Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi episode 9

How is it already December 4th? It seems like it was Thanksgiving just the other day. I still have decorations to hang up! They were all supposed to be up by November 30th. I am behind people. BEHIND! Cards need to be sent, cookies need to be eaten (cause I don’t bake), and presents need to be wrapped. There are only 21 days left til Christmas!!!

XD Silly Christmas. Taking over all of December and most of November. Works up people into believing they have to hurry up or they will miss the holiday. XD But I guess that is part of the fun. Or one could find it fun. In any event I guess I like a month long holiday as long as the “pressure” is fun and not overwhelming.

Photobucket

I wish I could get along with my co-workers this well!

I think as long as I get all the decorations up today I will be in a happy mood. That and I am eagerly awaiting more pictures of Ms. Baby Anime. She and Momma Friend are scheduled to come home today and I demand Facebook pictures! While I am waiting for that I guess I can get around to blogging. Spoilers for Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi episode 9. The manga industry is bad for your health!



Photobucket

XO But I get in trouble for calling my co-workers stupid! :(

Episode Summary: Kisa is sitting in a meeting when Takano yells at him. A flustered Kisa realizes he forgot the necessary paper work for this unnecessary meeting (as they all work within 3 feet of each other) and rushes back to the office to get what he needs. In the elevator Kisa runs into an officer worker he knows. They don’t seem to like each other but the woman tells him of her plans to get married. She talks about how the job has no growth and she wants more stability, something that is hers to come home to. Given her great track record at the office Kisa worries for his own future. It has been three days since he saw Yukina with that girl and since then Kisa has ignored Yukina’s texts. This explains why Kisa is all X__X at work. While walking back with the correct paperwork Kisa accidentally answers his phone and it is Yukina. Yukina tries apologizing for whatever he did and wants to desperately see Kisa. Kisa is deeply in love with Yukina but is afraid he is going to get dumped soon. So in a super dramatic way Kisa dumps Yukina via phone and deletes his number.

Photobucket

Oh crap know I am just as stupid as Ritsu and Yoshino!

Kisa goes home all sad and pouty face. Once there Kisa gets all dramatic about returning a book to Yukina. Dude works in a book store I think it will be fine. Kisa then receives a call from some random dude he met a long time ago. Dude wants to have the sex with Kisa and since Kisa is like WELL I SUCK agrees to the sex as long as he can spend the night. The guy comes over and starts putting the moves on Kisa when Yukina comes up and slaps Kisa. He threatens the random guy and manhandles inside the apartment demanding to know what is going on. Inside Kisa has a meltdown first being too calm then screaming about Yukina’s girlfriend. Yukina is like um no that is my friend from school. Kisa doesn’t want to admit he is wrong and still thinks that Yukina will break up with him one day. Kisa lists the reasons why and Yukina explains he was only trying to give Kisa space since he has a demanding job. Yukina then talks about every little mundane fact about his life so Kisa can know him better, ending with the fact he loves Kisa. Kisa accepts that he is at fault for not having enough self-confidence and Yukina promises to help find him some. Work gets better or at least Kisa tells himself that. It is still busy but Yukina has the great idea of having sleep overs so they can spend more time together. YAY breakfast in bed THE END!

WAIII! No sex scenes for me. Or any other yaoi fangirl. Heck we are barely getting skin at this point people. We can have boobies floppin all over the place but heaven forbid we see a boy with a shirt off in the presence of another boy. THE HORROR!

So….I almost hate manga now. X___X Okay I lie. I am dramatic. But seriously. This show is all about the crazy world of making manga and everyone involved is stressed out and tired and on edge. In real life writers get so burnt out their work goes unfinished for years/forever. Some assistants have to SLEEP at the writers house just to get the job done. And now with news that one member of CLAMP has a serious back issue due to SITTING all the time…seriously folks. I love manga but not at the expense of people’s mental and physical health. XO Give the workers a break Japan.

Photobucket

How could I have made a mistake in front of the great Takano!!!

Kisa was pretty much off his game at work. I can understand that but can see why Takano was pissed off. I guess…I GUESS Takano is good at leaving his personal life at the door. Not sure how realistic that is but yeah one should be professional at work. But since this is probably the first time Kisa has spaced out over love maybe Takano shouldn’t be that hard on him.

Photobucket

BY THE WAY! Like it is no big deal.

That lady in the elevator was…rude. Kisa was being…brisk yet polite with her and she was rude. Looks like those two do not get along but she wants to ask him for a wedding gift? I don’t recall her even INVITING Kisa. Weddings are so expensive in Japan, for the guest anyway. I know in some states (for well to do people anyway) they write a check AFTER eating dinner based on how much they think it cost to host the party for each person. This I find tacky but nowhere as expensive as attending a wedding in Japan. Especially for the younger friends attending weddings. Just starting your real job and people are running around getting married before they are Christmas cakes? X__X Poor Kisa bleeding money.

Photobucket

Kisa is a bit self sabotaging here. Oh hi my work sucks so let me end my great relationship before it has a chance to suck too!

But the point of random rude lady in the elevator was to get Kisa thinking about his future and what he is really doing at work. He busts his butt every day at work and sacrifices most of his social life and where will that get him in life? To me it sounds like there is not much room for personal growth at this job and with the long hours what they are and being replaceable at a moment’s notice it might be hard to continuing working at that neck breaking speed. Ritsu came in with NO manga experience and is doing just fine. Kisa has been there forever and is at the same level as Ritsu is now. So…yeah. I am assuming that while this random elevator lady has good numbers her position has stayed relatively the same the past 10 years and there is no room for growth. Thus she wants to get married. Because coming home to someone is more important that work.

Photobucket

Sounds so lonely. At least when I want to burn down my place of employment I know that I have someone to bail me out of jail. Also I hope my place of employment doesn't burn down because with this blog I am suspect number 1!

XD Really that should have been her point all along, not the work is not satisfying route. Kisa kept saying so you are getting married for money? You getting married to quit your job? Which is what it sounded like she WAS saying. I didn’t get a I’m in love romantic vibe off her. Of course to go that route she would have had to say I am quitting my demanding job so I can focus on my love life. I guess she gave confusing answers because it is a confusing situation.

Photobucket

A bit too late dude! You should have slept outside his house.

I think that Yukina should have come over sooner than that. Or maybe called the office to see if Kisa was still alive. Unless Yukina was not doing those things because he assumed Kisa was mad at him. Still when I am mad at my husband the longer he doesn’t do something about the situation the more I want to chop his head off with a pizza cutter. Leaving things undone is a not a healthy way to live.

Photobucket

WEEE making bad decisions!

Insert a picture of Kisa here. See he is the poster boy of not talking about things. Maybe the reason he has been unable to love until now is that he let things die. Instead of working on the situation and talking things out it was easier to leave things unsaid and walk away. I think I am making excuses for Kisa having low self-esteem and having…many adventures with men.

Photobucket

Kisa's face is hilarious. I am sure no one at the time thought that though.

I really can’t fault Kisa for wanting to get out of a relationship before he got hurt. He thinks Yukina is cheating on him and even if he is not Kisa’s self-esteem is so low in the toilet he believes Yukina will leave him soon. So to protect himself Kisa ended the relationship before he got in too deep (Um too late!) and decided to have some random sex with a sorta random dude to get his mind off Yukina. I understand this. Very sad for Kisa.

Photobucket

Dude you need to defend your booty call!!!!!

Yukina was wrong to slap Kisa. Kisa had the look of guilt on his face and the dude was all WTF?! If Yukina thought Kisa was in danger he should have hit the other dude. But since that was not the case and he hit Kisa I am not happy. While Kisa did not let Yukina speak Kisa DID break up with him so he was free to do what he wanted. If Yukina was unhappy he should have expressed that in a less violent way.

Photobucket

This is VERY important information folks!!!

Kisa being in denial and Yukina handling Kisa’s meltdown (well after the unnecessary slap) was well done. Both felt like real reactions to the situation and not some sparkle produced yaoi love fest. Kisa was in vain trying to protect himself and Yukina was trying desperately to hold to their relationship. Sure yelling where he was born and his favorite foods seems stupid but at the moment both men were desperate and saying stupid things.

Photobucket

Aw I love happy endings!

Obviously the men made up later that night. Or maybe 5 minutes later. Not much has changed for them except they understand where the other is coming from. Kisa knows that Yukina really does want to spend time with Kisa but honors his work arrangement. Yukina realizes that Kisa needs more attention despite not having enough time to accept all this attention. I think Kisa got a little too happy over his work situation when not much has changed but I guess it is better to be positive about a situation that negative. And yay for sleepovers!!! XD I am glad Yukina didn’t immediately move in but staying over will allow for them to spend more time together that doesn’t only include nakie times.

It looks like the Kisa and Yukina romance has been wrapped up. Now that there is no misunderstanding drama things can move on to a happy conclusion yes? I do think they could have another episode with Kisa and Yukina trying to figure things out and SHOCK going on a first date. But obviously whoever was in charge of the anime hates this couple so that is probably not going to happen. YAY RITSU!


No comments: