Sunday, December 18, 2011

Kimi to Boku episode 11

I’m done. Just DONE!

Just kidding!!!! Because I am not my lame co-workers. I say co-workers and not ex co-workers because no one can get fired at my store…except possibility me. But everyone else is free to throw a tantrum, drive off, and then come back 10 minutes later and work. Or leave after 3 hours of working and still have a job. So weird.

Photobucket

Err...we'll go with that...

Despite the fact that it is not cold outside I am freezing. X__X Hiding under my blankets as we speak. So I shall try to blog some anime before my fingers break off into little icicles. Kimi to Boku episode 11 has been out forever apparently. Let me blog that! Spoilers for BREAD!!!



Photobucket

Mom violence!!!

Episode Summary: Yuki is at a convenient store when someone comes by and buys the bread he was thinking of getting. He seems captivated by the “thief’s” hair. At school the next day the boys are surprised to see that the roof is closed off due to paint. This excites Chizuru as he feels life has been boring since after the festival and looks forward to eating in the cafeteria. The menu seems to impress the boys and they all get food despite the fact they have bento boxes. Chizuru seems to think one of the cafeteria ladies is hot. Yuki explains the reason why he didn’t get a lunch was he has to eat his convenient store bread. He is trying to collect enough stickers to earn a free plate. He doesn’t think he can earn enough if they are going to eat in the cafeteria from now on though. Chizuru suggest they all go on sticker duty and he will go first. There is some brief drama when other students pick on the cafeteria lady (Kayo) but she is able to protect herself. Yuki goes to buy something at the school store only to see that Kayo and her mom run that as well. Yuki realizes she is the bread thief and wants her sticker. Crazy ensues but she is does not give up her prize sticker.

Photobucket

Get some big ticket items! Aim for the stars. Aim for a 4!

Later Kayo and Yuki are at the same convenient store where she laughs at his sticker attempts. But despite that they seem to have a nice conversation about collecting things and such. Kayo catches a sticker thief which embarrasses Yuki. The next day at school Chizuru is so sad everyone is eating delicious food while all he has is bread. Despite the fact that it was Chizuru’s idea Shun shares his entire lunch with the boy. Masaki comes and sits with the boys so Shun can help her with her homework. Chizuru accidentally gets food all over Shun and runs to wash it in the sink. While Shun protects his naked torso in the bathroom Chizuru asks if Shun likes anyone. Shun says no which sorta makes it awkward haha! After school Yuki goes to buy a notebook when Kayo makes him help wipe down tables. Her finger is cut yo! She talks about how she needs to get out of there fast so she can make it home to her mother. She is all the woman has so it is important to eat meals together. Yuki and Kayo talk about how they don’t plan on using the plate and Kayo pays Yuki for his time with one sticker. Yuki talks to Yuta later, about how he doesn’t think Kayo is pretty and such. HMM. THE END!

Photobucket

So much excitement......crazypants.

I am very, very confused on one…main issue in this episode. And that would be the boys WANTING to eat cafeteria food. They wanted to eat it so much they gave up the food they already had on the first day! I have no idea what that was about. Like you have perfectly good lunches and you are going to throw them away to eat something else? Wasteful.

Photobucket

Just so many choices. I remember there being TWO choices. And it was out of a pool of like 8 menu items!

But putting that aside during their whole Sticker Duty thing no one really wanted to get the bread because that meant they wouldn’t get the lovely tasty cafeteria food. Now I may have mentioned this once or 392832 times but the convenient store food in Japan is GOOD. Like I had some bread for breakfast every day and my husband bought tons of snakes daily. And we found them to be all reasonably priced too. Oh and we have been to high school too. Not a Japanese high school of course. But the only thing I remember being WOOHOO excited about was the REAL chicken nuggets day. Oh and that holiday meals. The rolls were good. So I guess I can’t imagine how AMAZING high school food can be or why someone would want to eat it. That whole part came across as silly to me.

Photobucket

Ah happy times in Japan.

But something I did relate to was the excitement of collecting a special item. When I was in Japan the Lawson items were K-On!! related. Only I think I lucked out on how easy the promotion was as all I had to do was buy two products and automatically got a free fan. But later on in Tokyo I saw how some people would go out and buy all the food products thus getting on the free fans only to sell them later. So I can only imagine how competitive people can get when they have to work harder for an item. Some people might see it just as a silly plate. But once that plate because limited edition and hard to find well then…it must be worth it!

Photobucket

Chizuru is so helpful....until he complains about it later.

So while that part seemed silly, especially since the collector in question didn’t seem that excited about it…..I thought it was fun to watch. Instead of going out to eat with your friends one would have to devote extra money to buy random noms. Every day would be a different kind of issue: go with a known item that has a low point value or go with a new high point food item that is more expensive and unknown. Mysteries people! People who need a little excitement in their lives often do things like this, think ordinary events are amazing. XD

Photobucket

I will cut you for a sticker!!!!

I am not sure what I think of Kayo. On one hand I think I like her. She is like COME BACK HERE WITH THAT STICKER! Sure it was over a small matter but sometimes it is the principal of the thing yes? My husband would have gotten embarrassed had I done that. He seems to think all confrontation is bad or something. So I liked when Kayo was on sticker patrol and I liked it when she told those high school kids to leave her alone or else. She doesn’t need any rescuing!!!!

Photobucket

Thanks mom for giving my stuff away. Much appreciation.

Also I am on her side about the whole Yuki asking for a sticker thing. Like what the hell was that about? Hi I don’t know you but give me your sticker? Um no that was a 4 pointer. Mom was not winning me over either. She thought her daughter was being petty with something that was HERS and she was trying to hook her up with a high school student. Just no mom. Hold your ground Kayo.

Photobucket

Work has to stop because there is a CUT on a FINGER! XO Horrible.

But then there were some moments when Kayo was weird. Like she cut her finger thus she couldn’t wipe the tables off? Why did mom go home if the work wasn’t done? Oh and why does a finger cut make her unable to do her job? She does have TWO hands right? It just seemed weird and awkward, like let’s put Yuki together with Cinderella as much as possible.

Photobucket

I don't see what is so appealing about her anyway.....

Chizuru fighting for Masaki is a bit sad. Especially in light of the fact that Shun has no desire to be with Masaki at all. I might feel bad for Masaki if she wasn’t so mean to Chizuru but I guess that is just high school drama. So sad.

Photobucket

Keep on crying it was your idea!!!

Just for the record I would not give up my entire lunch when someone had their own food. Not that I would want to eat an entire LOAF of bread as my meal but I would be smart enough to bring other things to go along with the bread. So Shun….maybe a few bites but your whole meal? I think not!

This show is weird. Weird high school experience all over the place. But now I want to be in Japan just so I can go to the convenient stores. I think they are having more K-On!! specials. XD

No comments: