Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tenchi's Thoughtful Christmas Gift or Endless Kisses for the Husband!

Happy Holidays my lovely readers/stumblers onto my site! I hope everyone has had a great past few days. What with holidays and after holiday shopping and work I have been a bit busy lately. Who knew shopping could be so tiring?! I think I left a few things in the store for other people...Also I have been a bit slow on posts because my poor little fingers were smushed in the register at work. XO I need those fingers!!!
Photobucket
Christmas Duffy is ready for his Christmas breakfast. It will be a long day. XD
But yes! Time to post again folks. And since I am super excited about what the husband got me for Christmas I will start with that first. Because really...kisses forever. XD
Photobucket
XO A new Duffy is on the scene AND new pins?
In the past year or so the husband and I have been becoming more and more interested in visiting Disney. And while tickets are expensive we have found other ways to enjoy Disney, mainly visiting Downtown Disney. One of our favorite things to do while at Downtown Disney is to trade Disney pins with cast members. We would stock up on cheaper pins from the Discount Disney stores and trade away.
Photobucket
And then there were many happy smiles.
But sometimes we actual buy new pins at the store. Shocking I know. I noticed on various Disney boards people seemed to have up to date information on pins before they were released so we went in search of other websites that would have such information. Once Upon a Pin Podcast was one such site. There we learned that that there was going to be a big pin event to celebrate the grand opening of New Fantasyland.
Photobucket
Okay so I wasn't really there...
Naturally I was very excited. I think Fantasyland is my favorite part of Disney (mostly because my brave level is low and Fantasyland rides are my speed) and I have a really fun time exploring the new parts of Fantasyland when we visited for the Christmas Party. Well this pin event was taking place on a Thursday and it was outside the Disney theme parks. Oh and we just had come back from a vacation from Orlando and funds were low. It said all the pins were limited edition and there seemed to be rules set in place that people could only buy so many since these things get overwhelming. So the husband and I just looked at the pics of all the pretty pins and talked about how maybe things would be different when or if we became annual passholders.
Photobucket
I didn't even SEE this pin on line. So not only did the husband surprise me but he picked out great pins!
Well unbeknownst to me the husband had hatched a plan that night. In Christmases past the husband had a hard time....getting presents under the tree. Like IOUs because he ordered the items too late and they didn't arrive on time. But this year he was already on the ball. A nendoroid sized packaged has already arrived at my house. But he decided to wrap that in Valentine's paper and go with another plan.
Photobucket
Thanks coworker via the husband. XD You made this present even greater.
The husband thought up the sweetest plan ever. He had to work on the event day, Thursday December 6th. He has to get up at 4:45 am every work day to get to work on time. But that Thursday he went to work, got off at 4:00, and drove the 2.5 hours it takes to get to Orlando to get in line for this pin event, buy said pins, and drove all the way back home so he could go to work in a few short hours. XO Did I mention he had to take his work friend along for the ride because said work friend is an annual passholder thus could buy the only passholder pins? Everyone say AWWWW now.
Photobucket
Favorite pin of the bunch.
So come Christmas day my face was beyond surprised. What a lovely, thoughtful, and time consuming gift that was given to me. My little eyes were full of happy tears and I couldn't stop hugging the husband. I think he hit it out of the park with creativity and love. Just AWWWW!!!
Photobucket
XO I even got a box set?! How spoiled am I?!
I think the general mood of Christmas was...the husband "won". For some reason my family always talks about the winning gift, all in good fun though. Obviously a gift given in love and good spirits is appreciated but we acknowledge a gift that seems to go over the top for a certain person. Do you think the husband won?
Photobucket
Love the new area for the Dumbo ride. Before it was just boring. I still can't believe how much TIME the husband spent on this gift. I know some people year after year spend all of the 23rd of December shopping. Because Christmas changes the date every year and it sneaks up on people....
Photobucket
Under the Sea! I am sure to ride this many times in the coming years.
The husband kept the AW factor going with saying things like I wish you could have come to the event and things like that. Since we are new to this pin thing the only "event" I have been to is the first Halloween party of the year at the Magic Kingdom and seeing the line for pins that night. In fact I didn't know what that line was for. I got in line and told the husband to find out what was going on. XD
Photobucket
Can't wait to eat there!!
So what does everyone think? Spoiled Tenchi? Amazing husband? I was just in awe the rest of the day since the husband insisted I open these first. I don't think he could have kept it in any longer. All month long he was like oh I guess it is 1X amount of days til you can open your presents. I think he was a little proud of himself.
Photobucket
First pin event taking up half the board.
The day after Christmas was spent buying ornaments and such. But I made a stop to by a cork board so I could properly display my lovelies. I wasn't wasting any time with this gift.
Photobucket
The husband's coworker is at Disney this week so I asked him to pick up more Disney maps to add to the board.
Also a hidden treasure to these pins is that there is a giraffe involved. I love giraffes! So it is like a 2 and one gift! Plus only 250 of these sets were made so I feel special in that regard too. XD
Photobucket
All my lovelies.
I think that just about wraps up how amazing my husband is. There was a pic of Kira trying to drag away one of my pins but I have no idea where it ended up. I was like NOOOOO not my pin! Goober cat. I hope everyone else gave and received lovely and thoughtful presents. Or ate a lot of good food because that can be an awesome gift too. XD

No comments: