Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall Anime List 2009: My catch up season

I was going to do a long post about all the new shows I was going to watch this Fall Anime Season. I say was because I finally sat down and looked at the list of new shows. I like two.

Two.

Please do not revoke my anime lover card just yet though!



A great deal of the Fall Anime List are sequels. Which is fine...if you watched season one. So while there might be some really good shows (like Darker than Black or so I've been told) but I haven't seen season one yet! I can't watch half of these shows because of that factor alone. There is one sequel that I can and will watch though.


To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Photobucket

No Touma? :( Sadness.

In Academy City, 80% of its 230,000 citizens are students of the Brain Development Program, meant to develop psychic powers. Based on To Aru Majutsu no Index, the side story follows Mikoto Misaka, a Level 5 psychic of “Judgment” that reserves law and order in the city.

Starting Date: 10-02-09

Well technically this isn't even a sequel. It clearly states this is a side story. So there will be no Touma, no Index, no crazy mages trying to kill either of them, and no awesome Index faces. I know there will be a true sequel to To Aru Majutsu no Index one day but not this season. For now this show looks like it will keep my interest in the series and maybe it will make me see Misaka in a different light. I might want to drop kick her annoying little friend but meh. I plan to blog this series despite the fact it will probably have lots of epic speeches (but no one will top you Touma!!!).

With one half of the list sequels I look to the other half to find new and interesting shows to fill up my viewing time. All I saw were boobs.

Well I guess that isn't fair. But it did have a lot of boringness. Librarians fighting each other? As series that is basically minutes of a student council meeting? 4 magical girl shows that all sound the same?! Yeah...I am not really impressed. Only title really sticks out in that crowd.


Kobato

Photobucket

Can't go wrong with CLAMP!

Kobato is sweet and perky girl, but also extremely naive about the world around her. She has a "mission", which is to fill a mysterious bottle of hers with the suffering from people's hearts so her wish to go a certain place that she desires to go can be granted. However, she has a restriction, she is not allowed to fall in love with any person whom she heals the heart of. Her companion for this task is a grumpy plush dog she calls Ioryogi-san.

Starting Date: 10-06-09

I love CLAMP. I was a little too caught up in Tsubasa and XXXholics to properly pay attention to this title but Simplicity set me straight. I have caught myself up on the current Kobato manga volumes and can't wait to see the anime adaptation. This could go either way as seen with the massive failure that was the Tsubasa anime series or pretty accurate as with the Chobit anime series. I want to have faith so I think it will be a very great series and I will enjoy blogging it. I just hope they don't try to finish it with a false ending like Tsubasa. 24 episodes sounds like a lot given there are only 4 manga volumes out right now. We will have to wait and see.

And...that's it. Nothing else caught my eye except the must see Eden of the East movies. But other than that meh. And bleh.

But I will see this as a positive thing. Things get a little too busy around the holidays and I blogged way too many series last December. Not say that I neglected having fun last holiday season but I'll be working more than I was last year so 10 series is not possible. XD

This will also give me a chance to catch up on some series I am behind on, like CANAAN, Shugo Chara Doki, and Chrome Shelled Regios. I think out of the three CANAAN has the best chance of being finished and blogged about. XD

And if a magical miracle happens perhaps I will have time to marathon some series on my anime must watch list. Just because this season doesn't have much to watch for me doesn't mean I should sit around and be bored. It will be a perfect chance to catch up on some great shows I see other people talking about! Time to stop being lazy and watch entire series in just one day. XD No waiting necessary!

So that is my plan. My plan also includes blogging Pandora Hearts tomorrow and 07-Ghosts Wednesday. We shall see since my renewed interest in Pokemon Platinum. But I think I will just buckle down and do so since I love these shows a lot and I know if I push it aside any longer it will become like Chrome Shelled Regios and be WAY behind.

Perhaps my Fall Anime List will grow once I see other bloggers talking about shows that I snubbed. I will feel bad about my quick judgments and tell myself to stop taking things at face value. But for now this is my plan and when I have a plan I feel better about blogging. Here's to a light Fall Anime Season and to getting caught up on past shows.

*information and pictures stolen...err borrowed from Anime News Network and Wiki*

No comments: