Monday, October 5, 2009

Tenchi's Anime Room

Instead of getting caught up on past anime series like I wanted to do today I did the responsible thing and caught up on chores. I have no Earthly idea how two adults can accumulate so much laundry in so little time but apparently we are just special. Between that and my mini goal of completing the Platinum Pokedex no anime got watched today. Sadness for me.

But my house looks great which makes me happy. It can drive me nuts when things are out of place or how easily things can pile up. XD And it is always nice to take care of the treasures I have collected over the past 10 years.

Photobucket

Trying to cram as much in the picture as possible.

With my little cleaning spree my anime room got a bit of a make over and the closest to clean it has been since we have moved in here. The computer desk is still a giant mess but since it's not mine it doesn't bother me too much. But I thought I would take a few pictures and show off my awesome anime room. Prepare for large pictures and way too much stuff.

And holy crap did the pictures get big. X_X


Photobucket

Starting with this corner (notice the elusive pet cat in the corner).


Photobucket

WEE! Spinning around the room!


Photobucket

Ignore the computer desk!


Photobucket

Woot! Made it all away around!


Photobucket

Someone nonanime related wanted to be in the picture....

So let's start with the closet doors. Any available space must be used for posters. At our old place I was able to put posters on the ceiling. Here the anime room has a ten foot tall ceiling soooooooo we can't exactly reach the ceiling or all the way up the wall. Thus the doors must be plastered with posters because I have way too many of them. The empty space above the closet is where a Inu-Yasha wall scroll will live once we get a giant ladder.

Photobucket

Welcome to the room Tsubasa style.

Speaking of doors and posters here are the doors that go into the anime room. They stay opened as the posters are on the outside of the door (facing the living room) and the husband wants to minimize the amount of anime throughout the rest of the house. XD Isn't that a lovely yet impossible idea?

Photobucket

Why yes I love Tsubasa.


Photobucket

Going old school with Weiss Kreuz.

Above the room doors are my Weiss Kreuz art. I do have 6 pictures but they only had 4 frames at the store back when I had money before AWA. But I hung the best ones up and that is all that counts. I got these WAAAAAAAAAY back in 2006 (maybe even 2005) at Megacon and they are FINALLY on display. I still love them even if the OVAs left people feeling -_-.

Photobucket

Ken is my favorite kitten!


Photobucket

RARW TO WINDOWS!

This is the area above the computer desk. Now most normal people would be like AW three windows, that sounds great. Lots of sun so we can save on electricity. I on the other hand was like NOOOOO that sucks up so much space I could use for POSTERS! Clearly I have my priorities straight.

Photobucket

Book cases one and two.

Around the corner from the computer are two DVD racks that really have no place to go. XD They got kicked out of their other spot when book case number three came to live with us. But here are book cases one and two. Very full as you can see. My mom has nicknamed my house the manga library. We also have some random Hello Kitty Halloween plushies and Mcdonalds bride and groom plushies going on. Originally all Hello Kitty was ordered to stay in the guest bedroom but they have slowly been creeping into the anime room. The husband should consider himself lucky that only 10 percent of the collection has invaded the room so far.

Photobucket

Okay more than 10 percent!


Photobucket

FINE! I'm a just a big giant liar okay!

So maybe more than 10 percent. I was really only counting the plushies and not my little village. The Hello Kitty village has always lived on top of the bookcase so they were never asked to find a new spot to live. But I collected most of these pieces from a mall toy store and I am pretty sure I am the only one who ever bought anything Hello Kitty from them. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE FROM MY TOWN! I do have a few McDonald pieces in there..but the overseas McDonalds have such cuter pieces. :(

Photobucket

Behold the figurines!

I am not one of those die hard collectors who has a glass case for all their figurines. Well..that is not true but my case has all my Precious Moments figurines in it instead. So my anime ones must make due on flea market shelves that my momma bought me. I really love my random note board. It has never been used for actually keeping track of a schedule or important events like most people use those kinds of boards for. Both of mine have anime pins and keychain type things sticking out of them. XD It's a great way to display tons of little knickknack without taking up that much space.

Photobucket

Book case number 3!

This baby is brand new and after AWA...full. Tis very sad indeed. XD Sanrio has also invaded the top portion of this bookcase as well...but I pretend it goes with anime since it's from Japan so all is well. This bookcase is home to the much loved yaoi manga and the manga that we use to get back in the day. You know, the ones that were HUGE and cost 15 dollars. Yeah be grateful you young whipper snappers for your cheap mangas and online ordering sites. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Photobucket

I think I need another shelf...

In between the manga bookcases is my other shelf home to my nendoroids. Here they are protected from the naughty paws of kitties who find their small parts yummy. It is a bit too high for me but it is actually pretty even with how tall the room is. XD The room needs to be shorter so they can be at eye level and not look out of place!

Photobucket

Favorite poster in the whole room.


Photobucket

Woot for Tenchi's room!

So that's my room! When I was living at home I had to cram all my anime stuff, a bed, a dresser, a working desk, and all my "normal" stuff into one tiny room. But now that I am married to a man who really could care less about decorating I am in heaven. Tons of space for my lovely merchandise! It's an ever changing room what with me buying new stuff and having to find more creative ways to display said stuff. There is a tiny shelf of figurines that don't get the proper amount of love due to its placement but I think overall things are pretty much well displayed. XD

Hope you enjoyed looking at what a crazy anime fan's anime room looks like. Remember to always take care of your stuff! Anime merchandise tends to be expensive so why not take the time to make sure you get the most out of it. Happy collecting!

2 comments:

chiisai_kitty said...

Wow, that's purdy awesome. I love all the Hello Kitty stuff (and so does my mom, she's big on the HK). I wish I had some more space, cause then I'd totally trick out a room and be compelled to buy more stuff at cons and such, lol.

Christina said...

You don't know how excited it makes me to hear your mom like Hello Kitty too! Just today someone asked if i was "too old for Hello Kitty" and i wanted to stab them. Hello Kitty is for ALL!

When I lived at home it was hard to decorate my room and live in it at the same time. Once i moved out it was much easier and none of that mom guilt when you bring home a truck load of stuff from a con. Well...there is still mom guilt but you can ignore her with no consequences. XD