Monday, January 11, 2010

Reasons why Daybreakers is better than Twilight

Today I actually went to the movies, paid for a ticket, and watched the movie in a theater. I know, quite shocking since the last time I went to the movies was in October! Is the world coming to an end or something?

My reasoning behind actually going to the movies was 1) the husband wanted to see the movie and B) it was Daybreakers. I figured a movie about vampires might require some actual darkness since it’s not Twilight. And I am slightly tired of watching movies online and not being able to see anything in the extreme darkness.

Turns out that Daybreakers doesn’t get as dark as I thought it would (not compared to Halloween and The Bone Collector, not being able to see anything) but it was still fun to go to the movies.

Instead of posting a movie review I decided that I would compare Daybreakers to Twilight. Because I like Twilight bashing and I like lists. The best of both worlds. So there will be some spoilers for Daybreakers and Twilight bashing (general bashing I think as I don’t have a wealth of knowledge about that movie). This post was also made with 50 percent less sparkles. Be grateful.

Onto Reasons why Daybreakers is better than Twilight





-It wasn’t Twilight.

-No whiny teenage girl going on and on about whiny teenage girl things.

-Emo vampire is emo because of being forced into vampirism, lack of blood for the future, and the near destruction of the human race, not because of some equally emo human girl.

-There are no sparkles.

-While the vampires in Daybreakers were….pretty weak they make up for their lack of powers with guns. Lots of violence. And cigarettes.

-90 percent less trees makes for a creepier atmosphere.

-There is an actual PROBLEM.

-Point of the movie was to show how precious humanity was/is and how immortality comes with a serious price.

-Ugly vampires, normal vampires. None of this AND EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL crap.

-No annoying teenage girls in the theater screaming at the screen trying to lick Edward’s nipples.

-The second stage of vampires is scary. And have no sparkles.

-The ANIMALS were vampires. How awesome is that?! XD

-There is an explanation on why there are vampires. If there is one in Twilight…I don’t care. It doesn’t count.

This list was actually kinda hard to create since I have never seen Twilight….but that doesn’t stop me from hating it. XD

Also, as a side note, at points in the movie Daybreakers wasn’t that great either. There isn’t ONE cure in the movie but TWO…so that is slightly stupid. And the humans should have just waited out the rest of the vampires turning 2nd stage so they could be a little safer (second stagers only coming out at night and also will eat each other). But this movie does do a good job of showing why most vampire movies stick to the vampires staying small in numbers and living in the shadows. The second you turn one stupid human your entire plan goes to crazy town and you are starving in 9 years.

But despite the short comings Daybreakers is better than Twilight by 6897 percent. Every day of the week. So stop being disillusioned Twilight girls and see what some real vampires look like. With 75 percent less hair product.



1 comment:

Molly said...

Daybreakers was amazing. First movie about vampires that I actually adore.