Sunday, August 26, 2012

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita episode 8: Groundhogs Day....Part Two

Hello there my lovely readers! It is I your lazy blogger! XD The husband has been gone for a week and the house still feels weird and quiet. Also I would like to eat something besides TV dinners. XD See? I am lazy in all aspects in my life. Does that make you all feel better?...Probably not because I have been slacking on replying to comments too. :( Sorry.
Photobucket
Sexual Harassment Assistant?
While I think of a way to blame Kira….time to finally finish something I started like 48 hours ago? SLACKER TENCHI! Up now is Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita episode 8! Spoilers for…well the same thing as episode 7…
Photobucket
I think she needs a more positive life but that is just me. XD
Episode Summary: Well…..episode 8 is almost the exact same as episode 7 except scenes are…in order and expanded a bit. Each trip back in time is labeled as well as the time. Everything goes very similarly compared to the time traveling events in episode 7. Doctor seems to have more time to tell Ms. Fairy everything though. In each timeline Doctor seems to understand that time traveling is going on as well so she doesn’t take as much as long to explain Assistant in each situation. Basically Assistant was a part of a group that lived separated from society for about 100 years. When Assistant was found he was the only one left. Since he grew up alone he didn’t develop speech skills. But as Grandfather and Doctor point out Assistant has bigger problems than that. He doesn’t really leave much of an impression and once he leaves the room people have a hard time remembering him. Grandfather and Doctor both have a hard time describing him to Ms. Fairy. Ms. Fairy resolves to find Assistant but keeps finding herself in the forest with the oven and past versions of herself.
Photobucket
Why didn't they just refer to him as a blank slate? X___X
In one particular timeline things are not labeled and things go weird. Ms. Fairy ends up finding the Assistant in the town square. He is not the boy viewers have seen in prior episodes. He looks different, his clothes aren’t the same, and he can talk. His personality seems to be focused on hitting on women and making Ms. Fairy uncomfortable. He touches her boobies and there is almost a court case. The walk along and Assistant takes the watch Ms. Fairy is wearing. She decided he can borrow it but really he skips along to flirt with another girl. Then the timelines start going back to the correct order, with Assistant not being found and Ms. Fairy ending up in the forest of sweets. The fairies talk about how the last banana sent her back way too far but this time will be better. All the Ms. Fairys start talking about how they think Assistant will be. They list many qualities with the current Ms. Fairy picking a few things but mainly hoping he is somewhere in the middle. After waking up from this timeline Grandfather picks up Ms. Fairy in his chariot and they go to town together. They find Assistant petting a dog in the square. He doesn’t talk and he looks like the Assistant viewers already know. They make it back to Grandfathers with Assistant taking one of the dogs with him. They try to figure out what kind of dog it is and Assistant says it is a Time Paradog. Ms. Fairy makes a face while Grandfather is like OH I see. He tries to explain that when someone time travels to fix things a dog is left in its place. Ms. Fairy doesn’t seem to care but is happy Assistant is there. THE END!
Photobucket
I think Ms. Fairy is either insane or...the only sane person in the show. One of the two.
I don’t think I have ever watched a show that was on so much crack. I mean I am sure there are shows out there that are more insane than this show and maybe some shows I have watched had special moments. I just don’t think this show is in league with most…and I am not sure whether that is a positive thing or not yet. This show leaves me very confused and conflicted.
Photobucket
Even the characters were like um didn't we already do this?
This episode is almost exactly the same as episode 7 except with new material at the very end of this episode. Everything else was just added in, like bonus material. Think of it as the director’s cut. X__X Everything played out exactly the same but scenes were expanded and made more sense. So everyone was supposed to be confused in episode 7 and be like OH everything makes sense in episode 8. The writers really love their viewers don’t they?
Photobucket
Grandfather is just so helpful...
Some of the newly found footage included both Doctor and Grandfather talking about how Assistant really didn’t have much of a personality and didn’t stand out. Grandfather was a bit mean about it. Or really a bit…this doesn’t matter and let me talk about how gorgeous young men should be. Actually now that I think about it I am a bit freak out about Grandfather.
Photobucket
:( Growing up alone sounds so...well lonely. Duh.
But Doctor was a bit more helpful. Maybe because she sensed something was wrong or maybe because she felt bad for Assistant. It makes me feel sad too though. At first I thought they were being mean, like they were describing him as boring or something. But it makes sense. If you are not around people or things it is hard to form who you are. Surely there are parts of you that will always be you. But we are also formed by our surroundings and how people react to us and how we learn from experiences. If Assistant received none of that then he was/is a blank slate.
Photobucket
Do not like this Assistant.
That all being said I didn’t like the random timeline where Assistant looked and acted differently. I suppose that every timeline could have been like that, with Assistant trying out different personalities and seeing what worked and the time traveling banana messed up and allowed Ms. Fairy to see what was going on. But still…I am glad he didn’t go with that one. Way too…friendly for a 13 year old. Talking to Ms. Fairy like that. Parts of him seemed sweet but then he went back to being perverted so I wasn’t sure what was real and what was an act. As much as I would like Assistant to talk he can remain silent if this is the result.
Photobucket
I am sorta amazed that the same person was able to have that many different opinions...
So in the end….I really don’t know how many Ms. Fairys ended up at the picnic or tea party if there weren’t that many timelines to go by. But the point was for Assistant to figure out who he was and apparently he needed other people to do that. I can see that to a point but…I don’t know. I guess he doesn’t have anything else to base…himself on so this was the best that could have happened. He was a blank slate and needed positive ideas on what to base his personality about. X__X Am I getting sad about a show with crazy fairies and magical bananas?
Photobucket
We are not suspicious at all!
Oh speaking of that….what did the fairies have to do with this? I just assumed they were in this for the sweets but apparently they were also helping out Assistant? That is the only way Assistant could have repeated the events over and over again. So why were they helping him out? Did they think it looked interesting? Or maybe the fairies were only thinking of themselves and by helping Assistant they would get extra sweets from the tea party.
Photobucket
Someone gots jokes!
In the end Assistant appeared and even said a sentence. Sorta anyway. That part was a bit weird. Assistant tried to explain why there were so many dogs in town and SURPRISE it had to do with the time traveling….wonderfulness. A little play on words there Grandfather? I like how the insanity was about to be explained…and Ms. Fairy was like nope don’t care. Too much crazy for me.
Photobucket
Maybe this show will find sanity soon. XD
So I think that is about it? Sums up how special and insane this show really is. Oh wait there are more episodes that will be out of order and make no sense? Amazing. Why are humans declining again? And why did human evolution take a turn to the creepy and small size?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 2nd Assistant is her Grandpa!! Remember the faerie did say they send her back tooo far one time. Also the watch, remember Grandpa said he "got" it from a beautiful lady?! Yes, that apparently is Ms. Fairy. Thus the time loops and "Time Paradogs". The watch was meant to be stolen by young Grandpa and then give to Ms. Fairy and then get stolen again-----a loop.

Also, if you look closely, our Assistant (the original one) was in the forest the whole time Ms. Fairy (s) talk/describe him, thus he just take on the form/personality of her ideal Assistant. That’s why when Ms Fairy and our Assistant met at the end of the ep she feels like she “known him for a long time”.

Hope that explain something......Oh and Tenchi, do read our post, if you did you will be less confused and blog correctly.

Anonymous said...

I know this comment seems out of place for this episode review, but Ms. Fairy reminds of Megurine Luka.
Maybe it's the pink hair, somewhat mature/stoic attitude, and I'm listening to Luka's "Speed" song right now.

I know there are differences between the two, but imagining Luka in these strange situations and she would do makes the anime much more funnier to watch ;)

eternia said...

To me, this show is the highlight of current season. Instead of confused, I was grinning all the time from the witty plot twist that the writer had presented to us. Just like what anonymous said, you should have read past comments, or, think harder.
:-)
You are not the only blogger who make a mistake, though. I remember reading it somewhere else. Someone complained why is it the quiet and docile assistant could be that perverted in the past.
The concrete proof is when Grandpa laughed at watashi, said something like "What's with the memory disorder? Are you going senile?"
Watashi jabbed back "I said that right back at you! You didn't get it as present. You snatched it from the beautiful lady!"
Or something like that. I am too lazy to replay the video that I have watched one week ago to find out the exact sentence.
XD
The dogs are also a really witty joke / troll, just like the faires, whose real purpose of their existence is just to troll watashi. Every time a time paradox occurs, such as when watashi met herself, or when the watch became an object of no origin; in order to preserve the time - space continuum, the universe discarded the paradox are discarded and it turned into paradogs.

The slow / indifferent reactions of watashi are also always fun to watch. Normally you would slap a damned brat who grabbed your boobs without permission. He even asked for sex (?).

Christina said...

Sorry these comments never showed up in my email XD Craziness I swear.

Anonymous 1- X______X I am the most dense person in the world!!!! For some reason with this show my brain just melts from my head and I am confused about everything.

But now that I think about it...yeah it makes total sense. I thought it was just a messed up time loop and she went back a few minutes too early thus actually meeting Assistant. Nopers we were talking about years.

So yes everything makes sense now. Well as much as this show can make sense. It doesn't really explain why a great deal of Ms. Fairys didn't have a watch though in the forest when it should just be one. X___X

Anonymous 2- I wonder how many other animes would become even more interesting if you imagined different characters in their place. Although...this show is already special enough for me. I think. The parts I understand anyway.

Eternia- PSHT! Reading comments when they are written? That is crazy talk. I mean...what fun is it if I knew what was going on because people educated me on the matter? SILLINESS. XD

But yeah my brain was broken. I was like...why would Assistant have different hair. Yes clothes and manners, maybe he is trying out a different personality. But hair? Yeah silliness. Although I am slightly disturbed that Grandpa hit on his Granddaughter.

Anonymous said...

I know, right?
The moment you realized it was her Grandpa touching her boobs. X__X, yea, I know......

Christina said...

Anonymous- :( My poor mind. It needs to be scrubbed. So clearly Grandpa does not remember who he got the watch from very well or else he would be more embarrassed around Ms. Fairy. Just...gross.