Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mirai Nikki episode 9

I went to work today…and didn’t yell at anyone. Someone write this down. Of course it was a shorter shift…and not that many employees were there….and despite having a lot of pies to make it was really just a few BIG orders instead of a million big orders.

But I didn’t yell at anyone! YAY! I would celebrate by watching a horrible Sci-Fi movie but they are playing a horrible miniseries instead. BOOOO!

Photobucket

This is Yuno's normal way of asking a question.

So I guess I will blog instead. X__X Really late too I might add. That is the theme of my day, being late. But yay time for Mirai Nikki episode 9. Spoilers for every single person losing their damn minds!



Photobucket

Yuno.....stop making sense, Yuki is not listening.

Episode Summary: A week ago Hinata and her estranged father were reunited. He tells her that he has been using his dogs to go around and murder people. But he wants to change his ways. He thinks if he is the last Diary User he can go back in time and make things right for Hinata and her mother. But someone is on to him and unless he is stopped Daddy will die. Hinata is like NOOOOOO! Daddy explains that Akise is also a Diary User and she needs to take him out. So in the present Hinata explains that she used Yuki as bait to draw out Akise. Because Yuki is dumb. And still a hostage. Akise decides to play a game then. If Akise wins the guess the hand the coin is in game Yuki and his phone are set free. If he loses Hinata gets Akise’s phone. Hinata agrees and onwards to crazy. Akise keeps guessing correctly, Yuki is eventually let go, and Yuno manhandles Akise because she doesn’t believe Akise is a Diary User. Turns out he is not and has been basically guessing the entire time. Also he implies he likes Yuki. Eventually Akise wins the whole thing. Mao doesn’t take defeat well and tries to destroy Yuki’s Diary. Yuno is like bitch please watch the first 8 episodes and stabs Mao. Hinata gets a bit :( and allows everyone to leave. But Hinata then decides that would be lame and calls in the dogs to give chase. Yuno thinks they should use Akise and Kousaka as bait and escape. Yuki thinks that one group needs to distract the dogs while he gets to Hinata and steals the Diary.

Photobucket

Yuno is the best bodyguard ever! Too bad she goes unappreciated.....

Earlier Yuki was told by Keigo that 10th wanted to give his Diary to someone else but Deus would not allow it THUS Hinata is not a real Diary owner despite the fact NO NUMBER WAS MENTIONED! Yuno is like you just met her today!!!!! but still defends him against hungry doggies. Hinata has a sad little flashback about her family life and woe is her. :( Yuno and Yuki make it back to Hinata and stabbed Mao. Yuno captures Hinata and threatens to kill her. Yuki is like NO we are all friends because everything is settled! Yuno is like I am jealous of her awesome boobies so I will kill her before you fall in love with her?! X__X Yuki is like oh crap I got to fight crazy with crazy and announces to everyone (Akise and Kousaka ran back to the observatory because they want to get eaten by dogs) that Yuno is his girlfriend. Everyone seems to be happy when all of a sudden one of the dogs starts talking and it is Daddy. He basically says that he was never going to turn back time and Hinata is naive. It is unclear if he meant those mean words or if he was trying to free Hinata as Keigo is right behind him and going to shoot him in the head. He warns the group not to trust nice people AKA Keigo and BANG! Oh and Akise starts saying some crap that Yuki really saved everyone today but if it came down to it Yuki would have killed Yuno to save everyone else. THE END!

It has happened. An episode that I wasn’t particularly fond of. Woe is me. Good thing I actually forgot about Mirai Nikki until I went to bed last night. I think if I had been looking forward to this episode I might have been disappointing.

Photobucket

Someone was not invited to the party!!!

One major question I have is why Yuki was not at the remaining Diary Owner meeting. He was unaware that 10th asked to give his diary to someone else. Keigo had to inform Yuki of this fact. So…why wasn’t Yuki at this meeting? In the first episode everyone was gathered and ready to talk whereas Yuki was WHAT THE HELL?! It is all just very weird. Maybe Yuno isn’t special, maybe everyone is in on this plan and Yuki is left out to dry.

Photobucket

When did things get settled? After Yuno stabbed Mao or before Hinata sent the dogs to kill them?

But seeing how stupid Yuki is he was probably told the truth, had a heart attack, and woke up forgetting everything. Not sure how that makes him stupid but since I am mad I will make it work.

Photobucket

Funny how they made coin flippin complicated.

I wasn’t really following the penny flipping game so well. Maybe because I kept thinking how I would drop the penny each time and look like a fool. So while I didn’t think Akise was a Diary Owner I did think he had something going on with his left and right predictions. Finding out that he was guessing the whole time or simply not listening to Yuno and Yuki was slightly disappointing. I thought there would be more to it.

Photobucket

I believe in the heart of the cards!

But what was I really expecting? People were playing a life and death game WITH A COIN TOSS. It was so random and taken so serious I nearly had to laugh. Yuno looked pissed too. Like bitches I go around stabbing people and hacking them with axes. What the hell is this coin tossing in the air crap? I really think that Kousaka should have spoken up during this time. He sorta just stood there and watched all the crazy happen. He could have said “YOU ARE ALL INSANE!!!”, run out, and got eaten by a dog.

Photobucket

It is okay to forgive a serial killer because theme parks are important. Hinata loves Disney too!!!!

I guess they are giving Hinata a sad back story so we are more understanding of her situation. She has a father that abandoned the family to raise dogs and become a serial killer for no reason (not that serial killers ever have a good reason). He is picked to be a Diary User and decides to use his daughter as a sacrificial lamb when someone is on his trial. He does so by lying to his daughter about wanting to turn back time to be with the family. Then right before Daddy is shot in the head he was like HAHA never wanted to turn back time, probably wanted to wish for more dogs. Boo hoo sad right?

Photobucket

This is someone I want to rekindle a relationship with. Yes it is.

Not really. Not really at all. If after all that time my estranged father called me and said OH I am a serial killer who loves dogs more than you but now that my life is in danger can you help me? Because if you help me now I can become the God of Time and go back in time to make things better. If my estranged father said all of that I would call the cops myself and turn him in. Or smash his stupid Future Diary on the ground. Because usually it is a bad idea to associate with serial killers. They might oh I don’t know ground you up and serve you to the dogs.

So Hinata is beyond stupid. Mao should have been a better friend and said um yeah how about we not help this person and protect our innocent classmates instead. This was all a very bad plan and it is no wonder she lost in a guessing game. She was not a true Diary Owner thus did not have enough crazy points to do any real damage.

Photobucket

Such tasty bait. Let's go fishing!

Here is another question I have. How did Hinata know to use Yuki as bait? Obviously we know that Yuki is the best bait ever, attracting the psychos far and wide. But how did Hinata know that Yuki would be good bait for Akise? If her father was just aware of the stalking one week ago did he really have enough time to send Hinata out and stalk Akise who was stalking Yuki? Somehow I don’t think Akise would allow himself to be stalked so I find this all to be very convenient.

Photobucket

MOG what is this?!?!

Yuno…..you were trying to be badass this episode but you failed near the end. You stabbed Mao and were going to let the other boys become dog food to escape. That I support. I was a little meh when she wanted to kill Hinata out of jealously instead of strategy. She could have justified it in other ways like her dad will use Hinata again. But then at the end when she was all WEEEEEE Yuki is my boyfriend. Just no. No. Where are my psycho eyes. I don’t want a blushing girl. Unless that blushing girl is offering up a bloody corpse as a thank you gift.

Photobucket

Maybe because every single person you tried to help/be friends with tries to kill you? JUST SAYING!

And that brings me to my WTF moment. Like…Yuki still wants to be friends with all these people?! WHY?! WHY?!?!? Someone tell me why! Why does Yuki think they want to be friends with him? Akise is stalking Yuki, Hinata wanted to kill Akise for her dad, Mao was willing to kill Yuki to protect Hinata, Yuno stabbed Mao to protect Yuki, Yuno was willing to use Kousaka and Akise as dog bait, and Yuno tried to kill Hinata. Did I miss anything folks? SO WHY DOES YUKI THINK IT IS ICE CREAM AND RAINBOWS TIME?! How can any of them be friends with each other after this? Is Yuki the craziest Diary Owner because he thinks this is possible?

Photobucket

How is this shocking? Didn't Keigo SAY he wanted to go after the dangerous Diary Users?

I am not really shocked at Keigo’s little…betrayal? I am not sure what 10th was trying to accomplish. Yuno suspects everything and everyone, including that blade of grass and tree across the street. So I am sure she knew that at some point Keigo was going to turn on them. In a game where only one person can win that is you know…how things go. Keigo is a cop and hunted down a serial killer. Not seeing the issue here.

Photobucket

Don't worry guys. Yuki says things are settled. Everything is good now.

So we got a stabbed girl, a happy Yuno, a freaked out Kousaka, a fatherless Hinata, and a horny Akise? I don’t know I think he got off on this episode. XD So….a giant mess yes? A lot was going on and much of it wasn’t very GASP worthy. I hope Yuki doesn’t become friends with these freaks but I would like more of an explanation on what Akise is doing. Thanks.

7 comments:

eternia said...

Why did Hinata agree to play games with Akise? She has Yukki as hostage while he has nothing on her. Not to mention, she has control over a pack of dogs.
Tsk tsk tsk.
And mr. high school detective was too reckless, betting on 50-50 chance. This is life we are talking about, dude!

Anonymous said...

I had to drop this series because it sucks (sorry! it's like Togainu no Chi levels of sucking for me!) BUT I need to know if it's 12 or 24 eps. Would pick it back up if it's 12 because I want to see how it ends (I understand the manga was epic, huh?) but I can't do this for more than a few more eps.

BTW no judging toward people that ARE watching, I just can't watch this one even for laughs at the badness! They lost me around the time Yuuki went home to his mom.

Christina said...

Eternia- Maybe they are related to Fate/Zero or something. XD So much honor and what not!

But yes Hinata agreeing to the most random coin toss ever was weird. Just call the dogs to kill EVERYONE in the room and while Yuno is busy trying to protect Yuki get Akise and his "diary". Mao should have been a better friend and given Hinata better advice.

Anonymous- No problem. Heaven knows that there are some animes I don't really enjoy but many people love. This series is going to be longer than 12 episodes. Somewhere around the 24 mark.

Apparently further in the manga Yuno starts acting insane. Like people who read the manga are laughing at us anime watchers for calling Yuno crazy NOW. More crazy is yet to come and I will blog it all if you rather just read about it than watch it.

eternia said...

I can't accept how anonymous called the manga epic. Because to me, the manga sucked big time! I stopped reading during Minene school bombing incident. The reason is, she pulled a motorbike out of nowhere, or rather, from under her skirt. >_>
The drawing sucks too, which is a fatal flaw for a manga. The characters' face are all inconsistent. Honestly, I can draw better.

But the most important thing for an anime is it's soundtrack and art. The fatal flaw in logic, like the one Christina pointed out above me, is fine. [She should just let all the dogs in when she appeared from behind Mao] So I will keep watching this for the laugh.
:-)

Ruben said...

Definitely Deus is plotting against Yukiteru xD. Deus didn't inform Yukiteru he was in a survival game to start with, so it is as you said in your first post of this anime Christina, "Deus hates Yukiteru yes?".

Anyway, I think I am starting to eh... realize the many fails this anime has, although I saw at animenewsnetwork this show is going to be around 24 episodes or so, I hope it doesn't go that far.

By the way, maybe this Akise guy is going to be the love rival of Yuno xD.

Samuel said...

This whole anime is making me laugh.

When I read the manga...however long ago it was...I actually thought it was good. After watching a couple of episodes of this, I decided to re-read the manga for a couple of chapters...what the hell was I one when I thought this was good?

The plot is way too quick paced, for starters. In 9 episodes, we've already had...I don't know, I've lost interest...so many characters killed. Like, that in itself isn't bad, but when all of them are by the same characters it just makes me groan. It's like Numbers 3-12 are all queueing up to kill Yukii and Yuno and when the next one dies, they then get a turn.

Secondly, the characters annoy the crap out of me. Yukii is just a whiny, pathetic, crying, weak excuse for a guy. Okay, when his life is endangered, I can understand, but when he sees Yuno; he cries. When someone knows his name; he cries. When he cuts onions; he doesn't cry.

But, the 50/50 bet was all he could do. That's the only sense of logic in this show; with them having Yukii's diary, they would have predicted any outcome, so they had to falsify that data. But, that's excusing calling the dogs in, or having the dogs attack the windows one at a bloody time, or Yukii being absent from the meeting, or Arise and Kousaka (I don't care for this guy's name) not noticing Yuno running in completely the opposite direction from them at the very start of their diversion, or Yukii revealing that his mobile phone can predict the future without a care in the world despite Yuno saying that they shouldn't use - let alone tell people about - their diaries...

It's just so bad it's funny.

Christina said...

SO MANY FEELINGS!!! XD

I think it is clear that in a past life Yuki had sex with Deus daughter and he is still pissed off about it. That is the only way to explain the obvious hatred towards him. Yuki messed up in some cosmic way to be thrust into this battle.

Yuki's constant crying doesn't really get to me as much as his constant not trusting Yuno. At this point I would be worshiping the ground she walked on. Is she crazy? Yes. Has she been right the entire time? Yes. Is it a bad idea to get on the wrong side of a crazy person? Yes. So logically Yuki should not be questioning Yuno out loud. He should just be freaking out on the inside.

Maybe the reason why Hinata was so...special was she truly was not the Diary Owner. She did not have the correct crazy set of skills to be cunning. Of course she doesn't even have the common skill set to tie her shoe but that is besides the point. I think we all can agree when someone has an army of killer dogs at their disposal there is no need for a coin flippin game.

I am very picky about my manga art so chances are I might not have picked it up if it is as bad as people are saying it is. XD But for now this show is pretty good with decent twists and turns. At the very least it is more mysterious than Blood-Fail.