Sunday, September 20, 2009

Anime Weekend Atlanta 2009 Swag Post

I have returned from the city called Atlanta and the convention called Anime Weekend Atlanta! My wallet is drained dry, my tummy is full of food that is probably bad for me but tasted awesome, and my camera is busy loading pictures onto my laptop. Another successful anime convention has come and gone.

Instead of taking the time to unwind and sleep (like my husband is currently) I have decided to blog. Because I am just that special and dependent on the internet. But since I wasn't like people at AWA who were on the internet in the lobby despite all the chaos going on....it gives me hope for myself. XD But yes, after putting all my "normal" stuff away it was time to get my swag together so I can take pictures. XD My favorite part of coming home from any trip.

My blogging plans are to post about the actual convention tomorrow, Pandora Hearts on Tuesday, and 07-Ghost on Wednesday. It is killing me since both Tsubasa and XXXholic have some ^@)_%(*)*^ chapters that I NEED to discuss. But first things first works better for me. For now it is swag time!




I am going to warn you before I post this picture. I had no idea how many mangas I really bought before I took this picture. Feel free to gasp and talk about how a greedy person I am. I feel that way too. Then I remind myself I have been saving for AWA since February and I feel less greedy. Then I think that Tsubasa is apparently ending next week and I feel insane. My random thoughts, welcome to them.

Photobucket

Behold I am a store!

Do not attempt to adjust your screen. This is what 56 mangas looks right. Yes, 56 mangas.

Photobucket

Part one of MOGness.


Photobucket

Too big for just one picture.

I have never bought so many mangas before at a single anime convention at one time. I think my past record was 36. Might have been more but never 56. But I didn't pay close to retail on any of these mangas. I believe I bought 12 mangas at the SuperHappyFunSell and the most I spent on a single manga was 4 dollars for a yaoi title. The other two were bought at a buy one/get one free table and another table having a deal when you buy so many. X_X I feel a little bad for my husband now as apparently I made him carry over 40 mangas around the dealer's room. Not for long but still.

I guess when Tsubasa and XXXholic ends (are they ending at the same time?) I have plenty of things to read don't I?

Photobucket

Second biggest money sucker hobby.

Time for figurines!!! Now I did get another nendoroid that is not pictured. People in my family tend to give me money to buy my own presents (or just go with Hello Kitty, the safe bet) because keeping track of all my many loves is hard. So one nendoroid and two shirts are leaving my house ( :( ) and I shall not see them again until either my birthday or Christmas. But I will survive.

Photobucket

I just love how they are packaged.

But these are my lovelies for now. Kureha from Shining Wind is SO cute! I think I got a great deal on her as well as the Shana nendoroid. Almost too good of a deal but I checked them over well before I bought them. XD The Kagami from Lucky Star cosplaying as Miku was a bit more but I was expecting that price given how popular she is. My one tiny figurine purchase was Su from Clover. I love CLAMP 3-D Land figurines so of course I had to buy this cutie. The other CLAMP 3-D Land figures were from the two sets I already own and set 4 which seems to beyond unpopular. Had they had the other figurines from Set 7 or any from set 8 I would have been all over that. But all they had was Su and she was the last one. XD She was meant for me!

Photobucket

Tiny things fill my heart with love.

Since I have run out of room on my walls for posters(I hardly saw any now that I think about it) I have to have something new to collect don't I? Of course I do! Time for buttons and charms.

Photobucket

My little Lego people of love.

I call these little guys Lego people. My husband, an avid Lego lover, says I am crazy and that they don't look like legos but he can fly a kite. These little charms look like Lego people to me and that is that. I think they are called Horoscope something but don't quote me on that. The point is they are awesome. They come in blind bags which is expected. After opening a few of these cuties up I gave in and shelled out a bit more for preopened ones. XD Better to spend an extra dollar to get the one you want than 50 and still not get your favorite. Not sure what I am going to do with these but...I love them.

Photobucket

Puddle bunnies of love!

Do you see these?! They were positively the cutest items in the Artist Alley the entire weekend. I hope that doesn't offend people but it's the truth people. Utter cuteness. I almost went crazy and bought every single print of these little puddle bunnies (which would have been better for that artist) until the husband pointed out the pins. And they were a great deal at 5 dollars a pack. The packaging was so awesome and professional and the entire booth was very well put together. One of my present purchases was a shirt from their table so I must pout and wait for that lovely. For now I have all my lovely pins to keep me company.

Photobucket

Do you love penguins too?

Here are my other random pins. The I love Penguin pin was the fastest sale a dealer has ever seen in the history of sales. I hadn't finished walking to the booth when I said I WANT THAT! The other pins are quite lovely. I am surprised all I got for metal pins was Yuko...but no one had Fai. Because they are haters. Haters I tell you.

Photobucket

Time for squishy hugs.

PLUSHIES! No convention is complete without bringing home some new friends. Piglu is very happy that more monokuro boo have joined the family. When I was first researching AWA I saw pictures of a booth that had the Baby Boos in them and I was like MUST GO AND BUY! I saw Glaceon at another convention but glad I waited as this version was 10 dollars cheaper and 100 percent more cute. Hello Kitty is a must for me and anime conventions and that demon looking Sanrio (Or San-X?) looked like Cinnamoroll so I got him. And the green thing...is a green thing that I fell in love with in the Artist Alley. It has a cute little back story that the artist had given a lot of thought into and it was one of the best plushies made in the Alley. XD But I am never biased.

Photobucket

Yaoi is my crack.

MMM art books. Art books that are rated 18+. Despite the fact that all the action is blurred I needed this naughtiness. It was really expensive but I am allowed to splurge. Boy on boy action often leads me to make expensive decisions.

Photobucket

No idea where I am going to put them all but that is besides the point!

Time for the rest of the art I purchased. I have never spent so much on art before but then again I have never been to a convention with so many artists.

Photobucket

I love Fai. The end.

Someone had a picture of Fai. Do I need to explain why I purchased it?

Photobucket

Very professional.

This art looks so much like CLAMP it's scary. Not sure why she isn't a professional manga artist but I loved all her work. So very pretty.

Photobucket

This is my definition of old school.

Chibi Town always has cute stuff for very reasonable prices. The Sailor Moon pictures seemed like a last minute sell for the artist but that's fine with me. They will make great scrape booking paper. I love all the forms of Eevee. They are my party to take down the Battle Tower/Frontier/hard bosses at the moment. So I needed all these bookmarks and random card. And the other two pictures were random impulse purchases. I tend to like chibi style art so I had no choice in the matter. XD

Photobucket

This is why you left me all weekend?!

This is my baby bundle of joy looking on so thrilled at all my swag. So thrilled she needs to spread out all over my photo area and try to eat the boxes of my lovely nendoroids. But I love her anyway.

Photobucket

Free stuff is free.

Here is all the random stuff that I got and probably don't need. But when I see free things I immediately run over to get them. When people hand me business cards I don't throw them away like normal people. I use them to scrape book or keep in case I do want to visit their website.

Photobucket

A shirt without Hello Kitty on it?! I am shocked!

And here are the leftovers. For some reason my husband did not listen to me when I said DON'T WASH AND DRY THIS SHIRT WITH THE MACHINE. So I had to wait to rescue my lovely shirt from the washing machine. This lady had awesome and I actually got two shirts (one is for Christmas) and some of those pins earlier came from that booth. I also got a puddle bunny pen which was only 50 cents WOOHOO! And that purse was given to me for free at the SuperHappyFunSell on Thursday. XD She was giving out a bunch of them to people so I got in on the action. Last but not least is my badge. XD I love the panda theme and how each type of badge was different.

Photobucket

Pandas are for hugging!

And there is no more. In total I spent too much. But in the ballpark of 630 dollars. Yeah...I am greedy. No more buying for the rest of the year (knock on wood). Yay for swag and boo for being poor. Now it is time to start saving up for next year's conventions.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so jealous D: I want to go to a con really badly but because I can't drive yet, and having no money, and yeah.... I think I'll have to wait until after graduation bah. So much stuff!!! Haha, enjoy it!

Christina said...

Karen- Hopefully you can go to a convention real soon. But in the mean time you can save up money (especially all that graduation money!) and you can research where you can for your first trip! I remember my first convention and how i went crazy in the dealer's room (don't think much has changed though...)

Sarah Saad said...

كيفية نقل العفش بينبع
اسعار نقل عفش بينبع
البحث عن شركات نقل العفش بينبع
شركات نقل العفش بخميس مشيط
كيفية نقل العفش بخميس مشيط
اسعار نقل عفش بخميس مشيط