Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle Chapter 230-231

As you can see it is not Thursday. I had been planning on making one HUGE Tsubasa post but the final chapter is not translated yet (or out yet...something in any case) so I will just do the next two chapters and will make a final post with me whining about how the ending will be crappy and not give enough Fai and Kurogane closure.

Photobucket

It is time to face our future.

It's so hard to believe Tsubasa is ending so soon. It seems like yesterday I picked up volume one from Suncoast ( I MISS YOU SUNCOAST!) and it is now at chapter 231. Not many mangas make it this far and most people give up after 100 chapters. I am much too dedicated to do that so here I am...almost crying my eyes out.

Prepare for spoilers and major wtfness! You have been warned.




Photobucket

Let's not forget about Fai and Kurogane now!

Both Sakuras manage to break the tube thingy that was holding them and Syaoran. Fei Wong Reed is a bit shocked about all of this and is momentarily distracted. Fai powers up Kurogane so Kurogane can attack Fei Wong Reed without being destroyed himself. It's nice to see that battle look clearer and not just some random magic lines. Fai and Kurogane have been doing most of the fighting so far but the kids aren't to blame. They are mommy and daddy after all.

Photobucket

No more curses woot!

So Kurogane.....squishes Fei Wong Reed. Rejoice the masses as he had it coming to him for about 27 volumes. Kurogane couldn't do it alone as Fai was there to help him during the battle. But Kurogane is the one who usually takes on the responsibility of these battles. He deserves more hugs. Only Fai hugs though.

Photobucket

Are you seriously going to do this to me?!

So what does Fei Wong Reed do before he dies? Utters something totally important and relevant and it makes me mad. There are only two chapters left (or one really huge one) and you are going to pull this crap on me?! Seriously....

It looks like Fei Wong Reed is a clone as he is not dying in a bloody way but breaking up into tiny pieces way. His existence is to bring back Yuko which makes me believe he is one of the XXXholic boys, possibly their "dark" side. But what is up with the "I must tell..." IT IS KILLING ME! And since XXXHolics has a few more chapters under its belt it still might get explained...but knowing the time verses reality issues who knows how long I might have to wait. RARW!

Photobucket

Let the suffering continue!

Both sets of Syaorans and Sakuras reach out for each other as Fei Wong Reed sprinkles into little pieces. He says that Syaoran has to pay for his sins just like he has to. This does not bode well for our heroes. I would also like to say that I think Syaoran has suffered so much already (both of them) so what is this sin business still? Dear lord talk about over killing in redemption.

Photobucket

If that is the definition of normal....

As Syaoran is told he has to pay for his sins Kurogane, Fai, and Mokona watch as a black blob whooshes around the room. This apparently is the world turning back to normal. I will have to take their word on that...

Photobucket

We don't need to tell anyone apart anyway!

Mokona decides to be useful and point out that only the Sakuras have returned from the glass tube and not Syaorans. Surely this will not be a good thing. The bad guy is "dead" and they are still in danger. X_X

Photobucket

Welcome to the nothingness.

So where are Syaoran and clone Syaoran? In nothingness. No people, no stuff, no nothing. It isn't a dream world but a void in space time. Yay for things getting that much worse.

Photobucket

Gasping faces for all.

Both Syaorans decide that they don't want to be in the nothingness so they will use their powers and magically zap themselves out of it. Because when you have magical powers you can do whatever you want ya'll. But then they can't and I found the translation a little funny. But I am a mean person.

Photobucket

Good thing this issue hasn't been discussed before.

Clone Syaoran still has it in his head that he should be the one in here. Or at least I think it was clone Syaoran. At this point both Syaorans have a "sin": Real Syaoran for wanting to bring back dead real Sakura and clone Syaoran for killing people when he lost his heart. Either way the other Syaoran tells that Syaoran they are both Syaoran and thus share this "punishment". And if you can follow all that you sir deserve a cookie.

Photobucket

That question mark is massive.

So who else shows up to this party? Watanuki. Which is only fitting because he is the OTHER part of Syaoran. I just think it is funny that both Syaorans are so shock to see Watanuki after all that has gone down. Anything is possible okay?!

Photobucket

Thank you captain obvious.

Watanuki is not freaking out for once. I guess seeing Yuko die killed off all the spazziness left in Watanuki. This scene looks like the scene from XXXholics where Domeki sees through Watanuki's eye the two Syaorans handing Watanuki his glasses. That scene does not happen in Tsubasa but we are given a scene cut with going back to the battle so it could have occurred then.

But good job Watanuki figuring out some of what is going on on your own. I don't think I could have jumped to the conclusion I was a placement filler. Now he asks the Syaorans what is going on and why this all happened.

Photobucket

WTF?! Are you disappearing again?!

Back outside in the real world clone Sakura starts to disappear. This makes me angry. I understand this is CLAMP and that I should expect a bitter sweet ending. But the clones have gone through so much I want them to live over the originals. :( But maybe CLAMP can save all the Sakuras and Syaorans in the end and have Fai and Kurogane become a real couple all in one huge chapter. I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Photobucket

....And when did she tell you that?

Watanuki is told the truth about how he was "born" and he seems to accept it. He has been around Yuko enough to know that it doesn't matter how you come into this world but what you do once you are there. He seems at peace with himself so yay for Watanuki. All the different versions of Syaoran decide they want to leave this space (don't know why that has to be announced...) when clone Syaoran starts to disappear too.

The thing is clone Syaoran actually KNEW. Maybe clone Sakura knows too but still. Why the heck did they go through the loop in become real Syaoran's parents and living in that tube to come back and DIE? They originally wanted to be the ones restuck in the tube and save the reals from being separated. So that means no matter what they accepted the fact that they wouldn't exist for very long and would die to protect the reals. I thought we had reached a point where the clones valued their own existence but apparently that was a lie! They knew that they were going to die once Fei Wong Reed went splat on screen.

And seriously. In CCS, CCS Sakura was about to take over ownership over Kero and Yue. I don't see why the same couldn't happen for the clones (which might happen but I am just saying). Just more magical rules that are made up on the fly?

Just bleh. They were reborn to stop Fei Wong Reed and doing so would kill them. It hurts to think about it.

Photobucket

Can their lives suck anymore?

Why is clone Syaoran smiling? I mean I am glad that Watanuki isn't going to die too (not that he is going to have much of a life) but don't smile! Don't accept your fate, don't be happy that your "death" will create a way for Watanuki and real Syaoran to leave the void, and don't die. :( Stop making me so sad CLAMP.

Photobucket

I give up trying to make sense of this.

Real Syaoran isn't really happy with this turn of events and reaches out for clone Syaoran...who turns into a feather. Seriously a feather people?.....Does that mean clone Sakura was a feather too while using her feather power? I am going to stop thinking about this...

Photobucket

My father is a feather....NOOOOO!

So after real Syaoran and Watanuki are done grieving for two minutes it is time to go. I find it interesting that real Syaoran is still holding Watanuki's glasses but that is just a small issue and we don't have time for small issues.

There is a LOT to be covered in the last chapter of Tsubasa. The only way this can possibly end well is if the reals and Fai and Kurogane become customers of Watanuki and we can get the clones back and things actually get resolved. I hope I am not wishing on a star when I say that. :( So...we will see how this ends really soon. I shall be here waiting impatiently as always. Don't let me down CLAMP!







No comments: