Friday, January 15, 2010

Ookami Kakushi Episode Two

Today my mother's close friend died. She was a very sweet woman and had a very positive outlook on life. She leaves behind a huge family and tons of friends that will miss her. I think the only thing that is keeping my mom from crying every single moment is the thought that her friend is now in heaven and pain free.

I usually open up my anime episode posts with a happier/snarkier note. And I had planned on doing so today. But I couldn't bring myself to put on a fake smile and talk about something nonsensical when something truly sad touched my mother today. Of course blogging anime when my mother is so sad is nonsensical itself but my mother is asleep now and sometimes you need something to take your mind off the sadness.

But this woman was truly a special person who left those she loved way before her time.

I won't apologize for bringing down the mood in my own blog post. I say what is on my mind and heart. I will miss this wonderful woman and I will continue to pray for her family during this rough time. Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you could please pray/send your positive thoughts to her family as well.

Spoilers for Ookami Kakushi episode two behind the cut.



I have no idea what is going on with this series.

It’s still up in the air whether or not that is a good thing. I will need a few more episodes under my belt to get a good feel about this show. Or to decide if the confusion is the good kind. Also I need a belt.

Photobucket

Note to self: Don't go missing in this town.

Hiroshi and Kaname are slightly worried about their classmate’s sudden disappearance. Perhaps what is most alarming is the fact that none of their other classmates care or find it odd. Isuzu shows a little hostility when Hiroshi tries to bring up the fact that everyone is acting odd. But then Isuzu turns on her odd (or normal) behavior and Hiroshi and Kaname are left to themselves to wonder what kind of crazy town they live in.

Photobucket

Only I can bother Hiroshi!

Nemuru is not pleased with the class still bothering Hiroshi. One would think the sudden demise….disappearance of their classmate, the classmate that was bothering Hiroshi the most, would make the other kids a little scared of Nemuru’s wrath. But that is not the case and everyone still pesters Hiroshi. Until Nemuru enters the room. Then everyone scatters and Hiroshi wants to know why his dad picked this crazy place to live.

Photobucket

Call me crazy but it looks like Nemuru cares for Isuzu...X_x. What is going on here?!

Isuzu is the only one who openly defies Nemuru even if it is only for a few minutes. Later the two are seen screaming but whoever made this series really hates my soul. Their fight is put on mute and we can only see the anger on the girls faces. Clearly the ending of the show is being discussed and we are not allowed to know this awesome information yet. Only the Isuzu swears she will protect Hiroshi and that Nemuru is warning her to do something. This is meant to confuse the viewer. We all think Isuzu is the scary villain and Nemuru is the one protecting Hiroshi. But since that is too obvious Isuzu must be the good guy and Nemuru is the evil one. But that would what everyone is thinking so the twist will be that BOTH girls are good and Hiroshi is the bad guy.

I have no idea what is going on. So I wished I could have heard that fight. But Isuzu is still annoying.

Photobucket

Everyone in this series is a freak.

We are introduced to Issei, Isuzu’s older brother. He seems the typical older brother type. Not really sure what I meant with that since the typical older brother type likes to taunt the younger sister and scare off potential love interests. I suppose that he is playing the I am pretending to be perfect but really I am a crazy wolf who wants to eat your son. Or rape him. Seriously the preview for next week is X_X.

Photobucket

Thanks for telling us stuff about our town from our town's history book. So informative.

Issei and Kaname are interested in Hiroshi’s father because he is apparently some occult teacher and they are both interested in learning about the wolf legend of the town. Because Issei doesn’t know more than someone who just moved to town and Kaname just arrived off the bus and had no time in the last X amount of months to research the subject herself. We all know that Issei knows what is going on in the town so he has to feign ignorance. The thing I am interested in is why Issei wanted to meet Hiroshi’s dad. He must be after something if he is willing to listen and lie like that. Kaname is just dumb. Cute but dumb.

Photobucket

But what about the wolves?!

The town is celebrating its orange festival of not orangeness. Instead of learning about the legends of the town, something that might keep Hiroshi safe, he lets Isuzu teach him some silly game. Okay maybe it is a fun tradition but not what Hiroshi should be doing when he is in a new town with crazy people. What he needs to learn is where the nearest silver bullet store is.

Photobucket

Pay not attention to that part of town!

The issue of not going to the older part of town is mentioned again and again I wonder what is going on. Give a girl a clue okay! This looks like it might be a 13 episode long series so I don’t want to waste time with pointless details.

Photobucket

Wolves killing wolves?

The end of the episode was rather good though. A young girl runs through the town much like Hiroshi’s dead classmate. The wolves chase her and the head wolf girl (or so I think) makes a comment about the girl being a lost wolf before she hacks her head off. A drunken boy is then shown being drunk and angry over the fact his girlfriend is dead. Vengeance is on his mind!

But I doubt it will come next week. As Hiroshi is too busy being molested….




No comments: