Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Accel World episode 19: Enter Voltron!

WEEEE! Moving right along in the catching up on posts train. Maybe because it is a little quiet without the husband. Kira the amazing cat is trying to make up for all the quiet by running around the house and creating scary noises for me to freak out about. I have the best cat ever apparently.
Photobucket
Was there a unicorn too?!!?!
Since Kira can't read or write I will have to blog all these episodes myself. Psht silly cat not pulling her own weight around her. LAZY! But up now is Accel World episode 19. Spoilers for information at the speed of fast!
Photobucket
This makes me feel really bad for Crikin. :(
Episode Summary: Kuroyuki listens to Crikin’s story, about how he came to live in Okinawa and become a binge drinker. His parents got a divorce and he was shipped off to this island (because Japan is NOT an island ya’ll) and there was not one Brain Burster around. He eventually gave the program to Ruka and she was able to become a Burst Linker. They then gave the program to Mana and it worked as well. So it was just the three of them earning points very slowly. Until this monster showed up. Before Kuroyuki could wish him good luck the dragon monster appears. Crikin explains that an avatar is riding the dragon yet no name shows up on the challenge board. Kuroyuki fails to mention this connection to Nomi because she is too busy figuring everything else without any clues at all. She is like AHA you (Sulfur Pot) are using hack programs to appear in Okinawa even though you are probably in Tokyo. Oh and you are doing this so you can farm low level monsters with the big legions seeing you. Sulfur Pot is like PSHT I am going to beat you two up! Ruka and Mana are set to gather metal while Kuroyuki beats up on the dragon. Turns out the tamed monster has an ultimate attack bar too and they must contend with that. Soon all the metal is gather and Crikin morphs into Voltron. No joke. He beats on the dragon and Sulfur Pot and appears to win…but Sulfur Pot and dragon have a combine attack that catches the air on fire. Voltron is destroyed and all hope seems lost even though Kuroyuki is okay.
Photobucket
This sounds really important. Write this down Kuroyuki!
Megumi enters the lounge where Ruka, Mana, and Kuroyuki are plugged in. Megumi goes to unplug Megumi when a younger version of Megumi appears and tells her to log in instead. So she does…as some sorta magical girl avatar person. Instantly Kuroyuki knows it is Megumi. Megumi tells Kuroyuki she will protect her and uses her attack to change the battlefield to the ocean, making the dragon and Sulfur Pot pretty useless. Megumi then disappears for some reason. Crikin sinks to the bottom but Mana and Ruka turn into mermaids and trap their enemies in a twister. Kuroyuki separates the dragon from Sulfur Pot so the dragon eats said Sulfur Pot. After the battle Crikin gives Kuroyuki the magical item that dropped from the dragon, the reigns, saying she will need them one day. Kuroyuki waits in the game for Sulfur Pot to regenerate so she can kick his ass and do some questioning. Soon Megumi and Kuroyuki leave the island and all her new friends wish her off, saying they want to see her again one day. Megumi is just lalalaing all over the bus so Kuroyuki explains that Megumi woke up in the café without remembering what happened. So…Kuroyuki decides that she won’t question if or when Megumi was a Burst Linker. She figures that something happened to the girl and will let her explain in her own time. Kuroyuki thinks about this new group of people, hopefully implying that Nomi and Sulfur Pot are a part of the same group. Kuroyuki and Megumi smile and play around on the bus, thinking about the presents they bought each other on the island. THE END!
Photobucket
What?! You didn't think we were magical?! :(
So…I think a while back I said a certain episode was my least favorite episode of the series but held the right to change my mind. I do remember saying that all the episodes up to that point were really good and that episode was just okay. Well I can safely say this episode was worse. Way worse.
Photobucket
I thought he was talking about some kind of Facebook game. XD
I kinda feel bad because despite Haruyuki crying all the time and terms being thrown at me without proper explanation…I have enjoyed this show. So I feel like a douchebag for not being super excited about this episode. But really folks the pacing was HORRIBLE! I felt as if I watched two episodes in 22 minutes. Like WHAM all over folks gotta make this arc only two episodes so we can move on to bigger and better things. I don’t think anything was explained well and everything was rushed.
Photobucket
How....how do you know this?!
Take for instance Kuroyuki figuring out what Sulfur Pot was doing. She just looked at him and was like oh yeah you are farming monsters all the way from Tokyo. I see how you are using a back door program to hack the game. If Kuroyuki is this smart why didn’t she figure out what Nomi was doing? Hopefully he is a smarter…2nd generation player and Sulfur Pot just sucked. But really it was all so magical. Too magical for words. Just oh this is what is going on so lets get to the battle so we can all make it to dinner on time.
Photobucket
WEEE I HAS A DRAGON!
Can we get an explanation on how Sulfur Pot could tame a monster? I mean clearly the issue on the hacking/name not appearing on the challenge list won’t be explained until Nomi is taken down. Or maybe that will be the major “enemy” of Season Two. We can’t run around killing Kings for Kuroyuki all the time if we are expected to buy merchandise and character goods! We need to drag this out. So that answer I can see not coming our way for quite a while. I just thought that hey taming a legendary monster in the game…might need some explanation. But we were on a time crunch so explanations are the enemy.
Photobucket
The most amazing transformation ever!
Crikin turning into Voltron…..I have no words. I have no words. I mean it was way better than the random medium see the future moment we got last week. That came out of NOWHERE! But I don’t think I was expecting Crikin to turn into Voltron. Can you really expect those things though? I thought he was going to use the metal to make a huge gun or something. I don’t know, it was just…special.
Photobucket
Well....at least Sulfur Pot was smart?
Of course Crikin wasn’t going to win against Sulfur Pot. I mean Sulfur Pot better have an amazing game plan if he is going to run around hacking the system and going to the trouble of taming a dragon right? He better not be down for the count after a few hits. So teaming up with a fire breathing dragon when you have a gun powder attack..probably a good idea.
Photobucket
One more time? What happened?! I want to know!
WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH MEGUMI?! This was the stupidest, randomiest, and unnecessary parts of the episode. Yes homegirl got them to the ocean which turned the tide of the battle. But Kuroyuki is pretty amazing and is a King. I am sure she could have done some major damage and beaten Sulfur Pot on her own. But if Megumi didn’t show up the girls couldn’t have turned into mermaids and that would be lame folks. Lame. We need mermaids. And the magical object that the dragon dropped.
Photobucket
WHO ARE YOU?! What is going on?!
But come on folks. I just assumed Megumi was keeping this secret from Kuroyuki. That she was crying in the hotel because she felt guilty that Kuroyuki was confessing to the game and she wasn’t. But the way the episode went I could go either way on if Megumi knew about Brain Burst at that moment. She obviously knew at some point as she appears to be a high level player but she had to be coaxed into it by her…past self. Weird. So had she already forgotten about the game or did she forgot after using the landscape spell?
Photobucket
And this is not causing you alarm why....?
Oh yes folks. FORGOT! Why did Megumi forget? Why did she quit the game? Why was she crying in the hotel? Why hadn’t Kuroyuki heard of such a strong player before? OH WE DON’T KNOW! Because Kuroyuki didn’t ask or care. It was literally…oh that was interesting. If Megumi wants to tell me later she can. Even though I just acknowledged she forgot. I have no idea why the show is doing this other than to drive me crazy. Such a throw away situation. Why Why WHY! Aren’t there enough secrets in this game and what not already? As one can tell I am not a real fan of this…thisness. Kuroyuki should be asking questions. Can someone really erase their memories of their time in the game? ASK KUROYUKI!
Photobucket
Sounds like an organized...organization.
But Kuroyuki is too busy thinking about Sulfur Pot and how he didn’t tell her jack shit. Like lala I don’t have to tell you anything. Which I appreciate actually. Like oh snap I have been beaten in battle let me spill all my master’s secrets. But Kuroyuki was focusing on that drama and the pretty necklace she bought her friend. Guess Kuroyuki can’t be on her game 24/7 or she wouldn’t be fun to watch.
Photobucket
Yay for mermaids!
So I think that is about it. I actually like the mermaid avatar type deal but it seems like they are really restricted when it comes to backdrops. It is sorta sad that they have no one else to play with but at least dragons aren’t going to run around and eat them anymore. Next week looks like lots of fun, with Kuroyuki getting her ass kicked and Haruyuki turning into a demon pig monster from hell. ENJOY!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’d like to see Kuroyukihime “crush them (organization) mercilessly”, but I doubt that will be TV-friendly………they probably won’t show it. -_-

eternia said...

This show has potential. But just like Guilty Crown, it turned into a trainwreck as time goes on.
XD
And this was the author's 2nd series after Hype Art Online.

Looks like the story is back to Noumi next week. More rage waiting.

Anonymous said...

If you looks closely, Sulfur Pot use that reign to tame that Legend rank: Neezhog. Legendary Beast can not be tamed. Due to Kuroyukihime cut off that reign that's why Neezhog loose “control” and eat Sulfur Pot, and later Crikin receive that item.

Quote from Mixed Milkshake:
Just to expand on the concept of Over Driver. This is a technique developed by Kuroyukihime to make up for her Duel Avatar’s shortcomings. Black Lotus is a light-weight close-combat type Avatar. The Avatar itself has relatively low defense and range. Over Drive is close to but not quite an Incarnate System Ability, it uses self-suggestion to mentally enhance Black Lotus’ 3 parameters. Mode Green for higher defense and body rigidity, Mode Red for increase in attack range and Mode Blue for added destructive power.

(continues........)

Anonymous said...

As for Megumi, judging from this ep it shown she was a Brain Burst (BB), and when you uninstall BB you tent to lose your memories.

I am guessing she is the “healer” who un-install herself from AccWorld, I mean looking at her design, it screams a “healer”.

Oh our awesome Crikin, he is a big “Mega Machine” w/ a screw loose (literally). XDD

Anonymous said...

@ Eternia

Ahh...Guilty Crown. My guilty pleasure is finding the flaws of that anime and snarking about them. My opinion of course.

Someone needs to do a Mystery Science Theatre style or Rifftrak of that anime. It's so much fun watching with friends :)

Christina said...

Anonymous- Kuroyuki seems like the kind of person whom you would never want to make mad. I mean...if she can chop off the head of the guy she likes no one is safe. TAKE NOTE HARUYUKI!

Eternia- Nomi is gross. His smile makes me want to puke. But now you mentioned Guilty Crown and my eyes melted into my skull. Poor eyeballs.

Anonymous 2- I think I understood half of what you said. Not that you aren't explaining it well, it is just WAY in-depth. WAY IN-DEPTH! I guess games are like that now. Even Pokemon is overcomplicated and all I want to do is play with the cute ones. All this business of using your mind to create whatever you want...is weird but considering the technology maybe not so much.

But that makes sense if Meguimi was the healer. Like why she had to leave the game because of the pressure. But if she uninstalled how did she pop back on? Also isn't one of the Kings a healer too? But maybe everyone isn't aware of how many healers truly are/were in the game if they live in fear of their powers.

Anonymous said...

About the healing part, that is just my guessing, I got no prove. But you DO loose your memories if you un-instal BB.

Christina said...

Anonymous- Maybe when Kuroyuki actually reaches her goal of obtaining level 10 she will learn why uninstalling the game causes you to lose memories. Maybe because that person has grown enough from their time in the game? But it is hard to grow if you can't remember it...