Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fate/Zero episode 13: The Giant and the Crazy

XO I woke up at the crack of dawn because my cat ate through a box to get some food. Like he is a wild animal that has never been fed before. X__X He is such a crazy animal. Guess he wanted to end the new year with a bang. Just let me sleep next time.

I has lots to do before I go to my shorten work day. Stay away from the online games! I got things to blog, stuff to clean, and fun to have. Wait online games are fun…..XD

Photobucket

Oh snap Rider likes to waste time with video games too!

Up now is the last episode (for now) of Fate Zero. XO Time just flew by right? Spoilers for crazy people acting crazy and a lot of talking. A LOT!



Photobucket

WHERE ARE ALL MY DEAD CHILDREN?!?!?!?

Episode Summary: Rider is looking out and the ocean and having a moment….back when he was alive. Waver wakes up and realizes he saw part of Rider’s past. He decides that they are going into town for a change of pace. Caster and Ryuu return back to their lair to find that Rider has trashed the place. Ryuu seriously has a meltdown and cries that his masterpieces have been destroyed. Didn’t they see the beauty in his creations? Caster says this is proof that God doesn’t exist and humanity is evil and blah blah. Ryuu takes a moment to dry his tears and talk about why he believes in God. Basically he thinks God is a puppet master and likes everything human does, whether it be people helping other people or making blood paintings with young children. Caster, who originally was upset no one ever punished him for his horrible crimes, has renewed faith thanks to Ryuu’s crazy words. They decide to make a better work of art and show God how insane…passionate they really are.

Photobucket

So Caster kept on doing bad things because he wasn't punished. I see.

Waver has made it to a library and wants to research Rider’s past. He finds a book and tries to read up on Rider. Rider returns from his shopping where he has bought a video game. Rider finds out that Waver wanted to know about him and says dude just ask me. On the way back home Waver expresses how unhappy he is with this partnership. That he wanted to win on his own, not on Rider’s coattails. Rider expresses how he feels inside, both saying that Waver is a strong person and that he is a weak person. That maybe they are a better match then he thinks. Before there can be a moment Rider and Saber sense something bad is happening in the river nearby. Caster has decided to show Ryuu something amazing. This amazing thing is Caster turning himself into a tentacle monster. Rider and Saber agree to have a brief alliance to take out Caster. Lance also shows up because he is hot. They go in for the kill and…THE END!

I…what? Where is my action? Where are the fights? WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING?!

First off Ryuu and Caster are beyond crazy. I think that is obvious to everyone watching this show. But they take it to a different level in this episode. A level where I fear leaving my house as people like this might really exist. Case in point is Ryuu being upset his wall drawings (AKA dead kids) were destroyed. THOSE people are not human, not the person cutting up kids to use as art tools.

Photobucket

:( Poor Ryuu. Life is so not fair.

But then Ryuu kills the driver of the crazy train, drives to Insanity, and becomes president of WTF. He manages to convince another crazy person that God HAS to exist because crazy things in this world happen. Like people growing up to be serial killers. Or flowers. Flowers or dead people. It is all the same as long as you can find entertainment value in it. Also God likes humans because why else would he give them free will and write the script to their lives at the same time!

I am going to be honest it was hard to follow just what these crazy people were talking about. And I feel like that cop in the last SAW movie, the one who said crazy about 4983439 times. Because that is how I felt after watching this scene. Also why the heck are these two getting so much screen time when one Master/Servant Team have been on the screen for like 5 minutes in the last 13 episodes. Oh because they actually have a good reason to in this War? Then carry on child killer.

Photobucket

I think God would like to have a word with you.

I am not sure what Caster believes but he is deeply moved by Ryuu’s words. Which means they deserve each other. Usually this means YAY yaoi pairing in my world but I typically like both of my pairings to resemble humans. Caster is looking a little too fish like for my taste. So while Caster and Ryuu have rationalized why it is okay to be serial killers and do it for God I am sitting here thinking…where is Saber?

Photobucket

Just lala walking around during a war.

So while Caster and Ryuu promise to rebuild their House of Blood Waver decides that he needs to spend some quality time with Rider. I guess seeing Kayneth and his broken fingers will have to wait until next season. Along with that other Master/Servant Team that has fallen off the face of the planet.

Photobucket

Because you are a but....boastful....?

I think I actually like that Waver looked up stuff about Rider. Yes this show has taken a lot of liberties in terms of…well everything but mainly history. But I like how Waver wasn’t going on stuff that Rider said as a “hero” (AKA someone with a huge ego) might exaggerate his past. Turns out Rider is pretty straight forward with his downfalls and what not but still. I like how Waver wanted to know about Rider without hurting feelings or simply because he wanted straight forward answers.

I am not sure how I feel about Rider’s real goal in conquering the world. Especially after his anger issues towards Saber a few weeks ago. Yes I still remember how insane you acted. Crazy pants. Him wanting more and more, to be the best like no one ever was sounds a lot more like his personality than seeing the ocean. I think a noble but impossible dream of protecting your people is better than seeing the ocean. But maybe because I have seen the ocean I am a bit biased. That and he YELLED AT SABER!

I was slightly amused that Rider wanted a video game. I guess that shouldn’t surprise me as he wanted that shirt so very bad. Still he comes across as a person who is so noble and full of ideas and what not about ancient ways of being…and he wants a video game. X___X Me thinks he might not be taking this Holy Grail War AS SERIOUSLY as he should be.

Photobucket

Right because Assassin isn't DEAD or anything.

I didn’t find Waver whining or weak in this episode. I found him to be very relateable. He kinda did enter this war under….special circumstances. His Servant has said some things about his character and what not. So I can see why he questions if they make a good pair. Now I don’t think he would have done any better with another Servant (which is hard to say at this point since only one Servant has been taken out and that was on purpose) but I can see why he questions his pairing with Rider as they do seem like opposites.

Photobucket

So much emo.

That and he is a teenager and teenagers tend to be angsty and what not. This is kinda typical behavior. XD

Rider….I think I liked his answers. I think. He wasn’t AS RUDE as he was when talking to Saber. But he didn’t lie or sugar coat things. Like yeah maybe things would have gone differently had they not been partners. Oh no you would be dead with Assassin. But he said all of this in a calm voice and said hey…things will be better if we play video games. Okay maybe he lost me on that one but you know. I think deep down he is okay with working with Waver and maybe they bring out the best in the other?

Photobucket

I'll drive you to the beach Rider! Oh wait no....

But he also acknowledge that he was a fool that just wanted to see the ocean and failed. Maybe he should have apologized to Saber instead of comparing himself to Waver who is trying to prove himself.

Photobucket

So everything he does is insane.

I am not sure what Caster was trying to do in the water. Ryuu seemed excited though. I am also not sure how Rider was able to go around and find people to recruit in his Let’s Beat Castor Party. But they are all ready to fight. Wonder if Archer will show up and help?

Photobucket

The series shall end with me being AWESOME!

And that is about it. We will have to wait until Spring to see the rest of the series. So far there have not been many battles and the characters have been pretty content in talking for 22 minutes at a time. But I think that will change with the next 13 episodes. Are we ready to battle?! XO



7 comments:

eternia said...

It comes from novel, so it has a lot of talks. :-)
Actually, they have already cut us some slack, because Waver and Rider's conversation is even longer in the novel. And they cut down the dream into a simple ocean scene.
And there should be a scene of Lancer and Sola on rooftop. The horny woman want to go exerminate Caster together with him, but Lancer refused and left her alone there. This will result in tragedy later, but it was removed in the anime.
The only thing that's pretty much unchanged is Uryuu and Caster's conversation. Because it's 'important'. Haha. Because it applies to our actual life. Caster has his point, if God really exists, why he doesn't send divine punishment to evildoers?
In my country recently, a poor teenager who stole sandals from a police officer, got sentenced to five years prison.
But bad politicians who took trillions of tax money for themselves only got those money seized and they are sentenced to year prison~ LOL.

eternia said...

I mean one year prison, on my last sentence.
Why doesn't blogspot have eidt feature? Geez.

Christina said...

Eternia- I wish Blogger had a comment edit option. A few sites have a 5 minute window of you being able to change your own comment. Get with the times blogger!

I think Waver and Rider should have more of a conversation. Like cut into Ryuu and Caster's silly conversation. I am glad there was more to the conversation than let's go to the ocean weee!!!

If Ms. Too Many Names and Lancer are going to have a tragedy later because she is ALONE on a roof top maybe they should have showed that. X__X Lancer is not having a good time with Masters is he?

I think that everyday about who is punished in this world and who is not. I try to take comfort in the fact that one day the ultimate punishment will come to those who deserve it. But I admit sometimes hearing stories like the boy and the sandals makes me wonder what God's plan really is. In any case I hope that boy is freed soon because that is way WAY too harsh. Of course here in America we can have reality stars get drunk, high, steal someone's car, RUN SOMEONE'S FOOT OVER, and take off down the road at like 100 miles an hour and they get like 4 hours in jail.

eternia said...

That's just show how bad this country (Indonesia) is. In China, bad politicians such as those were executed with guns. Here? They even have air conditioners and tv and internet in the jail.
Un, Sola is being attacked (you know who, the most cowardly team here) while she's alone on the rooftop. I think they will skip straight to that scene later in season 2.

Christina said...

Eternia- Sounds like Saber has the right idea, always keeping her Master close. Maybe Lancer should keep a better eye on his Master...s instead of Saber. XD

While I think people in prisons should be protected from violence I do think things like TVs and such should be taken away. They need to do the jobs no one else wants to do, like clear the road of all dead animals and dig ditches. Maybe then they will learn a lesson.

Thess said...

I already clarified this, but I'll do this again: Rider yelled at Saber because she had been insulting him for the entire conversation. She was the first one to accuse him (and Gilgamesh) of not being true kings. She just got her ass served in an argument she started.

I was surprised he didn't smack her around considering how rude and ungrateful she acted in the novels. IIRC, the anime changes it at her smiling in episode 5, but that scene has Saber glaring at him and thinking less of him for not being a high and mighty knight like her or Diarmuid after he saved her ass twice in the light novels. My jaw dropped when I read of her appalling behavior. I guess the events in Zero served to humble her a lot and soften her a bit... for Fate/Stay Night.

Rider was nice, thoughtful and polite until his patience ran out (and the alcohol flared his anger).

Mmm also... Oceanus =/= ocean. It's the representation of the edge of the world. Knowing this, you can say that his dream is to see and experience EVERYTHING in the world, think about an endless journey: the mirth, fun and wonder of life itself which expands and shares with his people. Saber's utopia is of a quiet heaven, unreachable and peaceful, Rider's utopia is of a life on motion, towards an endless shore that extends before him (the "glory lies in the horizon" which was what was suitable for his era).

They are opposites that reflect their ways of kingship and eras (Saber had to defend her kingdom in her desire to build it. Rider had to leave behind his motherland in his desire to achieve this). Yet both of them are good dreams.

If they were reborn today, Saber would likely be a judge or lawyer while Rider would lead an astronaut expedition. LOL.

I wouldn't really pay attention of what he means with world conquest (in the expanded novel dream, we see Rider left the governments untouched an continue his journey. It *seemed* like people jumped the shark and assumed his armies would attack them when he was passing through. Then they eventually join him in his expedition, realizing they do too want to share his dream and enjoy the journey).

Thess said...

Oh, Uryuu nailed down "God" in his commentary.

It was mean to be a four wall-comment to hint who is writing the story: Urobuchi Gen. He described the "God" of the story dead on.