Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hyouka episode 19

I think I blame my cat for me being super lazy. I mean…it is really hard to be productive when she is laying all over me with her cute little kitty face. Like no momma why go to the grocery store when you can sit here in bed with me and pet me. And then she makes sad little noises when I do get up to go get a drink of water or something. My cat being dependent on me makes me lazy. There I have someone to blame woohoo!!
Photobucket
XO Let's cosplay this.
So now that I am blaming my cat for all my problems…more anime blogging time! Up now is Hyouka episode 19. Spoilers for….Houtarou and Eru having a date that is either boring or interesting!
Photobucket
Oh snap there is a clue!!! XO
Episode Summary: Houtarou is walking around school and eventually makes it to class where he takes a quiz. He passes a news bulletin board that has articles on some sort of fire situation and counterfeit money. Houtarou talks about himself about things aren’t always the way he says they are while taking mad guesses on his quiz. After school Houtarou and Eru go up to the club room and are never joined by Satoshi or Mayaka. They are being a bit boring until Houtarou remembers about Uncle’s funeral. Eru seems okay to talk about it though and even wants Houtarou to light incense for her Uncle later. Eru smiles when she thinks about how amazing Houtarou is about solving mysteries. Houtarou tries denying he is not good at solving mysteries so Eru changes it to his theories are always right. Houtarou and Eru decide to have a contest to see who can go the longest without blushing and if Eru can make up a scenario in which Houtarou cannot create a correct scenario for. As Eru is thinking of a scenario a very brief announcement is made that a student who shopped at a certain store yesterday needs to report to someone’s office. Only it is much for formal and the wording sparks interest in both Houtarou and Eru. Eru picks that as her mystery and Houtarou sets to work. Houtarou decides he will really use some energy on this to prove Eru wrong and dissects every word in the announcement. One of the important elements are the announcement was only stated once implying there was something to hurry about and the shop mentioned was a place mostly elementary school kids shop at. Oh and the obvious someone is going to get yelled at but we must word it carefully so others won’t know what they are talking about. But why would someone willingly turn themselves in?
Photobucket
Must pick a part this entire sentence weee!
Eru points out that if the police are involved and there was a crime committed how did they know to go to this school? Why Houtarou says…because the person felt bad about what they did so they wrote a note stating they were sorry and felt bad DURING the crime so they looked suspicious. But if they were being watched how could they have gotten away with shop lifting? Well Houtarou states…they used a fake bill to pay for their goods and it wouldn’t be noticed until later. Eru, who blushes at the closeness she and Houtarou are experiencing……then rolls her eyes and starts glaring, stating that if this person had been given a bad bill they could turn it into the police. Because apparently in Japan, the land of cash, it is hard to pass fake bills. Houtarou is worried that he won’t be right so he starts thinking about it. OH! Someone older must have loaned him the money and when he was repaid he couldn’t point out the bill was fake. But still desiring his (or her, I don’t know) money he spends it at the small mom and pop store hoping the old people won’t notice. But then he felt bad and wrote a sorry note. Eru starts making faces, that this all can’t possibly make sense. After she has her freak out she realizes that Houtarou is probably right. But then neither can remember why they started talking about this to begin with. The next day Houtarou and his crazy hair reads a newspaper talking about someone being caught making fake money. Houtarou is like oh this sounds familiar…..THE END!
Photobucket
Way to slide that in there Houtarou! XD
So…if I were an anime character and not married to a real person..I think I would want to be married to Houtarou. Well…I think I would like that anyway. Doesn’t everyone dream of having super powers and being amazing? But if I had to just be me I would want to marry Houtarou. Because that is what people near their 30’s think about, marrying an anime character. I am insane.
Photobucket
But I only deserve amazing!
While I acknowledge that this show blows everything out of proportion and is silly most of the time…I think Houtarou might be the closest thing to a girl…ever. Before anyone gets bent out of shape let me explain. Girls in general, not all of them, tend to….read between the lines better than guys. Over analyze things if you will. We have to see what each word means and add in meanings beyond the words. I try to explain that to my husband but he tells me his words just mean their basic definition and he doesn’t mean to imply anything other than that. A LIKELY STORY! While what Houtarou does is not exactly the same thing I think….he understands the art of dissecting sentences and what not. Thus I will marry him in my crazy delusions.
Photobucket
Houtarou? Using energy? Is he still an alien?!
This episode only featured two characters yet it didn’t seem boring at all. Most anime shows are filled with colorful, over the top characters. While the reluctant hero and the ditzy main girl isn’t anything new I can’t remember the last time I just saw…them. Without a cast around them to make things interesting. Does that make sense? Just two people the entire episode yet it never dragged on or felt boring. Is that tough to do nowadays when people expect a huge cast and tons of back and forth dialogue with many individuals?
Photobucket
AWWWW aren't we cute?!
Eru and Houtarou….were basically on a date in this episode. And at times I felt as if I was watching foreplay. XD Like oh look at all the blushy faces, almost touches, and shy glances. Like aw look how cute they are not saying what they want to say and getting all frustrated with each other. Good thing that Satoshi and Mayaka weren’t there to ruin things. I think Mayaka is still crying over the school festival though…
Photobucket
Eru not being serious for once? Hilarious!
I think the very best part of the episode was Eru and her silly faces. I mean Eru makes silly faces all the time with her eyes. Usually when she is curious and wants to get her way with Houtarou. But today….she was frustrated and it was hilarious. She kept thinking that Houtarou was half assing this…contest and was getting slightly pissed. Some minor glaring and eye rolling going on. Houtarou was like wft go back to being cute. I found it funny anyway….XD
Photobucket
And you did such a good of that...X___X.
Oh yes the bet. The bet that by the end of the episode they forgot even happened. I think Houtarou was trying way too hard though. Even if that gave me funny Eru faces. See he was actually trying to come up with a good theory and by the end of it he forgot he was trying to come up with something that wasn’t right. He should have….well I am not sure what he should have tried to do because Eru was thinking he wasn’t trying hard enough when he was. XD Poor Houtarou. He forgot about the real goal and proved Eru right. But since Eru forgot about the bet it really, really doesn’t matter. XD
Photobucket
Oh snap it's mystery time!!!
So what the mystery about this week? An announcement during school. SHOCKING! Yes….this show does take the most basic and boring things possible and turns it into something interesting. Well sorta interesting anyway. Interesting to watch. To give Houtarou and Eru credit that message DID sound a bit cryptic. Someone who shopped at this store yesterday come see me NOW!
Photobucket
Houtarou playing with his hair means it is time to get serious.
But that message was more than that right? Because Houtarou went through every single line of that message and dissected. Like a girl. XD The message was not repeated twice like usual, the word yesterday was not used when it was more appropriate to use, and no description of the person was given. Very few words were given in this message yet Houtarou cut them all opened and gave out theory after theories.
Photobucket
Houtarou's explanations usually involve crazy pictures.
Part of me was hoping that Houtarou was going to be wrong just so he could be right. If that makes sense. But since we all know that Houtarou is amazing it would make more sense to root for Eru so Houtarou can acknowledge he is a genius and we all can move on. Insisting that you aren’t good at something when clearly you…wait didn’t we already have that conversation with Irisu?
Photobucket
I so want to play a game like that now. XD
But Houtarou could have been wrong. I did think it had something to do with petty theft and it could have been that. Maybe a rookie police officer did things a bit off the cuff and didn’t make absolute sense. Houtarou thinks in a way that makes sense but sometimes people cannot be predicted. But when that theory was chipped away I thought maybe something of value was lost. Or maybe the student in question witnessed a crime, something to do with the smaller kids yet people wanted to keep it under wraps.
Photobucket
X__X Who is loaning out 100 bills to friends?
But since Houtarou IS right aways…his theory was right. While I did see the newspaper article on the counterfeit bills I also saw the one about fires. So I didn’t think that detail matters. Because I am not Houtarou and I can’t pick out exactly which details are the most important. Things like borrowing money and a junior accepting repayment from a senior…those are things that Houtarou can say to make his theory make sense. Write a letter to apologize, being unable to turn in the fake bill because he would get a friend in trouble, and why things were kept hush hush…almost way too much for my brain to understand.
Photobucket
It seems as if Eru has forgotten the point too. XD
The point is Houtarou figured it out because he is amazing and is a good guesser. I think he might have proven his point and Eru point now that I think about it. Houtarou pulls in all these facts to back up his theory. If he did that with a wrong theory it would still sound pretty solid. So….now I am confused about this whole post. X___X What was I trying to say folks? Is Houtarou a genius or is he lucky? Like he doesn’t have to be right all the time but the way he could be wrong would be just as intelligent? Get what I’m saying? Or have I completely lost my mind?
Photobucket
Houtarou's hair is so amazing! XD Cute.
Well…since Houtarou hasn’t been wrong yet I will just assume he is always right. This episode was a cute little mystery date between Houtarou and Eru. I really thought this series was going to be about finding Eru’s Uncle but since he had his funeral already and it was barely mentioned…I am doubting it. Still fun to watch though yes?

No comments: