Friday, August 24, 2012

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita episode 7: Groundhogs Day, only scarier!

I am a very sleepy Tenchi. Again I have been side tracked by a lot of things. XD Seems that the husband left town and I am lying in bed just doing silly things, like rereading my “fanfic” that I wrote a long time ago. Seems like that wouldn’t eat up a lot of time but….lets just say fanfic is probably the wrong term to use. More like….an epic story that I never thought would end. XD I still have ideas for it from time to time but this blog takes up a lot my free time. With the husband gone I am taking the time to reread all the wonderful stories and characters I created over the years. X__X Almost like I am reconnecting with old friends.
Photobucket
I am sure this will all make sense...
But since my attention is currently on reviewing anime and not creating my own stories now…time to blog stuff! Up now is an anime I put on the back burner for a bit because quite frankly it scares me. Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita episode 7. Spoilers for nothing making any sense.
Photobucket
The face of the future....yay!
Episode Summary: Ms. Fairy is feeding a bunch of fairies who complain there need to be more humans to make sweets. Since humanity started to decline there have been less humans to make sweets and their efforts have to focused on other areas. The fairies mention something about cloning but Ms. Fairy says that is immoral. She briefly sees a dog….morph into a human and then back to a dog but she passes that off as…nothing. Ms. Fairy goes to see her Grandfather who informs her that she needs to pick up his Assistant. She notices her watch is broken so Grandfather gives her the most ancient watch in the history of telling time. She asks him about it and Grandfather gives tiny clues about a woman who gave it to him a long time ago. She seems curious but goes on her way. As Ms. Fairy goes to the meeting point to find the Assistant a fairy stops and give her a tasteless banana. She keeps on going but runs into her Grandfather…who is now riding a chariot. He is upset that she is late picking up the Assistant but tells her about his chariot. She finally makes it to town where the Doctor explains that Assistant has run away. Ms. Fairy goes in the woods to look for him but runs across…herself. She doesn’t recognize herself and they look for Assistant. They find an oven in the woods and Ms. Fairy slips on a banana peel. She finds herself repeating these events over and over and over again. There are slight variations with the watch disappearing sometimes and the banana tasting good. The amount of Ms. Fairies in the woods increase and over time an army of them begin to make sweets. Each Ms. Fairy tries to figure out what is going on each time but is soon trapped in…happy land. In one time loop Ms. Fairy learns that Assistant was found alone in the world and no one was able to teach him how to talk. Yet the boy wanted to learn about himself. Touched Ms. Fairy tries to find him and even hunts down the fairies to find out what they want. After another reset Ms. Fairy walks back to town with Grandfather. Well more like rides home in the chariot. When they reach the village they find it overrun by dogs. Petting one of the dogs is…Assistant?! THE END!
Photobucket
You saw nothing!!
What…what did I just watch? I know I haven’t been on point when watching this show lately. And that maybe if I watched episode 8 right now it would make more sense. But really people. REALLY! It is bad enough this show makes no sense. But to factor in the episodes not being shown in order and that people have no names AND people rarely are concerned about what is going on… I really have no idea what is going on. Truly I don’t.
Photobucket
Maybe episode 8 will make more sense...
So how do I blog something I don’t understand? That is a good question. You will forgive me if things seem special. Because how can they not after an episode like this. Hopefully you can follow along because….well it is what it is.
Photobucket
I see....
Grandpa and his chariot. Special. Guess everyone isn’t going to turn in 3 years worth of vouchers to get a car. Because you know how many chariots are laying around now so they can lay around further in the far future. Just one more special dig in the insanity of the episode.
Photobucket
Just poof?! Poofing is fun. XD
I do wonder if the watch is important though. Some Ms. Fairies were wearing the watch while others were not. Near the end almost all the Ms. Fairies were not wearing watches and they seemed scared of what was going on. So….is something up with the watches? Were they hurting the fairies in their….whatever attempts to clone people/use past people? Magical watch indeed.
Photobucket
Important watch is important?
I also thought the watch was important because Grandfather was acting odd about it. Like oh here is a watch and let me tell you a bit of back story about it. Ms. Fairy appeared interested about it. Maybe even curious. ;) So if Ms. Fairy was curious I was like okay why is this watch important? The fairies were talking about it (right) messing with the consistencies of happy land and Ms. Fairy wanted to know about it. Seems important to me.
Photobucket
Good thing I hate bananas!
Of course the banana was important. The banana appeared to be the key in trapping Ms. Fairy in the past. I don’t think she was getting cloned. It was just keeping a version of Ms. Fairy in this place while the current Ms. Fairy would go through the events again until it was banana peel slipping time. So…is this a the prototype for the chicken factory? Their first experiment in “fake” food? XO Why is the banana so magical?
Photobucket
Shouldn't you all be acting the same?
I think I would have liked the multiple Ms. Fairys better if they had all acted the same. At least how she would react to situations. Some of them were way too happy, too cheerful. I don’t think I care about her not recognizing herself but it would have been better had they acted like her. Hers trapped in this place, unaware of what is going on but still acting like herself. A modest girl indeed, giving herself such compliments.
Photobucket
Well that makes me sad. :(
Since this show is insane this episode is before all the other episodes. Because that makes sense. Assistant really is Assistant. The Hawaiian T-Shirt one. For some reason I thought maybe Ms. Fairy was looking for someone else as I thought Assistant was her Assistant. Guess not folks. Him being randomly lost was…well weird. But at least the Doctor was able to shine some light on the situation. Good thing there is a sad reason why he doesn’t talk. I just thought everyone was oblivious or something. I am glad that people not talking about the situation is actually supposed to happen.
Photobucket
Maybe the hint is bananas are gross and Ms. Fairy thought they tasted good! I figured it out yay!!!!
So what DID happen in this episode? I have no idea. The Fairies needed more people to make more sweets. Ms. Fairy talked about how few people could make sweets nowadays and I guess she was talking about herself. So…the Fairies did something to mess with the space time continuum by making Ms. Fairy repeat certain events and resetting them with banana peels, trapping a Ms. Fairy each time. For some reason the watch played a big part in…something. So I thought maybe the watch was messing with the Fairies plan and this was all just a plot to get more sweets.
Photobucket
I think the dog worries everyone. But since you are everyone...yeah.
But then what of the dog? Ms. Fairy kept hearing and seeing a dog and each time she made a point to say how odd it was. Then at the end the entire town is full of dogs and Assistant? Clearly this is not just a case of manufacturing sweets. Maybe instead of making bananas the Fairies should make their own sweets?
Photobucket
Ah it all makes sense......
This post was silly and short. But what else can I say? I watch episodes one at a time. With this anime that is a bad idea as the first episode in each arc is the confusing part and the second episode is the one that will make sense. As much as sense this series can be. Maybe I will stay awake after work tomorrow and find out what is going on with this show. Insanity obviously but something more yes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

X___X or O__o!!!

Yea, my face reaction every time I finish Jinrui, and I love every moment of WTF-ness. XD

Like RandomCuriosity, I’m thinking my way through every episode non-stop (if you smell smoke it’s because it’s coming out of my ears) and always walk away feeling as if my brain has just been to the gym for a bracing workout. I’m mentally tired afterwards – but it’s that good, “feel the burn” kind of tired.

Yes, you are correct. The fairies just use the time-loops to "make" more Ms. Fairies, who makes more sweets. Since Ms. Fairies said clone is a no-no.

Hint: the banana tasted better each time no?

The Fairies must have clearly taken the notion of the “time slip” quite literally, thus the banana peel. xD I agree w/ SeaSlugs, “They are called fairies. They look like leprechauns. They dress like elves. And they act like trolls”.

And yes, ep8 explain every WTF-ness in ep7, and brilliantly too.

Now, bring it on ep8!!!

eternia said...

This show keeps going backwards.
Which is kind of sad because I want to see her living pink hair kicks some ass. Too bad that scene is probably the ending.
>_>
But the good thing is, probably the end of the anime, every dots will be connected together, and every questions will be answered, for example : "Why is watashi favored by the trolls? I mean, fairies?"
^_^

Christina said...

Anonymous- After watching each episode I must have the look of...wtf on my face. Like I can't explain what I just saw and for some reason I just keep coming back for more.

If the fairies were making time loops for Ms. Fairy to make them sweets why did they allow Assistant to use this to his advantage too. Just so weird.

Sea Slug's description of the fairies is so spot on! Why didn't I see it before?! XO

Eternia- I think favored and cursed are the same word in this world. Poor Ms. Fairy. :(