Sunday, January 31, 2010

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17

......Did they seriously make an episode about Tsuduri?

Are you serious?

Photobucket

Does there have to be an episode about me?

This post will be short. Very short.




I am feeling generous so I will write an episode synopsis for this post. Are you ready to be amazed?

Tsuduri (is that the correct spelling?) is working too hard both at her school job and duties at AntiSkill. She fails to patrol the streets correctly and help people out with their problems. Aiho and Komoe tell her she needs to have more joy/energy in life. Tsuduri befriends a boy over some old video game. Said boy plays one game with Tsuduri and moves away to go to a gaming school. Nothing else changes for Tsuduri but she seems happy. The end.

Photobucket

I think this might have been the only potential important piece of information in the whole episode. :(

Are we feeling amazed yet? Goodness knows I am. I watched this episode at my mom's house and she asked if I was having fun. The answer was no. My mom already thinks anime is a waste of time. My lack of enthusiasm for this episode did nothing to change her mind.

Why does this series insist on giving every single character a pity episode? Do they not realize that there isn't that much time left until the end of the series/season? Why are we wasting time on such boring side characters?

Photobucket

What...what have you done to her?!

And putting aside the fact that Tsuduri is boring as mud why did they have to go and destroy Aiho's image as well? :( A lush that can't wait for work to end so she can have some more booze? My heart is broken, be careful to not step on its many pieces.

But the main point of this episode was to show how overworked and unqualified Tsuduri is in everything she does. Perhaps things would have been better had AntiSkills been doing more than picking on kids at arcades. But yes, life is tough when you get paid to do a job and you totally suck at it. Brb finding my violin.

I wonder what all these businesses think about this strict curfew. It wasn't even close to being dark yet. And unless there is a parade of robed wolves running around killing the citizens of this city I think it's okay if kids stay out after 7. I am sure it stops crime but it punishes the good kids. And hurts local businesses if 80 percent of their population isn't allowed out after 6.

Photobucket

I sense there was fun so I am here to break it up.

Also my dear AntiSkills, maybe if you spent a little more time making sure people weren't getting beat up and less time bossing kids around BEFORE they broke any rules, the city would be a lot safer. That and the criminals almost never wear uniforms. Thugs are easily identifiable with their leather jackets and ugly faces. No need to pick on the good kids. Heck they can't even find the BAD school kids. Oh also you are AntiSkill. Please be fighting crime and defending the city and stop telling kids they need to go home early on their summer break.

Do we have to talk about Tsuduri now? I guess we do. She sucks. She sucked when she was protecting Misaka from the demon fetus and she sucks at the boring job of patrolling the streets of Academy City. I am shocked and amazed. To be far I think it is a bit tedious to go from work to another job to the baths to dinner to taking home your drunk boss. If my life was the same every single day I might lose my mind too. And become a little uninterested in life. That and if I knew I kinda sucked at my job it would make me a little sad every time I am reminded that I suck.

Photobucket

The friend of the week didn't even get their 15 minutes of fame. :(

That being said….her one happy moment is playing a 3 minute game with a kid that she and Aiho were both rude to? Yeah that is a little pathetic. And slightly useless since the kid then moves away to make video games. So now Tsuduri is back to square one having nothing to look forward to and still sucking at life. Except now we are supposed to better appreciate her? Only I don’t.

Photobucket

Even Index cannot save this episode.

The only thing good about this episode was the cameos made by Index and Asia. The rest is a serious bore and can definitely be skipped. This is me being disappointed and sad. :( Please be better next week okay? Or at least talk about boobies so I have something to rage about.




No comments: