Friday, October 23, 2009

SAW Six: To see or not to see. Make your choice.

No. Just no.

Someone remind me of last year's failtastic SAW movie. Please. Before I do something stupid and see the movie on Monday. Luckily I am not special enough to waste 10 dollars on a movie that will probably fail. But I might still have enough stupid in me to waste 5 dollars.

How do I know all this?

Because I've played before.


Beyond this point may lie spoilers from previous SAW movies. Do you risk spoiling the past 5 movies or do you ignore this post and the rantings of a crazy person? Make your choice.

Photobucket

Is finding out the meaning behind the movie poster a reason to see the movie?


Reasons to see SAW VI:

-To see if Hoffman gets tested. At the end of SAW 4 or the beginning/end of SAW 5 Hoffman gets a tape from the now dead John. It said that he would be tested. We have yet to see this test and Hoffman gets to dance around killing people and not following the rules. Hoffman needs to die. Everyone else did.

-To see if Gordon is still alive. Yes I am clinging to this hopeless idea. Leave me be.

-Perhaps Jill will actually follow the rules (if she is the one testing). This is a stretch but I would like to see a return to the SAW rules.

-The games look a lot more complicated.

-To see how many more cops are left on the force to finish this case.

Reasons to avoid SAW VI:

-Is a 6th movie of anything good? Seriously?

-It looks like Jill plays a big part in this movie. And Jill sucks. And I am tired of John running around and having 586786 apprentices. It was better when it was just Amanda.

-Too many "test subjects". Saw II had a lot of test subjects but most of them got a decent amount of screen time. SAW V had 5 and I can't tell you anything about them. That's because Hoffman and Strahm spent most of the movie trying to dodge/get the other. It took away from the game.

-If John is dead I doubt the rules will be followed. Because Hoffman sucks.

-It might end with the promise of a SAW VII which truly would be too much.

-How do you have a movie about a main character who is dead and not magically going to come back to life?

-I think this series is flashbacked out. I mean, are we going to see cut scenes of John going to the store and buying power drills and nail guns next? It's almost like every second of his life has been on the screen and yet there are still more flashbacks!

So....yeah. I am conflicted. To see or not to see? The choice might be already made for me as no one has asked to see it with me yet. I don't do going to the movies alone. Perhaps everyone around me is smart enough to bail on this series. So do I become the nagging friend/relative or do I read the spoilers and move on with my life?

What would Jigsaw do?

No comments: