Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pandora Hearts Episode 24

So after Anime Festival Orlando, New Hampshire, and now Anime Weekend Atlanta my schedule has been a little messed up and I have gotten a bit behind on things I want to blog. But now I think all my trips are out of the way and I can get back to my regular life, work included. BOO TO WORK! I have heard some horror stories about what happened at work while I was gone so I am not looking forward to jumping back into that mess.

Photobucket

Seriously WTF is that?!

But that aside I am glad I can get caught up on blogging and anime. Going on trips is nice but I like being at home and doing my normal everyday stuff. XD I like routine.

So yay for Pandora Hearts and BOO that it is ending soon. Let's enjoy this episode for now and pretend it's not almost the end (for now). Click for spoilers and speculation galore!




This episode wasn’t really…interesting to say the least. I could make a summary for this episode but it would go like this:

Photobucket

Behold how awesome Gilbert is.

A bunch of Chains attack the town. Our heroes spend too much time just looking at the Chains. Eventually everyone gets their Chains out and starts rescuing citizens. Pandora Headquarters is attacked. Oz is nearly burnt alive when he rescues some kid but Alice saves him. Break uses his Chain to stomp the others but he is really injured. Alice and Oz take refuge in an abandoned house and they talk about how this is all happening because maybe the Will of the Abyss is sad. Another Chain attacks and they run. The Basketcase trio show up and protect Alice and Oz on orders from their boss. Everyone meets up again and the biggest Chain ever attacks. Alice tries attacking him but is nearly mushed. Oz begs the Will of the Abyss to stop….and she does? It dies and another one of Alice’s memories is revealed. It is of Jack and her on a lake and him telling her that he can never meet with her again. The Will of the Abyss looks on and it is creepy. Oz reveals to Alice later that he will protect her and accept her for who she is and she tries to get out of the romantic situation. THE END!

Photobucket

Quick stare at the giant danger and do nothing!

Well I guess that is a decent size paragraph. But it still didn’t feel like much happened in this episode. Not going to stand out as my favorite episode but that is going to happen time to time. Not every episode can be MOG great.

Photobucket

Our aim is lovely! No seriously we suck.

I do laugh at Pandora’s “elite” members. They all ran like little girls when a few low level Chains came in. Granted they are big scary monsters but they are supposed to be members of an ultra secret organization. Grow some balls and take care of the enemy. Sure they sent out some Chains later but where were they when the fires first started? And massive MOG points to all those men firing on the Chains and only killing one. Clearly Gilbert is the only awesome shot in the series. Even Oz and his inexperience with a gun did better than those grown men.

Photobucket

No no, pay no attention to the dying man behind the curtain.

Break is going to die soon. He is already weak because he is on his second contract and his Chain now has a massive power. I just had a trip down memory lane and thought of him as being a Cyber Jar. What a silly and random thought. But in any event maybe Break has a right to be all moody and cranky all the time. He is fighting to hide how hurt he is and that is a strain on his body. :( But he killed almost all the Chains by himself so he earns a cookie in my book.

Photobucket

What a novel idea captain useless.

Sharon is Sharon. She is just there in my opinion. All fawning over Break and generally being useless. I am a hater and I admit it.

Photobucket

We are here to rescue you so we can kill you later.

The Basketcase people surprised me this week. Of course if their sorta leader is Oz’s father it makes sense that he doesn’t want his son to die (but then again looking at the previews for next week…). But the more plausible answer would be that the Basketcase people need Oz alive for some other purpose and are only keeping him alive until that secret purpose is met. Truly wonderful people they are.

Photobucket

Almost NOM NOM NOM time.

Alice almost met her match with that huge dragon Chain. It was weird watching her get her butt kicked since we are used to her wiping the floor with the other Chains. But we have to take into account she had already squished a bunch of other Chains earlier. She was also worried about Oz’s health so she may not have been pushing herself to the limit as to not hurt him. But Alice still needs a hug at the end of the day.

Photobucket

Lonely doesn't give you an excuse to kill the whole world okay.

Some of the members of our motley crew have decided that the reason all these Chains have gone insane is because the Will of the Abyss is emotionally confused. Hold on as I dry my tears for her. Of course when we find out what horrible thing happened to White Alice I will be taking back my words. I would just like to know how our crew came to that decision. Or why Alice would be feeling sorry for her now. I know that last episode they learned that Alice and White Alice are twins but still. Alice can’t chalk this up to be lonely. Home girl is just crazy.

Photobucket

Let me rescue you so I can kill you later part two.

So after White Alice sends all the Chains to squish everyone…she decides to save them because Oz asked her too. We all know that Oz has some magically sparkly power in him but it seems more than that. That White Alice likes Oz and wants to protect him. Or maybe home girl is just crazy. I mean who else sends a bunch of Chains to squish someone then decides to rescue them from her own attack? Someone is not playing with a full deck of cards.

Photobucket

A fail fragment.

Alice’s newly required memory fragment was not full of information. It was just Jack telling her that he can’t meet her again. Which I am sure is when he goes to fight Gene and everything goes insane. But if I were Alice I would feel rather jipped if that is all the information I got after so long. It is almost like Chrome Shelled Regios and their random Engrish clips.

Photobucket

Aw Alice is so cute and in denial.

The end of the episode was so cute. Break was telling Oz that he wasn’t a snot nose brat and Oz values his own life. Then Oz himself broke out the rosy words and told Alice that he will always be by her side even if her past threatens to break her. Alice tries to pretend that Oz is only her manservant but her blushy face is a dead giveaway. The scene was almost too cute for words.

So…that was the whole episode. Not too much going on but still enjoyable. But I guess that is okay since there HAS to be a second season. Next week looks like Oz is going to go through some family problems. I predict this season will end with Oz finding out his father works with/for the Basketcase people and that he let home as Oz was born and would mess up his plans. Stay tuned to see if I am actually right. XD




No comments: