Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Kobato Episode 12

Kobato! How dare you take a week off and leave me alone on Wednesday! After all I had to work a grueling 2 days last week! I needed you to comfort me in my time of need!

Photobucket

No sleeping on the job! Come and entertain me!

But….since almost the entire episode was manga plot related I shall forgive you. This time. No more vacations. Be like Wal-Mart and work every single day of the week!





There was very little Kobato in this episode which is a bit sad. Maybe that is why she was wearing the same outfit she has been wearing for like 3 episodes now? I would have been sadder if Kobato had been wearing a brand new outfit (and a brand new hat) and missed out on her loveliness.

Photobucket

Going to classes while in college? This shocks me to my core!

Takashi and his random showing up was kinda special and useless. Trying to make him into a more important character than he actually is? I think it would be more interesting if they made Fujimoto and Takashi rivals for Kobato but that would another plot line that would need to be covered! But it would be nice to see Fujimoto actually have to worry about losing Kobato (even if he doesn’t have her yet).

Photobucket

Bows are serious business.

The crowning jewel of this episode was the bow. Kids like to dress up stuffed animals. And maybe even silly bloggers name Tenchi do too. So I thought it was amusing that the kids were dressing up a male stuffed animal (because plushies have genders) with a girly bow. And since it was Ioryogi suffering it made the fun more enjoyable.

Photobucket

So this is a father/son relationship gone wrong?

But most of the episode focused on Ioryogi and his relationship with Mr. Bear and Ginsei. Well mostly the past issues that brought them to Earth and into these particular bodies. Which is what I have been waiting for people! Plot related things are always a winner in my book and the anime team has decided to group all the Spirit World information into one post. Dragging it out slowly might have made me go insane (like the pace of the manga being released).

Photobucket

Stealing people/angels is easy! It will always end well.

A bit of Wish plot was brought up by our lovely Mr. Bear and Ginsei. That plot being Kokuyo (son of Satan) sorta accidentally did Hisui (one of the Angel Masters) and he decided instead of honoring some pact that the beings from Heaven and Hell can’t be together he would go hide out on Earth with his true love. That was a really long sentence…In any event since Ginsei and Mr. Bear talk about this incident in relation to Ioryogi doing something REALLY bad we can conclude that there was someone in Heaven that Ioryogi loved.

Photobucket

Ignore the wings and look at my serious face. Not to be confused with my angry face.

The giant wings might be a big clue too…but I still pat myself on the back for figuring out the obvious. GO ME!

Photobucket

Oh of course! Silly me. After being explained why everyone is on Earth lets pretend not to hear any of it!

Mr. Bear, Mr. Ugly Bird, and Ginsei were all beings in the Spirit World and Ioryogi’s underlings. Apparently they liked him enough to get involved in this mess. It is not easy business going against God because some dude you know likes some chick you don’t know. So even though they are all stuck in el sucky forms I am sure deep down they still respect their plushie friend. Or maybe he was the leader and they had to follow him into fail battle. Who knows.

Photobucket

Hurting Kobato is against the rules! My rules!

That all being said Ginsei was so stupid for attacking Kobato/stealing the bottle of candy. We all understand that he actually really cares for Ioryogi and that all these battles are really his way of caring. Deep down. Sorta like when boys pinch girls on the play ground. I am not talking about the battle being a dumb idea, just his reasoning behind this one.

Photobucket

I fear there is a serious lack of communication going on...

He wants to hurt Kobato/break the bottle so Ioryogi can go back home to the Spirit world and regain his body. Which would all be lovely and make sense…if Mr. Bear hadn’t just explained the situation to Ginsei 5 minutes ago. You know, the story that Ioryogi is being punished by God and that he is redeeming himself by helping out Kobato. That Ioryogi has to help Kobato gather all her candy and only when her wish is granted will Ioryogi be forgiven and allowed to go back home.

Photobucket

Why is my former boss such a weenie?!

So…I highly doubt that Ginsei hurting Kobato/making sure she can’t get her wish granted is helping Ioryogi. If anything that is screwing Ioryogi into being stuck on Earth in the form of a plushie FOREVER. Basically Ginsei is a moron. I can understand him wanting to help Ioryogi out but I don’t think pissing God off even more is the best way to go about it.

Photobucket

No more words! More fighting please!

The battle between the plushie and the awesome looking rogue Pokémon ended with Ioryogi on his knees begging for the bottle. :( Not really what I wanted to see but oh well. It also got a little mushy when Ioryogi went on and on about how he really does care for Kobato despite the fact he is always picking on her and that she makes life difficult. It was sweet and all but part of me always knew that Ioryogi cared for Kobato. None of that needed to be said so it felt…almost wrong to hear Ioryogi be so nice? Almost like if Kurogane flat out said he loved and cared for Fai I would die of shock. It is more of an understood love (in my crazy mind) and it is the same in this situation.

Photobucket

The wording there makes me curious...

But it was still super cute. This series is about being super cute so Ioryogi had to flat out say how he felt about Kobato so everyone out there in TV land knows the truth. Ginsei is overwhelmed by the mush and gives back the bottle. Or maybe he realizes how full of fail his plan really was.

Photobucket

Of course it was tag. DUR!


Photobucket

I'm in your park looking down on you and your plushie.

Kohaku helps Kobato find her precious plushie and bottle of candy (Kohaku wins the clueless award for this episode) and Fujimoto arrives just in time so it appears that he was actually helpful in some way. Fujimoto is good at always being every where and looking superior…..

Photobucket

Kobato is always in trouble but never seems to mind. XD

Anyway Kobato and Ioryogi are reunited, Ioryogi denies that he is a good person, and he is given a new bow. It is all amazing and wonderful and full of sprinkles. Not sparkles…but sprinkles. Ioryogi also manages to give Kobato some good advice about getting her candy collecting butt in gear but the episode ends on a positive/happy note.

Photobucket

Earn some more candy and do it fast!

I loved this episode for the amount Ioryogi plot related stuff but that means Kobato’s screen time had to suffer. But I am happy for the anime relating more to the manga. Soon we are going to run out of manga material so it makes me wonder what we are in store for next. Stay tuned for another exciting episode of K OB ATO.

Okay that failed. I tried. :(




No comments: