Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year. Or that you were able to locate your house after waking up from a long night of partying. Nothing is more awesome than laughing at a co-worker who has no idea how to get home from a random person's house.

But I do hope you got to spend the day/night with people you at least marginally care for and ate food that was reasonably delicious. Having someone to kiss is just a bonus.

Now every New Years it is tradition to blow up some fireworks, have a toast, and watch that humongous ball drop in Times Square. Another tradition that most people take part of (and give up 2 months into the year) is that of making a New Year's resolution. Because we can't make promises to change/be better people/improve our lives in the middle of the year. That would be crazy talk.

So I shall take part of in this time honored tradition and list what resolutions I am setting for myself this year. And yes I said resolutions. I can never pick just one thing!




My first resolution is to save more money. Since getting this job I have gotten very use to buying fun stuff here and there. Before this job I wouldn't roam the mall looking for treasures or snag things unless they were seriously on sale. But now I can buy mangas AT THE STORE and not wait for them to be super on sale at a convention. I can buy that overpriced shirt at Hot Topic/Sears. I can eat out more often and not totally kill my budget.

But this year will be different. One because I am tired of being a greedy little piggy and I need to appreciate all the nice useless treasure I have now. Plus the economy is bad blah blah saving money is smart blah blah. That and going shopping with people who can't afford to waste their monies on everything with HK splattered on it makes me feel guilty and I don't want to go shopping alone.

But the second and most important reason is because I need to funds for the GREATEST TRIP EVER. Operation Tenchi is going to Japan 2011 is a bit of a mouthful but I like it. And it's true. I am going to Japan with my husband in the year 2011. Japan or bust. People who know my awesome money saving skills might be scoffing at me but this is my master plan. I am going to Japan before I am too old to pull off being a teenager at Sanrio Puroland. I am going to Japan before I become a scary old otaku. And I am going to Japan before my husband is too old to carry my metric ton of souvenirs all around Japan.

So....I guess I am not really stopping my greedy pigness and just holding off my spending until a certain three weeks in 2011. Which is fine for me. Every time I see something that is remotely cute at the store I will think to myself NO. That item equals one meal in Japan I shall resist! This resolution will be hard but I have to keep to this goal. Without money there will be no Japan trip. Steady the course.

My second resolution isn't as grand or important to me but maybe it should be. I have a lofty goal of getting into shape. I may be relatively small but I am terribly out of shape. Perhaps being able to lift more than 20 pounds or climbing one flight of stairs without becoming winded would be nice. Also if I am going to travel around Japan, the land of a lot of walking, it would be nice to be able to do all that walking.

Really I should get in shape and stop eating fast food so I can be a healthy person and not another American statistic. But as long as the goal gets do who cares what my reason right?

So I think that I shall stick to two goals due to the fact that getting anything done on time for me is hard enough as it is. Not spending money may be rough but I will try to focus on the big picture. And getting in shape for me might just mean walking the stairs a few times a week. XD

Oh and I guess I could stop judging people so harshly.....but I won't beat myself up if that never happens. HAPPY NEWS YEARS EVERYONE! I hope everyone who makes a goal/resolution makes a reasonable goal so failure isn't inevitable. Let's start this new year out right and try to be the best people we can be!



No comments: