game justice. Just know there are tons of details in this game.

Photobucket

Penguin love!



Photobucket

Woot for leveling up!

The one thing I am not liking about this game is the lack of exp you get when you kill....I mean put asleep monsters. You don't get any! Or maybe you need to be close to the monster's level....which is impossible as how the game is set up. But in any event I have not gotten any exp from monsters. Which means all your exp comes from farming, gathering, and creating. Very interesting concept.


Photobucket

Tenchi the farmer.

Being as the game just came out (or I just started playing it) I am not too familiar on the farming process. Just that I suck at it. XD But you can grow your own food which you need to make other types of food that can replenish your HP. Maybe one day I will get good at it. My only suggestion is just start off small. Don't plant 57867 plants your first run. That would be a disaster.


Photobucket

Hungry pet is eating!

What's an online game without a pet as a sidekick. When I started playing a few days ago only a few people had pets. The only way to get them so far is to get them as a rare drop. I didn't get my pet card until after I turned level 10 which is when the first pet level is. As in you can't have a pet until level 10 so maybe you can't find the drops until then. She is a cute little pet but I have my eyes on a few different ones. It's all about luck.

Pets can increase your HP and ATT. They also make you fertilizer! How nice for a farmer. XD


Photobucket

Doesn't it look like a Pinata?!


Photobucket

Our very impressive damage.


Photobucket

Someone come help us?!

As you all know Hello Kitty's birthday is coming up (....want to be in C.A.....) and this game is rather new. So in celebration of the new game and her birthday the game has tons of events going on! I am actually really impressed with all the events. There is a Halloween quest and a planned event. The main event is preparations for HK's birthday. Several quests revolve around making her a parade float.

But what I seem to be obsessed with are the Pinatas. These little suckers drop random things like special merchandise, a pet, HP foods, or coins. COINS! Coins you can take to the special party NPC to trade in for limited time items. It has become my goal to get all these items before the end of the event. XD

Like anything worth having it is a bit hard to get coins. First off if a pinata dies you are not guaranteed anything. Hello Kitty has an awesome system that when a monster is killed the items come directly to you and that seems to be the case with a Boss monster. But it's random. Several times I have gotten nothing. Then there is the factor that if you are low level monsters higher than you are around this Pinata (that doesn't attack at all) can mob and kill you. But now that I am a higher level I try to slay the monsters to keep everyone alive. It was tough at first though. Then there is the fact we were all low level and did....1 to them all. It took quite a long time. But now as we are getting higher some of us can do over 85 damage a hit so all is well. XD And it's addictive.

So...yeah. No Kobato. Because I am obsessed with the new Hello Kitty Online game. I tend to get addicted to things like this rather fast. Just glad I found out about this game before all the events were over.

The game is open beta now! So come on over and play with us. XD Just don't become obsessed like me. The world has enough crazy people in it.

I love you Kobato! Tomorrow I promise! I know, I suck. But tomorrow!

No comments: