Sunday, January 10, 2010

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14

….Well then.

This episode was still better than boobiegate.

Then again there was nowhere to go but up….

Photobucket

No, punishment was last episode......

I am going to be harsh with this episode. Because I must. Because I am an honest person. And this episode made my eyes roll so hard they near popped out of my head. Does surgery exist to repair that kind of damage?! I don’t have insurance so the makers of this episode better pay my hospital bills!





Photobucket

Hey I didn't say it...

This entire episode was about Saten and I wasn’t happy. That makes me very unhappy. :( I love my Saten very much and I want to only associate happiness with my lovely Saten. But despite the…specialness of this episode at least Saten was the glimmer of hope at the end.

Photobucket

I totally go to festivals for the free swag.

Uiharu, Misaka, and Kuroko try to plan what they are going do on their day off. Days off in Japan really mean something to school kids. They don’t seem to hang out after school as much as it is not encouraged over there and most schools require attendance on Saturdays. So between club activities and homework getting time off is actually important to these kids! They can’t just waste the day away, they must make the most of all their free time. Which….they don’t in this case which makes it so sad. And Kuroko’s fault.

Photobucket

Schools are very serious business.

During the girl’s boring fest Uiharu mentions that Saten is not there because she has to take a special class. That is must be a big deal and how awesome this class is. Okay maybe the girls didn’t refer to it as awesome but the word special was used. Why am I agreeing with Kuroko on this matter?

Photobucket

If you put special in front of anything it makes the situation less sucky!

It turns out this special class that has students all over the city coming to take means….15 kids. Or less. Not this epic number of people. And when the real reason for this class is revealed (like two whole seconds later) this class should have been huge. Like 10k kinda huge.

Photobucket

Just look at ALL the Level Upper users.

This class is for the Level Upper users. They have all woken up from their comas and are ready for their punishment. I mean CLASS. This is a class to teach these non ability users how to have an ability. Which means they are going to be taught….personal reality and run 5867 laps. This class sounds necessary to have on someone’s day off from school. Very important stuff.

Photobucket

I'm not touching this random storyline with a ten foot pole.

I think it would have been better if the entire school (Touma’s school I believe) had all the classes filled with all the Level Uppers. None of this empty seat one classroom nonsense. They made a big deal about how many human minds it needed to make this network so I want to see lots of nameless faces in multiple classes as Saten and her school friends make it to their classroom. I don’t think just showing the few faces of the “villains” in the classroom with Saten was enough for me to be impressed.

Photobucket

People sure have learned their lesson...

So putting aside that the class was super lame and it appears that the material was already covered….no one was really listening. I have no sympathy to any of their causes now. If you have no ability and you don’t do anything to better your situation then….stop complaining about your situation. You are all a bunch of lazy kids and that is the real reason you don’t have powers. The people who have powers either work hard for them…or were lucky enough to try as hard/be born with them. But since you can’t put any effort into bettering yourself then you deserve to be level zeros.

Photobucket

Less doodling and more paying attention!

Even my beloved Saten put little effort into the class portion of the day. :( If someone is teaching you how to have an ability and you WANT an ability wouldn’t you take notes? Yes I realize that the information being given is the exact information you already have been taught in class and told by Uiharu but still. SOMETHING HAS TO SINK IN! Without this important piece of information you are never going to have an ability! It’s not enough just to want something, you have to put a little bit of effort into it.

Photobucket

Walking in defeated is never helpful.

Don’t even get me started on the personal reality situation/idea. The more they talk about it the more I find myself confused. It seems like a really, REALLY simple concept to me but all these kids act like it’s so complicated. So if I try to discuss it I will only confuse myself and then I will be in the same boat as these crazy people.

Photobucket

Keep going Saten!

The running outside exercise made sense to me. And again I feel sad that those kids didn’t put forth the effort or realize what the point of the exercise was. Even after being explained the purpose by the AntiSkill member no one got up and kept on going. Only the….slightly overweight boy, the person you would think would be out first, kept running. I wonder if they all felt bad that they were being lapped by a person who probably had less physical strength than them. But it was just a sad situation that they were told how to get an ability, to push yourself to your limits, and they all still sat on the ground and complained about the situation later. WAY TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE LESSONS!

Photobucket

Punch her in the face!

In the end it sorta felt like Saten got it. She wasn’t really taking notes and her level didn’t go up at all but she understood what the lesson was supposed to teach her anyway. It makes me sad that she and the running boy didn’t go up in stats even though they tried to put forth the effort. But sometimes that happens in life, you try as hard as you can and you still aren’t the best. In situations like that you should just try hard to feel good about yourself and know that you put your all into the situation.

Because I believe in sappy stuff like that.

Photobucket

....My poor Saten.

So at the end of the day this episode wasn’t really necessary. None of the Level Uppers learned their lesson, how to increase their level, or learned what Personal Reality was. …Except maybe for Saten and the running boy. So at the end of the day was it really worth it?

Photobucket

I guess gaining faith in yourself is never a waste of time.

I wish Saten had gotten a power. But this episode was really to sum up the plot points of the first half of the season. Now we can move on and see the girls get hurt in new and exciting ways. Plus this episode was about Saten which makes me happy. I should focus on that and not how all the kids learned nothing.

Onward to the future!




No comments: