Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Trip Report!

SO SLEEPY! Between trips, work, and holidays I need a...well not a vacation. Because apparently my vacations consist of going to theme parks and squeezing every minute of fun I can get out of them. So maybe I should say is it Sunday yet? Oh it is!
Photobucket
A bit of Christmas magic!
But I must carry on. Since we spent Monday and Wednesday at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventures where did we spend Tuesday? Downtown Disney and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Actually we went to Downtown Disney on Monday night too...I love pins okay!!! So picture heavy approaches...again! XD
Photobucket
Let the Christmas fun begin!
After Tenchi and the husband woke up semi on time it was onto Downtown Disney. We got there right when all the stores had opened. We checked to make sure the pin board wasn't opened yet but then it was on to the Earl of Sammich. Actually we ate dinner there the night before too. This morning there wasn't much of a line. A few people staggering in here and there. I think they mainly wanted coffee. We got our little breakfast sammiches pretty fast. Mine was toasted just right weee!
Photobucket
Wai can we eat in here instead? XD
With our tummies full of food it was time to pin trade! Well and take lots of Duffy pictures. Not to brag or anything but Duffy got a lot of attention today. There were a no little Duffys for $15 bucks. So one would either need to buy a Duffy and an outfit...or look at mine. XD Duffy took a lot of pics but I'll do those in another poster. Just know most cast members are very helpful in picture taking requests, even suggesting things I hadn't thought of.
Photobucket
You don't need pins, just come in here and I will grant your wish!
One thing that was a little -_____- today was the lack of pin board. The night before we were the last in line so we heard a lot of unhappy people being told to come back tomorrow. That the pinboard is a “magical moment” but they usually do it with 1.5 hours of opening. Well we were there at 9:30 a.m., opening. By 12:15 no board despite many people asking. The husband mainly waited and played Angry Birds while I checked other stores. Finally we gave up. Sadness. I always find good pins there too. At least I got it the night before right? Completed the Duffy heads in the process. Maybe next time.
Photobucket
A very expensive balloon ride mind you.
While the pin board wasn't opened we still managed to get a lot of pins. I'm glad the husband likes doing it too because it's fun but takes a lot of time. Going to into stores with a purpose. Yay window shopping!! Also the balloon whet up a lot today which made for pretty picture taking. Almost makes me want to ride it.
Photobucket
Must fuel up before going to the park.
We stopped and had lunch at Pollp Campero. Never had it before. I must be a bad Mexican because I didn't really like their fries. Chicken strips were good though. The husband enjoyed his meal. We were trying to fill up before the party so we didn't have to stop and eat. We also got our free Ghirardelli square chocolate. Peppermint bark today! I did want some ice cream but it was full and we wanted to get to the park. Plus we were going to get enough sugar tonight right? Onward!!!
Photobucket
Peace out parking lot!
So....through a series of special events....we ended up in the parking lot. I think I will just leave it at that. I thought we were cutting it close on time but due to our adventure we got parked and on the next monorail. Finally a park where Duffy belongs in. Riding the monorail is always fun. I liked how we could easily go back to the car at Universal Studios if/when we needed something (like a jacket) but I do like how the parks are hidden away from the outside world. Guess you can't have it both ways.
Photobucket
Well that is super decorated....
Soon we were pulling up to the main gates. The outside could have been decorated a little bit more. Guess I am used to seeing Tokyo Disneyland pics and how they go all out. Like totally all out. Guess I wanted a huge tree or something. Main Street was decorated nice, just thought there could have been more.
Photobucket
Click click time to take pictures!
After getting our map and finding out the stroller pin carriage is a lie (another “magical moment”) it was time to take pictures. Toy soldiers and other decorations were all over the place. Since the party lets us get in at 4 we had time to take pictures of things in the daytime. The storefronts at the Emporium had been changed over to tell the story of A Christmas Carol. It was really nicely done. Maybe they can change it out more often.
Photobucket
Our Sorcerers game took us back to the pin shop later anyway so it worked out.
After checking out a few stores we walked our happy selves to the main pin trading spot near the Country Bears Jamboree. We were told by a store employee that pin buying during Christmas was no where as intense as the Halloween Party ones. We were in line the first day for the Halloween ones but she said there was no need to wait this time, to go around the park and come back later. We ended up doing so and I got a few Christmas pins. A bit sad that the Christmas Duffy was in a box set that cost over 100 dollars. Don't they know I need all the Duffys?
Photobucket
Come back here! We are important!
We rode Big Thunder Mountain which is always fun for me. You know, the parts where my eyes are actually opened. XD I think I just make myself so nervous its built up in my head as the end of the world. From what I see it looks like a fun and well themed ride. We went later in the night so there was no line and we didn't get to see the queue. Just hoped on. That part of the park was a ghost town besides the Seven Dwarfs meet and greet later on that night.
Photobucket
Still a little bit of work going on but behold!
Finally it was time to walk on over to the new Fantasy Land expansion. Can you say excited? Logically I know that this expansion isn't adding that much as one ride was taken out for it and the Seven Dwarfs Minecart won't make up for it until much later. But I think this area is just...well pretty. Almost like the Harry Potter section at Islands of Adventures. The walls out front do look a little weird though. Like oh that is the OLD Fantasy Land and we are the new part so we made a gate separating the two. Maybe it will look better when the Minecart ride is finished.
Photobucket
Coming along I see. Focus on the other side, where Belle and her loveliness is instead!
The first part of the new area is dedicated to all of that wonderfulness that is Beauty and the Beast. Belle has a meet and greet but when we were at that part of the park it was a 40 minute wait. We thought we would go back to the meet and greet during the party but we got too busy. She will always be there though so I won't cry many tears. I am keeping myself spoiler free on what the inside looks like though.
Photobucket
LET ME IN!
Next up the path is the Be Our Guest restaurant. It is opened to the public for lunch from 11:00 to 2:00 pm. That means we could only sit at the gate and look at the way pretty and over the top building. It almost looked like a ride! As much as I wanted to go in and take pictures I know keeping it free from non reservation customers will help keep the atmosphere. A lot of people were turned away upset though. The husband said he would take me there for dinner one day. XO How exciting is that? Something to look forward to. Maybe we can go on our anniversary or something.
Photobucket
Um you dead. Sorry.
One place you are allowed into with no wait is Gaston's Tavern. Not too many people were eating in this quick service restaurant. The atmosphere was really nice though, a lot of personal touches from the movie. All quick service restaurants should look like this. We will probably eat there one day too as it is in our budget and for now seems to be not on many people's radar. We also stopped by Bonjour Gifts before heading on. A lot of Belle specific merchandise in that shop which I love. XD
Photobucket
The original princess with a bunch of hair. XD
Up next was Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. Take pictures, take pictures! A new dark ride that is my speed and the husband will enjoy? Fun times for us. The queue was sorta long but people just ran through it. Hello did you not read the sign? Help Ariel out and point to the crabs. Gosh things are not only about the rides, it is about everything in the area folks! Well more for us to look at, I want to see it all.
Photobucket
Stop and look at the little crabs!
We did manage to make it up to the line rather quickly where Scuttle was there to tell us the story of Ariel the Little Mermaid who was no longer a mermaid. Guess that makes the ride special doesn't it? The ride itself is a fast load with many cast members sprinkled about to make sure there was no overcrowding. I noticed that a lot during our trip to Orlando which is good since personal space is important to me. XD
Photobucket
Apparently I don't die....
The ride itself is super cute, like a normal dark ride. The Under the Sea song portion took up the biggest room. The ride looks like a classic with bits of technology mixed in to let you know that HEY we have improved since 1955. The only part we didn't like was the sudden...well ending of the ride. Like um pretty sure there was a boat going into someone's stomach...That didn't happen at all. Suddenly there was a wedding and Scuttle telling us all was well in the world of the not so Little Mermaid. They didn't run out of space so why was part of the movie taken out? I don't think people can explain that on it being too violent since it IS in the movie itself. Weirdness. But other than the ride was super cute. Will ride over and over again.
Photobucket
Pictures with Ariel yay!
Hidden in the corner was Ariel's new home in her Grotto. I think with all the construction going on not too many people knew about her being back there. We decided to wait in line for this meet and greet as it was only 10 minutes. It was less themed than the ride for the Little Mermaid but still looked like it belonged. I think that two Ariels are out at once which would make sense how the place is configured. Ariel actually took a picture alone with Duffy while others were like um no what if we drop your plushie and the world ends. I am looking at you Sponge Bob!
Photobucket
Super cute yes?
Storybook Circus is visible from Ariel's Grotto but you can't reach it from there. I don't know if you will be able to ever but out we went towards Tomorrow Land to get another new area. I will miss Mickey's House and all the other stuff while a lot of people said it was only a halfhearted attempt at ToonTown. But this new area looks impressive. Since it is winter time the sun decides it is going to set at noon and crap so we didn't make it to the area until nightfall.. But it looks nice all lit up with the neon lights yes?
Photobucket
I spy you little Duffy!
We went into the Big Top Souvenirs just to look around. I hear it was super cute inside and I wasn't disappointed. I wish that it had more circus like things to buy and not the same stuff you can buy all over the park. I say that and nearly lost my mind when I saw the elusive mini Duffy stuffed in a random barrel. The husband was in mid sentence and suddenly I was like what is that?! He said it looked like a sea of plushies wearing little jackets and he didn't know how I saw them. I got Duffy vision.
Photobucket
I want to buy the giraffes!
Next on the map was a little splash area for kids. I am sure that will be a busy place on hot days. They also sell towels in case walking around wet isn't fun for you. Pete's Silly Sideshow is located near this area up some stairs in the back. I think this area might look better in the light. XD This area is another meet and greet for some circus characters. The wait time was actually reasonable but we had other things we wanted to get done before the night was over. Time seems to fly when you are having fun and we knew those 15 minutes would add up.
Photobucket
Look at me I am super brave!
I had another brave moment and rode the Barnstormer for the first time ever. I think my husband could fall asleep on these type of rides while I am more like OH NO! The ride goes through some of the Dumbo area. I remember the previous version of Barnstormer looked bigger? Or maybe it just went through a bigger area of a barn. But I think it is cute and I will probably ride it again.
Photobucket
Did these light up before?
Onward to the Dumbo Spinners...times two! There is one big line for both parts of the ride. In the middle is a little play area for kids. You basically have you place held in line if you want the kids to play and then you are buzzed in later for your turn in line. The spinners themselves look the same as before but I don't remember the colorful lights on them. They looked really pretty at night. The husband had fun jerking the ride up and down suddenly so I would freak out. Thanks husband. Dumbo does get reunited with his mom at the end of the movie yes?
Photobucket
Time to get our party on!
After the Dumbo ride it was officially time for the Christmas Party. Daytime guests were slowly ushered out after claiming they had no idea about the party. Because the signs all over the park when you came in weren't obvious. The castle started to sparkle and snow started to fall on Main Street. Christmas Time indeed! Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Photobucket
Have you played this game yet?
Our first stop was to pick up a pack of Sorcerers of the magic Kingdom for the each of us. They have a special card just for the Christmas Party like they did with the Halloween Party. This time they only gave us one key so we had to play one game at a time. We played the game twice, to test out the new cards we got. The Christmas cards weren't as powerful as the Halloween ones but still a great time was had. I wonder what the game looks like in the day time. Also we saw some hard core people walking around with books of cards. X___X
Photobucket
Just so pretty. The Castle Dream Lights.
We took a ride on the Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and watched Philarmagic. A lot of running around and trying to get as much done as possible. We were focusing on getting all the Christmas events done and only doing other things when we had time.
Photobucket
The husband took lots of pictures for me. XD
There were many Christmas events we attended. The first one was the Castle Dream Lights presentation. This only had one showing all night and thus it was packed. Basically the castle was lit up with many different scenes from various movies and events. It was cool seeing a castle you are used to looking at becoming so different. I loved the Cheshire Cat scene and well as the Inception one. XD It was pretty cool watching the castle. Even if you can't get a seat in the front the side of the castle still shows it all.
Photobucket
Run for a spot!
Right after the Light show it was a mad house to get a spot to watch the fireworks. I also wanted to get a spot to watch the second showing of the parade. A lot of people were camped out for hours before hand. Like they bought tickets and were going to wait the entire time for these events. X___X But we managed to find a spot where my personal space was only crumbled into a million pieces for the Christmas fireworks. Everyone likes fireworks right? I must say though the Halloween ones are much better than the Christmas ones. I think it has to do with the overall feeling. But explosions are always fun yes?
Photobucket
Due to the camera dying I only have pictures of the parade sorry. :( The show was cute though.
Right after the fireworks we got some seating for the parade. It was hard to do and a bit crowded at times. This was the only part of the night where I thought TOO MANY PEOPLE! But we managed to get our spot despite some people thinking that if they saved two spots their family of five can glare at me when I am next to them. XD
Photobucket
Waving during the parade!
Before the parade started though there was another event! I tell you it was one thing after another. Once you enter the park you need to hook yourself up with a map to schedule things to do. Celebrate the Season was a castle stage show that focused mainly on the Mickey Gang and his present to Minnie. Some classic Christmas songs and nice little costume changes. Really felt like Christmas when I was watching it. Funny how nice all these clothes look to me but there is no way I would want to be that cold to wear them. XD
Photobucket
Aren't we the cutest?
I really enjoyed Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. All the floats were so cute and went well together. The Halloween one almost seems mismatched at times. But Christmas and snow is an easy theme to put together yes? Throw on some jackets and snow and it is a parade.
Photobucket
All the floats should have Duffy on them right?
Obviously the best part of the parade was Duffy. Both of my Christmas Duffys were in my shopping bag sticking out to watch the fun. So when the first float went by Duffy pointed at me and my Duffs and was all happy. Then other people in the parade kept doing that too. Duffy is so popular. Everyone buy Duffy stuff now so they will bring more and more stuff over for him.
Photobucket
Just because your name is Snow doesn't mean you deserve your own float. XD
All of the floats were amazing but...our camera died halfway through. Guess we forgot to charge it on Monday night. :( A bit of a bummer but at least we got to see it yes? There were real horses in the parade as well as some lesser known characters. Glad we saw it.
Photobucket
They would probably would like some cookies too.
Throughout the park there were cookie and hot cocoa stations. Usually in a regular restaurant area. All free of charge. There were different kinds of cookies to pick from and they were so soft and good! I wish I could have eaten more than three. I thought that was me being a pig but they were just giving us two at a time. XD The cocoa came in a cute little cup as well. Most of the lines went by pretty fast with some people trying to carry so much. It is nice that a dad is trying to get all the stuff for his family but 6 drinks and 12 cookies is probably not going to happen. But yes I don't know what is better, free candy or free cookies and cocoa. X___X The cookies were yummy and the cocoa kept us hydrated and warm.
Photobucket
Stitch? I hear he is a nice little monster.
We didn't make it to any of the dance parties but we did manage to get to A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show. It was the very last event we were able to do and I am glad we made it. More people should have come by! There were some real life “kids” trying to get Santa to come to their event. The hostess was asking Stitch to come and help find Santa but Stitch pointed out that Santa was a criminal and I believe the little guy was going to blast him out of the sky.
Photobucket
One last look at the castle.
The show was really cute. I wish we had pictures. At first I was kinda bummed that Stitch was on the TV screen and not a real character in the show. He came out later as Santa himself but him on the screen was cute too. The whole thing was a nice production and hopefully gets a better turnout next time.
Photobucket
One day....
And then the party was over. So soon? But it was nice yes? The snow falling, all the shows/events we attended. Add in the fact we got military tickets and I think we got our money's worth despite the crowd at some points. You can really save money on snacks when there are free ones all over the place. I really loved how beautiful the castle looked with all the lights on it. We probably could have taken pictures for hours there. There is so much more to see and do at the Magic Kingdom you need more than one trip. But for now I got my fill with this Very Merry Christmas Party. Hope you enjoyed all my pictures! XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello @Christina

How did you get so much money for all these trips?

Did you win the lottery? :O I, like many people, didn't win anything. Sad me is sad. :(

I am shocked beyond belief that you are able to go on trips in several consecutive months.

I'm pretty much saving cash since the trip to my cousin's wedding in California.

Now, how will you buy Christmas presents or a New Year turkey dinner if the bank is empty after all these tours?

Hope you had a good time. :)

Christina said...

Anonymous- I wish I had a money tree in my backyard but I live in a condo. XD No backyard for me.

A lot of careful planning and of course the husband helps out when he can. It really helps that he is in the military and thus we get special deals for theme parks from time to time. Like the reason why we went to the Christmas Party so early (November) was they were offering military discount tickets on the slow days. So we saved a lot of money by going almost right after Thanksgiving. Of course some saving is dependent on whether or not people tip good that week or not...