Thursday, September 24, 2009

Nendoroids are made for cheering up people!

Today...was a really crappy day at work. As in screaming, getting cussed at, and crying at the end of my couch kind of bad day. :( I was prepared to write a RAGE post...but I am too emotionally drained tonight. My thoughts would make no sense and I don't want to come off as some psychopath.

So what do I do when I am sad and full of rage? Find something cute to occupy my time and keep my mind off the fact I have to go to work tomorrow.

Photobucket

Nendoroids are an expensive hobby. But it's well worth it! XD

Insert Nendoroids! One of the cutest things on the planet! It is time to say hello to my newest nendoroids that I happily scooped up at Anime Weekend Atlanta. Enjoy my silly attempt to make a bad day a little more fun.




Photobucket

Say hello to Shana


Photobucket

Kureha....


Photobucket

And Kagami! XD

Here are all my lovelies and their cute little boxes. I love how Nendoroids are packaged. So happy in their semi too big boxes. XD The Japanese know how to package their pint size toys.

Photobucket

Starting off with Shana. XD

Shana was more of an impulse buy as I was buying other nendoroids from a dealer and there she was. That and I thought she was a good deal. XD I know a lot of people complained about dealer room prices but what I paid for all three (really four) of my nendoroids wouldn't even cover the cost and the shipping if I bought them online. XD

With that said Shana is the least fun out of my newbies. XD I am just so nice. But she really doesn't have a lot of accessories. She does have a cape which does make up for any lack of accessories!

Photobucket

Shana and her angry face!

Not really sure what is up with that crazy face but I love it. I have yet to see the series (but I plan to) so I am no in on all her silly faces. But this one is fun and yet she is still cute at the same time.

Photobucket

You people make me so mad!

I love this face. The classic angry anime face that anyone can make but looks so cute on Shana. Am I using the word cute too much? Oh well I need cute tonight. Shake those angry fist in the air!

Photobucket

Kureha says hello to everyone.

Kureha is the poster girl of cute. No idea about the game/anime she came from but I enjoy cuteness when I see it. I don't need to know their back story apparently! I think what I like the most about her outfit are her sleeves. Very interesting.

Photobucket

And thus I die.


Photobucket

Close up of the dying.

Aw she even dies cute. Or maybe she is doing some kind of spell thing. I think the sparkly spell/death thing is interesting. The Japanese pay such close attention to details even on the small parts. It isn't a cheaply made piece of plastic. I really like the small details on these figurines. XD Just don't die Kureha.

Photobucket

Now she will do the killing!


Photobucket

Watch your back around her!

The little bow is really cute. It was a bit difficult to feed it into her hand but everything holds up. Kureha is ready to take on any enemies and fight off my co-workers and their stupidity. All while dressed so cute.

Photobucket

Welcome to the world!

Yay Kagami! I guess Lucky Star isn't as popular as it use to be as this was still in the dealer's room hours after it was opened. Maybe it was just meant for me. Whatever it may be Kagami now lives in my house with her cosplaying self.

Photobucket

So excited to be here.

Now since I have seen Lucky Star I can appreciate Kagami's WTF face. I wish I could make a face like that. I am sure Kagami was dragged into cosplaying by her silly little co-star and she is none to happy about that. But revenge is sweet. XD

Photobucket

Bust a move!

I tried to recreate the pose on the book but I think I fail. Actually I know I fail. I couldn't get the legs right. But that's fine. Nendoroids are meant for mixing and matching pieces. So I can do whatever I want!

Photobucket

I am tired of cosplaying!!!


Photobucket

You want me to do what?!


Photobucket

Welcome to the family!

Kaito comes out to greet the ladies. Don't they all look thrilled to be living in the anime room? Yeah I think they are happy.

Photobucket

I feel charming, oh so charming!

Such peaceful and happy faces. My other nendoroids will love them and welcome them with open arms. XD I love my new nendoroids and took care of a few on my ever growing wish list. I feel much better now posting all this cuteness. See nendoroids are helpful to my mental stability. Whenever I feel like killing a co-worker I should buy a nendoroid!

Hope you enjoyed my new figurines and all their special poses. When will the next one appear.....who knows...but hopefully soon (but after I buy new glasses! XD) Thanks for reading.


7 comments:

Jamie said...

I did enjoy this :)

Jamie said...

Make more adventures like this:

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/219/Nendoroids+at+the+beach.html


:D :D :D

Christina said...

Jamie-(sorry the comments got lost in my email for some reason)

I love seeing those kinds of pictures. And carrying a figurine around would be easier than giant Piglu.

I am glad you enjoyed it. I was in a RARW mood when I got home so I demanded some happiness from my Nendoroids.

Anonymous said...

anyone have a list of all the nendoroids ?
I love these guys so much i would like a list of them

Christina said...

Anonymous- go to http://www.nendoroid.org/ for a list of the current list of nendoroids. This website http://www.goodsmile.info/top/eng/ is the company that makes all the nendoroids and will have pictures of upcoming figurines. XD It gets addictive beware!

cookiedemorango said...

I think that the blue girl nendoroid is really Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid like Kaito D:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3341613280_f0841f8cef.jpg

Christina said...

cookiedemorango- That is Kagami from Lucky Star. She and Konata do a bit of cosplaying and dress up as different characters sometimes. XD Konata dressed as Saber is so cute!

Sorry for the late reply, my e-mail has been eating comment notifications later.