Saturday, December 3, 2011

A new anime fan is born!

I mentioned briefly yesterday despite all the craziness that happened at work I was in a good mood because something happy occured. It almost kept a smile on my face all day as I constantly checked my phone and Facebook.

My longtime friend of forever had a baby girl yesterday!

Photobucket

X__X The baby is so tiny. I think my cat is bigger than her. Maybe my cat is fat then...

I am happy to report Momma Friend and Baby are doing well. Most of the updates have come from Proud Dad who seems to be over the moon with happiness. And dang my friend can push out a baby fast! This is her first child and the first pics of the baby and smiling mother were posted 7 hours after the OH time to go to the hospital news. X__X Way to go!


My friend is so special though. She had left me a message on my phone thanking me for the baby gift I sent. I made the baby a scrapbook because 1) I love scrapbooks and b) my friend will probably be too busy to make one of her own. So she was going on and on how she loved the gift but she had to go as she was about to have a baby.

X__X So I already got a story to tell Ms. Baby when she gets older. That her momma is insane.

While I am proud and happy of my friend this is all very weird and new to me. Despite being 28 years old this is the first time someone close to me has had a baby. Plenty of people from high school have pushed out kids as well as some aunts and other friends of the family. But this is the first time one of my friends has had a baby. Someone who I grew up with and did random crazy teenage antics with. You know, the typical pranking someone's car but then when you go to make a getaway the car stalls so someone has to call their Uncle who turns out to be a cop. You know, the normal stuff. XD

And maybe that is what is weird for me. Maybe I am still stuck in the “How it was” mode instead of “how it is”. I think back fondly to times in the past and for the most part I think I am still the same person. Often people tell me I look exactly the same as I did in high school, down to the Hello Kitty shirts.

Photobucket

A bright new world out there!

But now my friend has had a baby. Which means we are official adults. Of course we have been adults all the time with surviving marriages, divorce, college, and real life sadness. We have been through cancer scares, miscarriages, and slowly losing grandparents. Taxes, job losses, and mortgage payments oh my!!!

Then after being all dramatic I remember that when my friend called me she was gushing over the Stitch plushie I got for her when I went to Tokyo Disney. That just last week we were talking about the rerelease of the Sailor Moon mangas and that how we are happy to have the Sailor V manga after all this time. We might be older and have more responsibilities but not so deep down we are still the girls gagging over green tea pocky and passing notes in class.

My friend is now Momma Friend. I wish her and her family all the best in the world. Also sleep. I hear new moms lack in the sleep department. This is an exciting new time in her life and she seems ready to take on this challenging yet satisfying task. Sadly they live far away from me now so I can’t be a crazy influence on this child. Because the stories I could tell…..

No comments: