Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kimi to Boku episode 10

BLEH!!! BLEH! Why does it not feel like Christmas to me? According to my husband it is because it is not the 25th yet. Love you too sweetie. But even though the house is decorated I am not feeling the holiday spirit. Maybe I need to wrap some presents or get the cards in the mail. And watch a TV special. Something to get me all festive!

But cold weather need not apply. I guess hot cocoa could make it feel more Christmasy but that’s okay. I like my Florida Christmas very much Home Alone 2. Maybe I will let it be 59 degrees. Maybe! But no rain! That is my final offer!

Photobucket

Oh crap it is a crime scene already!

I heard that the boys over in Kimi to Boku land are having a school festival? Maybe that will put me in a party mood! Let’s get started! Spoilers for everyone dressing up!



Photobucket

Err I think that was a compliment.

Episode Summary: Chizuru is not having a happy day. It is time for the school festival but something is not right for Chizuru. The school is busy getting last minute details done but Chizuru focuses on Masaki who is focused on Shun. Yuki, Kaname, and Chizuru all get dressed in their “ghost” outfits. Chizuru is dressed as some dead girl who haunts a bathroom and it is unclear who Yuki is supposed to be. Regardless the boys find Kaname’s traditional costume the most hilarious. The three boys have the earlier shift for the haunted house. Yet one of their first groups contains Masaki, Shun, and Yuta. Chizuru and Yuki abandon their post and explore the haunted house. Shun, Masaki, and Chizuru are scared out of their mind. Kaname is left alone to watch over his section of the haunted house and is not happy. Soon Shizuna and Hisako come along and Kaname is more unhappy. XD There is a random scene with some dude skipping Chizuru in line for the choco covered banana booth. Scary stuff folks. Yuki and Chizuru go to the Café de Crossdressing that Shun and Yuta are running. Everyone looks lovely in their outfits. Chizuru spies Masaki focusing on her lines for her upcoming play that night. Chizuru laughs at the fact that Masaki is a mouse and Chizuru is swiftly punished. Chizuru wants to know why Masaki is always so hateful and Shun gives Chizuru his take on what happened with Masaki. Chizuru is either jealous or sad, it is hard to tell.

Photobucket

It's like a game of Where's Waldo!

Kaname tries to spend more time with Shizuna and Hisako but the boys arrive and kidnap him so they can go see Masaki’s Cinderalla play. Masaki is nervous backstage and seeing Shun in the crowd does not make her feel better. Masaki has a few lines but her nerves get the best of her and she messes up. She is dejected after the play and runs away when Shun tries talking to her. Chizuru gives chase and follows her into the girl’s bathroom (he is still dressed like a girl). He tries cheering Masaki up by saying the other girls sucked too and that Shun thought she was awesome. Eventually after some tears he manages to cheer Masaki up. Masaki is happy that Chizuru cared enough to follow her into the bathroom. Chizuru thinks that he has a chance with Masaki but is heartbroken to see her still clinging to Shun later. Chizuru quickly plasters on a happy face and tries to cheer up the group. THE END!

XO What kind of school festival was that? Where is my K-On!! with cute girls having fun? All I see are a bunch of boys dressed as girls and one girl dressed as a mouse NOT having money. Crazy pants.

Photobucket

OH NO! Pink creature down!!!!

The most interesting part of this episode was the random pink creature…thing that kept popping up around school. Creature thing. Yeah I am not sure what it was. But it was everywhere. An army of pink creature things. Do schools have mascots? Everything is Japan seems to have a mascot or two. Maybe schools have them too. Regardless it was fun watching them appear out of nowhere and seeing their little nest at the end of the episode. They were taking naps but will roam again soon. Beware.

Photobucket

Maybe it is like Mary Poppin's bag and the room just holds everything in the universe!

I want to know how big these school rooms are in Japan. Because I have seen many of anime shows and a few real life school rooms and while they seem to be a decent size there are nowhere near the size of that haunted house. I am pretty sure the walls don’t retract like some hotels so….how was this room never ending.

Probably the same reason the decorations in the haunted house were elaborate and…well numerous. But this is an anime and logic and money issues don’t matter. Just go with the flow and be scared by the bathroom ghost. BE SCARED!

Photobucket

WTF are you doing here?!

I thought the cameo by Shizuna and Hisako was slightly pointless. But I guess Kaname needs some validation that people around him are insane and he can’t feel us viewers going AWWW for him. Maybe they were there to make sure Kaname leaves high school feeling utterly embarrassed. It is a bit of a bummer he didn’t have more time to spend with the girls but given all his responsibilities I am surprised he got to do anything. Still….they weren’t on screen long enough for them to matter. Just a bit of fillery fluff.

Photobucket

Such a modest princess too!

After seeing the haunted house I thought the Café de Crossdressers was a little lackluster. Actually I take that back. It looked like something a bunch of high school students would make. Limited materials and more focus was on the costumes rather than the interior of the café. I am a cruel person. XD For the record I thought Yuta looked so much better than Shun. Which is odd since Shun has spent most of this series being the feminine one.

Photobucket

Says the one dressed up like a girl?

I thought it was funny that the boys spent most of the episode running around in the costumes. No one really thought it was weird but Kaname and he wasn’t even wearing his costume anymore. Either the guys are really comfortable with who they are or they just don’t care. XD Probably more like just don’t care.

Photobucket

Poor scared little mouse :(

While I think Masaki takes over a lot of the show I can’t be too harsh on her in this episode. These school festivals look like a lot of fun to watch but maybe participating is stressful for many students. I know that I would not like going on stage in front of a huge group of people. Even if I had a few lines. I am not good at sewing…or painting. X__X So I am not sure what I would have done for the play. Just I would be a bit X__X myself about having to speak in front of my classmates and I would have fumbled along the way as well.

Photobucket

Girls are very hard to understand Chizuru. God's speed.

Despite the fact Chizuru snuck into the girl’s bathroom I think that he did a pretty decent job trying to comfort Masaki. I have been with my husband for almost 11 years and sometimes his comforting skills are lacking in finesse. Sometimes boys just don’t know what to say when comforting girls. So while he stumbled a bit I thought he tried. Sometimes the act of trying is more important than the results.

Photobucket

Broken heart :( Time for some emo music.

However the person I felt bad for at the end of the episode was Chizuru. Masaki didn’t mean to but in the bathroom she gave Chizuru a sliver of hope. That wow no one has ever chased after me in a bathroom before. To Chizuru that trumps Shun and his Band-Aid run. So in his mind he thought that Masaki had a moment. Which maybe they did. But for Masaki she will just see Chizuru as a friend instead of a nuisance.

Photobucket

Get back out there Chizuru and find a new love!

So while Chizuru may be annoying and cause general chaos it is a bit sad. He himself might not know he likes Masaki but knows this situation leaves him sad. So for that split second when he has his head down the desk and not acting his happy self I felt bad for him. Even more so when he forced himself to do that fake happiness routine. He was trying to keep spirits up but inside he was a sad teenage boy. Le sigh. The trials of young love.

Photobucket

Thank you for coming to the festival pink monster!

So that is the end of the festival from hell. X__X Did anyone have fun? Maybe the twins did. XD Maybe there will be more fun next week.

Oh and I don’t know what was up with the teacher and that random person. So…I have nothing to say about it? OH WAIT! Maybe he was the other volunteer that time at the daycare? Maybe that is it. Okay so now I know what is up with that other dude but…I don’t care? XD

No comments: