Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yuru Yuri Season Two episode 8

Hello there my lovely readers! I am so far behind in...well everything it is not even funny. X__X The husband leaves town and I decide to do nothing but snuggle with my cat? What a lazy pants I am. Hopefully I can light a fire under my butt and clean the house, response to blog comments, and catch up on tons of episodes.
Photobucket
Someone looks super helpful. X__X
So here is my feeble attempt to do a bit of catching up today. Yuru Yuri Season Two episode 8 time. Spoilers for Merry Christmas Time!

Episode Summary: After the amazing adventures at summer Comiket…Kyoko is stressed out that she hasn’t finished her manga for the winter Comiket coming up shortly. Yui chastises Kyoko for poor time management but agrees to help as she is used to helping. Akari says she will help out if Kyoko shows her the ropes. Chinatsu is like what can I do to help and everyone is like MAKE TEA! Chinatsu gets upset as Kyoko refuses to allow her to help and becomes annoying with random dancing around the room. This distracts everyone from their work so Yui asks for fresh tea about 4723743 more times to distract the girl. Everyone decides to take a bathroom break and when they return Chinatsu has messed up one of the pages. Kyoko freaks out and the world ends. Later when Kyoko puts herself back together she dons a Santa outfit and stomps to the student council office declaring it Christmas party time! So all 8 of the main girls decide to give in to Kyoko and they go to the Karaoke place. Surely this will a grand day! 

Kyoko seems to have the most fun buying crazy amounts of food and drinks for the group. She takes great pleasure in messing with Yui’s drinks. Most of the songs seem to be the same one about lovers and matching mugs. Ayano tries to pick a song to sing with Kyoko but keeps attacks of shyness. Chinatsu keeps trying to pick a song to sing with Yui but her plot is foiled time after time. Chitose and Akari seem to have fun but since they are acting relatively normal no one pays attention to them. Himawari has to put up with Sakurako being a brat so it is a successful Christmas party. Sometime later Chinatsu is taken out by Yui. Yui has still not repaid Chinatsu for the awful chocolates and scarf for Valentine’s Day so surely taking out the girl near Christmas time would be a great idea. Chinatsu slowly starts to lose her mind and plots how to make this a real date. She momentarily gets a bit sad when she realizes “normal” couples don’t have two girls but then decides she is who she is. She makes Yui take her to a scary movie so she can snuggle up to Yui but things do not go according to plan. She ends up almost ripping off Yui’s arm. Yui tries to put on a brave face but Chinatsu gets a little sad. Yui smiles and says she is having a great day. That breaks all the resolve Chinatsu had in her little body and she turns into a total crazy pants. She declares Yui her lover and hangs all over, creating a scene and such. Happy Holidays. THE END! 

Ah Yuru Yuri. Such an insane little show that makes almost no sense half the time. Yet people watch it and the first nendoroid from the series is set to come out soon. That is how you known you have made it in the anime world. At least by Tenchi standards.
Photobucket
Fall is a boring time of year anyway.
So why do I think the show is weird this week? Well weren’t we at the summer Comiket last week? I believe we were. And now this week Kyoko is getting ready for the winter Comiket? One could argue that it takes months to get ready for events, that after one is over you get to work on the next one. But…since Kyoko was dressed as Santa later in the episode and other Christmasy things…I am going to assume that it is December. Apparently September, October, and November aren’t that important.
Photobucket
Everyone is a slave rejoice!!!
So putting aside that..Kyoko needs help. I thought she had a circle she worked with. X__X Or at least other manga friends. Why is Yui so used to it? Oh because Kyoko has always been this special and she can’t count on anyone like she can Yui. Akari was a quick learn too. Eager to please and not be invisible I am sure. Good thing those two said yes or Kyoko would have been screwed.
Photobucket
More tea please!
The person who wanted to help the most was the one shunned from the project. Since it is Chinatsu I really can’t complain. She needs to suffer a bit. After seeing the world’s scariest manga done by her hand I can see why Kyoko was hesitate to give her any control over the situation. Maybe next time Kyoko will just invite Yui and Akari to her house and unleash the super surprise! Time to work. Maybe Chinatsu would have found out and been mad but at least the art would have been saved.
Photobucket
I'm a little tea pot!
Chinatsu did a lot of things while she wasn’t allowed to work. Her random scary dances were nice and..well scary. Distracting too. I can see why the girls wanted her to do other things but that particular activity was annoying to the girls. Yui trying to take one for the team was pretty sweet. I don’t think I could have drank that much of something I love (Code Red PARTY!) let alone…tea. X__X Good job Yui. But…all that effort was for nothing. Chinatsu was able to reach the pretty drawings and ruin them. Usually Kyoko has spaz attacks for no reason but this time I felt bad for her.
Photobucket
Time to party WEEEE!
So…forgetting all that just happened..CHRISTMAS PARTY! It is interesting to see how Japan celebrates Christmas even though I am aware this is an anime show and has been exaggerated. Still the idea of presents seems to only be a big deal between couples and maybe close friends. Being together with people and having a good time seems to take over this holiday which is a big chunk of Christmas yet?
Photobucket
Someone looks excited over karaoke...
That being said I hate karaoke. XD I mean maybe I would love it if I was a good singer. But these kind of events don’t really bring out the amazing singers. Case in point all of these girls….well they sounded like little 12 year old girls barely on key. XD Although I do recall reading somewhere that the enthusiasm behind the singing is what people focus on in Japan. Still I wonder why this because so popular in Japan. X__X Just seems like a lot to do.
Photobucket
SO MUCH FOOD!
X__________________X Are these girls rich? Or at least Kyoko. All the food and drinks almost made me explode. I hope those were free refills or else those girls lost all their allowance for the month. It looked so expensive but hey it was a party. Maybe that is the point of Karaoke? Cheap food and a fun place to be alone to party all night long? Wait how old are these kids? X___X
Photobucket
Look at me being all cute and blushy.
So the singing…..they were singing the same song over and over again right? I’m not crazy yes? Kyoko did her best be lively, Akari probably was the best, and Chinatsu was creepy. Chisato was tolerable this episode which is a miracle. Ayano was too shy to get her way and the other two girls…well they didn’t contribute much so why did they bother showing up? Overall it looked like a fun party and maybe the girls had to be rolled out because they ate so much. Just I rather…well go to Steak n Shake with my friends than listen to any of us sing.
Photobucket
See? A romantic date.
Chinatsu goes on a date with Yui. Yui does know that she is a crazy person yes? Maybe that makes Yui insane too for never learning her lesson. She did need to pay back Valentine’s Day but…isn’t that what White Day is for. Bad Yui. I would have gotten her a nice sweater or something because the idea of trapping myself with that insane person is a bit too much for me.
Photobucket
Don't worry about what other people think about you. Well....loving a girl anyway.
I ALMOST felt bad for Chinatsu. ALMOST. The part where she felt bad that she wasn’t “normal” for wanting to go out with a girl. True Chinatsu isn’t normal and all the yuri in this show is way over the top. Had she really been in love with Yui and felt this way I would have been all :( too for her. If you love someone you love them. Well as long as everyone is on consenting age. And since both these girls are about the same age…I say have at it.
Photobucket
Good idea in theory...
But Chinatsu is insane so it is hard to feel bad for her. She did try pretty hard in this episode though. I thought her scary movie idea was a good one. Too bad she took it way too far with the squeezing. Yui might have to get a restraining order against Chinatsu now. But…since Yui isn’t honest Chinatsu thought the movie was a success. I love going to horror movies too and getting scared out of my mind. XD
Photobucket
....but the results are special.
Overall I think that Yui was trying to have a nice time with Chinatsu. And Chinatsu was almost acting normal. But in true Chinatsu fashion she has to ruin things. She can’t just leave well enough alone. Yui was smiling and Chinatsu was like this is a real date…SO I LOVE YOU! Let me embarrass you in front of everyone and act like a complete fool. WOOHOO good times. This is surely how to get a second date.
Photobucket
Not quite as scary as Chinatsu's drawings but still.....
So…I think this is about it for the insane show that is Yuru Yuri. Yay for Christmas and mangas yes? Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get a Code Red now…or two. Maybe three. Then explode!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a big fan of karaoke! Then again, I suck at singing >:(. About your question regarding the girls' age, I'm guessing middle school, so 12-14? If so, it's amazing that their parents would give them that much freedom and money! Wow, the most my parents gave me for allowance was just $20 bucks. I mean, who the hell is paying for all that food and karaoke room?! Do their parents know about this? Where are they? Why do they let their kids wonder around Japan without a guardian? When I was their age, my parents looked after me like Eagles and would definitely be concerned of how they received a $500 bill in food and karaoke!

Christina said...

Anonymous- Back in my day, before cellphones for all and computers were in every single room of the house...what allowance?! So I am in awe of all the pocket change these kids have. But I think it might be accurate of how much money kids really do get in Japan. While the cost of living is higher if someone only has one or two kids AND aren't living in the middle of Tokyo maybe there is more extra money to go around.

And when I was in Japan (because I mention that all the time because I live through my memories) there were a lot of group of unsupervised kids walking around and behaving. The crime rate is a lot lower than in the United States so maybe parents don't worry so much. Also with kids having to take public transportation all the time to get to school parents have to trust their kids at an early age.

That being said I sing like a frog and rather spend the money going to Disney. XD