Sunday, January 24, 2010

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 16

I’m not quite sure but last week seems like it happened forever ago. When I thought to myself that today was a To Aru Kagaku no Railgun day I had to really think about what last week’s episode was about. At first I drew a blank. X_X I couldn’t remember what the new mini plot covered last week.

Photobucket

What? I swear I was paying attention!

Is that a sign that I am getting old/my mind had a crazy moment or that the plot didn’t leave a lasting impression on me?

Either way I finally remembered without having to cheat and look at last week’s blog entry. Let’s see if this week will be more memorable.





Photobucket

If I was alive does that make me dead now?

Kuroko and Misaka watch as Konori mangles her sentences and announces to Kurozuma that he was alive all this time. I know what she meant and everyone watching knows what she meant but it still had me laughing. Because I am awesome that way. Or rude. One of the two. Because I never mix up my words or make unclear sentences.

Photobucket

*gasps* Don't stare at my ribbon!

Anyway Konori does her why didn’t you call me to tell me you were okay thing and dramatically covers up her Judgment ribbon. Kurozuma plays the bad boy and walks away. Because he is the bad boy with the leather jacket on of course. Carrying a carton of milk.

Photobucket

WTF are you doing?...X_X

Kuroko and Misaka tell Uiharu and Saten the dirt later. Well I mean Misaka. Kuroko does nothing to explain to the girls that the Kurozuma Konori is interested in isn’t the one picking on girls. She instead decides to talk about love and stuff. That’s nice but it wouldn’t have killed the mood to let your friends know that the person they look up to isn’t in love with someone beating up espers. Give Saten a bone please; she is living her life through you guys! :(

Photobucket

Keep yo mouth shut crazy lady.

So after Saten says something that makes more sense (Saten’s nonability is the ability to make sense) the girls decide that they need to solve the esper hunting problem and Konori isn’t picking up her phone. They walk over to her apartment and her roommate is there and is eager to spill the dirt on the situation. Remind me to not get a roommate that tells complete strangers parts of my past I rather keep in my past.

Photobucket

Look at her being wild and wearing red!

Said roommate tells the junior girls the sordid past of Konori when she was in junior high (two whole years ago). Hold onto your butts people! …Or not really. Konori and her slightly less chested self felt out of place because she was only level 2 (Saten is glaring in her general direction) and couldn’t find a home in Academy City. While walking home one day a bunch of hooligans were beating up another gang of hooligans. But since the first group was defending a little boy (for some unexplained reason) Konori decides that she wants to join this gang, the Skillouts/Big Spider people. Kurozuma was their leader and Konori liked him so much she bought a red jacket and wrote their love on a tree…..pole.

Photobucket

You tell them Saten!

The girls leave the talkative roommate feeling as if they understand the situation better. Misaka is bitter because she put Konori on this high pedestal (more like anyone who is the boss of Kuroko deserves praise) and thinks that Konori should have been above joining a gang. Misaka continues to be sad as the episode goes on and Konori doesn’t show up to work. Even though Misaka seems to be the more mature one of the junior high girls she really doesn’t take the time to understand how different people can be different! Shocking I know.

Photobucket

Respect my authority NOW!

Konori and the fake Kurozuma deal with Kurozuma’s in different ways. Fake Kurozuma is seen taking a phone call from the person who gave him the ability stopping ugly van of doom. Apparently whoever gave it to him is not having a great day. Fake Kurozuma’s men start to doubt in his ability to lead them into battle but he tries to mend fences by pulling guns on people and threatening to blow their brains out. That makes me want to work hard for a person woot!

Photobucket

I love you despite the fact I am jail bait (wait this is Japan...)

Konori decides to handle her pain/confusion in a way that doesn’t involving killing people. She dramatically forgets to put on her Judgment ribbon and goes to the top of the building in the middle of Bad Kid Hangout. Misaka joins her and a brief retelling of Konori’s past takes place. Konori explains that she tried to belong to Big Spider and make it her home but when she wouldn’t support Kurozuma going on a suicide mission (for what we don’t know…..which made the episode kinda weak) Kurozuma told her to leave the group. You know, in the way someone tells the other person they should leave before they get hurt kinda way, not the rude kind.

Photobucket

Look at me and my awesome ribbon!

The girls learn that AntiSkill is actually going to do their job and protect people. Shocking I know! The girls worry about this plan but Kuroko is the voice of reason for Misaka. Also terrible. Konori was going to put on her red jacket (that won’t fit over her giant boobies!!!) without her Judgment ribbon but Misaka and Kuroko show up to show her she can be Konori and be in Judgment at the same time. Uiharu does not show up because she is useless.

Photobucket

Behold my tattoo! The source of my power!

So the girls show up just in time to help the real Kurozuma beat up the rest of the Big Spider people and the fake Kurozuma. The real Kurozuma mentions being in an institution and I wonder if he got an ability at that place the way he was throwing people around like it was nothing. The fake Kurozuma never explains why he was acting like a jerk the entire time and why he was going after espers. I get that he wanted to kill Kurozuma because it would prove he was a huge phony (because no one was left that knew what he looked like? Weird) but the real plot of hunting down espers wasn’t explained what with all the punching and kicking.

Photobucket

Eyes are up here honey.

The episode ends with a boob joke and Konori arresting her once love interest. Or maybe current love interest. If she hadn’t arrested him I would be crying FOUL that is so typical. So I can’t really rag on her for doing her job and having a sense of justice. I will just rag on the fact that she felt so out of place despite having an ability. Sucks to be her.

Photobucket

2 seconds of main plot WOOHOO!

This two episode plot existed to bring the main plot to light (someone hiring thugs to do their dirty work) in a subtle way. Also to make sure Konori got her 15 seconds of screen time before she goes back to being unimportant. So now we shall get into the meat of the second season yes?




No comments: