Monday, December 19, 2011

Fate/Zero episode 12

Moving right along!!! I am glad I watched three anime episodes before the 8932483 hour Survivor Finale started. It is easier to blog when I have something to watch while I write. That and I have isolated myself in the bedroom trying to keep warm. Of course the bed is near a window….

But yes folks! I think I am nearly caught up now with all available episodes. Hopefully anyway. The Season is slowly coming to an end. Then poof January will be here and an all new season will occur and I will be behind again.

Photobucket

Nope. I hate him. He can't do anything nice.

But for now I am happy to be nearly caught up. Fate/Zero episode 12 baby! Thought there was only 13 but okay let’s roll with that. Spoilers for new houses and someone fishing for a new Master.



Photobucket

Maybe next you can write Granny Panties a letter? Such awesome pieces of technology here.

Episode Summary: Kirei and Tokiomi are having a little meeting. Kirei talks about how all his Assassins are dead now but they know what Rider’s special ability is. Tokiomi basically thanks Kirei for doing all the work but now he gots this! Kirei returns to the church (or wherever he was at) and Archer is there playing a game of chess by himself. Kirei seems relieved that all his Assassins are dead but acknowledges that he is not out of the War yet. He explains that rules which basically state Masters without Servants can get picked again if a Master is killed and a Servant is still alive. Archer seems very interested by this knowledge. Emiya is somewhere....eating a burger. He talks to his “friend” to make sure Irisviel is okay but he goes back to his wall o suspects. He talks to himself about each of their abilities and weakness and when he should take out people. He seems upset that Kirei might be targeting him.

Photobucket

You could afford more bombs if you didn't smoke!

Saber is driving Irisviel to their new home which looks like an old Japanese style house. Irisviel and Saber look around and think it is nice as a house but not the ideal place for headquarters. Irisviel decides to make all the spells up in the storage shed which looks more structurally sound. Saber picks up on the fact that Irisviel is not touching anything. Saber questions what is wrong and Irisviel explains since she is a homunculus she faces many challenges in life and she is a pretty weak person. She is limited her sense of touch to make her magic stronger. Saber is upset but decides to protect Irisviel and serve her no matter what. Meanwhile Kirei has been talking to Archer all this time about people’s motives for wanting the Grail. He doesn’t talk about Emiya at all and spends most of his time talking about Kariya’s motives. Archer finds this laughable as Kariya’s motives are clear and probably the stupidest. Archer keeps working Kirei up and things don’t get better when Kirei is chosen to be a new Master in waiting. Kirei doesn’t want to be a Master if someone else’s wish is killed. But Archer is yes PICK ME! THE END!

Well look at that! Fate Zero actually explained something! Two somethings actually! Pick me off the ground I am shocked! SHOCKED! I understand things weeee!!!!

XO Kirei had a lot to say in this episode. Which I think is pretty funny because on a whole Kirei and his Servant haven’t done a great deal in this series thus far. And since his Servant is ALL DEAD well what can Kirei do now?

Photobucket

Episode 12 and we are getting the rules explained?....Okay!

Well that is where the rules come in. The reason why the Church houses fallen Masters is because they are most likely to be rechosen if a Master is killed and his/her Servant is left behind. I think I just assumed if a Master was killed the Servant would disappear as well. So now it makes more sense that the Masters are trying to kill the other Masters. Of course if one wanted to be ethical (HAHAHA ethical in this game?!) they could still just target the Servants if they wanted to avoid bloodshed.

Photobucket

HMMM I wonder who will be chosen....

But the other part of the rule makes perfect sense to me. It seems as if the Grail had a hard enough time choosing 7 people. It had to pick Ryuu, someone who knew no magic and is a serial killer, then how can it possibly pick another person? Would the 8th person be any worse? That entire magic school has no one appreciate to pick from? If not it makes sense to keep all the surviving Masters alive. It might not be good for the other Masters as their lives are in danger again and now they need to have a whole new strategy right away but it makes sense if you are a Grail. A very mean Grail.

Photobucket

Riding in style!

Saber driving around town was fun to watch. Of course when we found out WHY she was driving around instead of Irisviel it was sad. But to see a modern day Saber having fun in car was fun to see. And I love how she thought it would have been dangerous to have cars back in her day. Such great insight yet cars are pretty dangerous even today. XD

I think this new base o command is a downgrade from the last one. Of course it looks like they spent all their money on the first place. Like err it is Motel 6 time for you now! XD The house didn’t look that bad persay. Actually it was pretty spacious given how tight some portions of Japan can be. As Irisviel revealed though it was not a great…fortress. It hard to protect against the enemy when you live in a house made of rice paper.

The whole Irisviel is “dying” was….interesting. I like how it was done. She wasn’t coughing or making it obvious her condition. I thought her not taking the keys was weird but I thought maybe it had to do with ownership of the house. Like maybe people can’t track her down if she does not touch the keys or something. The not driving and asking Saber to get boxes seemed normal to me. But Saber was all over that! Go Saber.

Photobucket

Saber is a pretty smart Servant here.

Of course….I am not sure why Irisviel is falling apart. Yes I know she is a “fake” human but some things about her existence makes me wonder. She was real enough to give birth another “fake” human right? Maybe I am not clear on what a homunculus means in the Fate Zero universe means. XD I shall read up on it and maybe it will all make more sense.

After some reading I am still a bit confused on why someone would want to create a homunculus. Yes they seem to have a better control of magic/stronger magics but the drawbacks seem too high. Why not just train your family better than relying on a “fake” human you have to create? Also not sure why Irisviel would give birth knowing what kind of fate her daughter would have. Seems weird to me but people in this story seem to have poor parenting skills.

Photobucket

Concern can only come in small doses or it is rude...or something.

I do like that Saber was concerned for Irisviel but wasn’t crying and falling all over the place. I mean I would have done that but Saber has such a great sense of honor and what not she didn’t want to embarrass her Master and felt bad about asking. She will help out Irisviel in every way she can and not mention the condition every five minutes. I do think that Saber will keep more of a watchful eye on her. I think Saber handled the situation very Saber like.

What I did not like was how there was no mention of Saber’s almost meltdown last episode. She was pretty hurt over Rider’s CRUEL words last week yet there was no mention of it this week. I think she should have been upset or shown some sign of inner struggle. Just a little disappointed that this issue was brushed over.

Photobucket

Look at me trying to be important!

It is always weird seeing Emiya on the screen. Like I know he is the real Master but he acts so far removed from the situation I consider him to be playing a different game. When in reality he is playing the hardest game out of everyone isn’t he? I like how he sat down and went over everyone on his tiny little map. Maybe he should care more about his “wife” but clearly he has other things on his mind. WINNING!

Photobucket

Why...I am a strong Servant! Imagine that!

Watching Archer handle Kirei was AWESOME. Archer really, REALLY hates his Master doesn’t he? It was like he was basically saying please murder my Master so you can be my new one. And Kirei just licked it all up and is now beyond confused. I guess SOMEONE is mad that a command seal got used on them so early on in the war.

I do wonder what reason Archer would want to change Masters. Maybe he thinks Kirei’s lack of wish will allow him to control him better? Or could Archer simply not care about this war and Tokiomi cares way too much? All this spying and laying low might get to a person who wants to be out and about, flashing their bling. In any case Archer was like here is a knife, go find his back!

Photobucket

But I didn't want to be picked the first time!!!!

Kirei…he is one hot mess. I thought that we would see him turn on Tokiomi himself but no! All along he was his butt monkey and was okay with it. Like who does that?! Crazy people. Then he listened to Archer to a T and followed people to understand their reasons for participating in the Grail War and his conclusion was…he didn’t want to have a wish because it will kill someones. X___X Why did the Grail choose him again? Well he is better that Ryuu.

Photobucket

I think there is too much polite talk in this series. More punches to the face please.

Although I do agree with Kirei in regards to Kariya. While Kariya does have a noble reason for wanting the Grail it doesn’t go along with other reasons why people are in this war. He has a decent and reasonable person’s wish. A simple wish. And for that Kirei might find the most honor in that. He doesn’t see the joy in suffering nor do I. I know a lot of people think that way but you know…Kariya is a sad little case.

So in the end Saber gets a new place, Archer is trying to get a new Master, and Kirei is so confused. So very confused. Will the next episode have a battle or will it be everyone else doing their final moments of the season? I guess if it a battle we are going to have to wait to see the conclusion anyway….so maybe it will be more talking? Or just an entire episode of Saber driving a car. Just not with Rider because he sucks. :(

5 comments:

eternia said...

It will be probably explained in future episode, but the reason Einzbern family creates homunculus is to make them vessels of the Holy Grail. It has been determined since the first War of Holy Grail. This Holy Grail is a supernatural thing that needs a vessel in order to manifestate in physical world. They are generally short lived, as their purpose is only to become a tool.

Back to this episode, I was bored as well, because it's all talk and no action. This is not novel, they can simply sum it up that behind the screen, that Kirei is convinced by Archer to betray his teacher. There's no need for those homosexual dialogue about pleasure and such, lol.

Christina said...

Eternia- Okay so that means each war would need a homunculus right? Does everyone share the same "vessel" or are they all responsible for having one? I guess not as Waver doesn't have one. Since the Grail is just more than ONE wish for one person I guess it makes sense that one family would take one for the "team" and make fake humans.

Although reading up on it I wouldn't even classify these beings as fake humans. More like BETTER humans.

I am surprised there wasn't as real sex scene. It might have taken less time to convince him had Archer just stripped him then and there. XD

eternia said...

Yes, Einbern's homunculus existed on every holy grail war. No, the vessel is supposed to be one only, for three families' use : Einbern, Tohsaka and Matou. You see, these three are the original designer of holy grail war, so, only them know about the truth behind it.
They don't tell anything to other participants because they don't intend to let outsiders win in the first place.

eternia said...

Eh, wrong.
I read the novel just now.
They only started using homunculus on this war.
The previous ones are probably cups or boxes, lol. But it's correct that it's Einzbern's duty to provide vessels. Even though these families are rivals, they are partners in in crime, at the same time.

Christina said...

Eternia- HMM interesting. The part where they are partners in crime yet rivals. I can see them fighting their hardest to obtain that GOAL but them trying to kill each other I guess makes no sense to me.

But if each different family was responsible for a different element to the war I can see why it is fair that the same family make the vessel. Still not liking the FAKE human verses the REAL human deal it makes sense. As much sense as this crazy show can make anyway. XD Thanks again for the information.