Wednesday, September 23, 2009

07 Ghost Episodes 24-25 FINALE!


Photobucket

How's that for a season finale? BRAAAAAAINS! I rock at cover pictures.

:( See this? This is my sad face. I am sad because 07-Ghost is now over. Well at least for now as it is obvious with the ending there will be a second season. But as of this moment I am sad because I won’t get to watch it every week and I don’t know when it will return. :( No more AWA and now no more 07-Ghost. Sad week for me.

But I shall look at the good. The good being I had this show to look forward to every Wednesday night after a sorta long days worth of work. And while it might have confused me at times and relied a bit on the pretty boy image it was always enjoyable. So thank you 07-Ghost giving me a spring show that I saw through to the end.

As always this post will contain spoilers and speculation and crazy fangirling. Maybe a little bit more yaoi fan girl than normal but by now that is to be expected. And if you read a post titled FINAL EPISODE and are shocked that there are spoilers…you are more special than I.

So on with the show for the last time…for now.





Photobucket

I mean business this time.

Episode 24 was just one big battle episode. If you were at all important in the first 23 episodes you get to battle someone from the opposing side. If you are a mildly annoying nun or common person you were locked up in the church saying everything was going to be okay. Episode 25 was the continuation of said battles and how all were stopped by Teito and his shiny power of WTFness. No one dies which makes all the battles a bit worthless but it provides the segway into season two. AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Photobucket

How about no?

I want to be snarky about this but I have faith in God too. I believe he will protect me and keep me safe. With that said…I don’t believe in sitting on your behind if a car is driving right at you. Get out of the way and try to help yourself! God can save you but if you fail to use the tools he puts in front of you…you suck.

Photobucket

Say his name louder so ALL THE ENEMIES KNOW tay?

And what was with everyone knowing that Teito was the Eye of the Mikhail holder? I understand some of the higher ups knowing and the three main bishops but Lance? He just got there. And why did the nuns know?! WHY DID EVERYONE KNOW?! Did I miss the memo where everyone in the church was informed of Teito’s deep dark secret? And even if they did know why did the nuns tell the red shirt soldiers his name? Clearly the church of good looking men isn’t very good at keeping secrets.

Photobucket

Find your happy place.

Kuroyuri took some crazy pills today. I understand he just lost his home boy Haruse. Not sure why he is wearing creepy demon flowers from hell but he is. I thought only Haruse was infected but most of time I am wrong when I think about things. The point is Kuroyuri confronts Frau and Hakuren (who runs up to tell Frau that DANGER is upon them) and makes a point to say he is going to fight and live for Ayanami instead of dying for Haruse. Which he nearly does. You can’t boast about how you are strong when the next second you are crying and okay with dying because you get to be with your Haruse. Well you can but that makes you a crazy person.

Photobucket

It's love ya'll!

But that’s okay people. At the church of good looking men you can get redeemed no matter what you do. So instead of killing Kuroyuri like he should have Frau spent a lot of time trying to save this confused little kid. I guess Frau has a soft spot for tiny confused bishies but come on. Stop down playing his sins and make him pay! Frau is a lot stronger than he showed in this episode and yet it appeared Kuroyuri was holding his own.

Photobucket

Stepping aside before another love triangle occurs.

Hakuren…was slightly useless this episode. Usually he has some awesome fighting moves and a few snappy sayings. This time he just was told to stand back and let Frau do all the fighting. Which was probably the smart move since Kuroyuri was slightly ticked but still. I wanted to see more of Hakuren. His farewell to Teito was a little bit too rushed for my taste. I get that Teito was on the run…but not really as the army was leaving and Ayanami was letting Teito live so he can track him. So I am not really sure why Teito had to be rushed out of there when the danger was leaving. He and Hakuren could have had a proper goodbye and had a sparkly semi yaoi moment. But at least they got to say something to each other and it was a bit sweet. Promises that they will always be good friends and that they will be stronger the next time they meet. This makes me a bit sad since it looks like we won’t be seeing Hakuren for a while. :( Good bye Hakuren. At least you got to live.

Photobucket

Teito? In danger?! I am shocked and amazed!

Labrador actually did something this episode? Of course at the end he was wearing his jacket of FABBBulous which almost negated his fighting skills but I guess I should give credit where credit is due. I really loved halfway through episode 24 Labrador looks up and says Teito is in danger. One Labrador is always talking about danger so this time when he said it, it wasn’t MOG serious. Second Teito is always in danger. You are not special for sensing what everyone else already knows. XD

Photobucket

Yeah teasing him! That's right.

Castor was Labrador’s battle partner for the season finale. Thank goodness he didn’t use any of his creepy dolls. The hell flowers of doom were too much to bear already. Their opponents were the sarcastic Ayanami minion and the blond hair kid who looks just like Mikage. These two minions are a lot closer to each other than I thought. They even have their attacks all linked up and everything. Everyone say AW now. XD I could go into yaoi territory with these guys but then that might make me a little bit too yaoi fan girl seeing impossible pairings. But in the end they weren’t very interesting, we know nothing of their back story, and they didn’t die. Woot for useless battles.

Photobucket

Old man doesn't have much going for him...

Ayanami’s old man minion (who is probably less than 40 and I am just evil like that) was fighting against Lance. Lance didn’t seem to use any of his Ghost powers and keeps to his Kor squishy stick. The old man wasn’t doing so hot for a while but powers up later because he can. It doesn’t have to be explained people. But had that battle actually got to finish Lance would have won. Because Lance is awesome (or so he thinks). Poor useless old man minion. No one likes you.

Photobucket

Is this really happening to me again?!

This all leads us to the reason for all these battles. Teito was just finishing up his bishop’s exam and was about to get a well deserved hug from Frau. But since this is Teito everything must end horribly for him. No hugs for him. I think this is particularly cruel since Teito’s final test was fighting Ayanami and now…he has to fight Ayanami again. This boy gets the “life is unfair” award for life.

Photobucket

This is exactly what I thought the center of the world looked like.

But yeah it is time for Ayanami to beat up on Teito and say some soul crushing crap to him. This has to take place in the center of the world so they will not be interrupted by people who were too busy to interrupt him. I have to say I was really impressed with the center of the world. I was expecting dirt and rocks and maybe a bit of lava. But instead we got a really pretty mosaic scene and lots of glass. Almost like we were inside the church of good looking men. Who knew that the center of the world was so pretty and man made?!

Photobucket

You tell them Teito!

But putting that aside it is time for another Ayanami beats Teito up for a while and Ayanami saying the same old crap to Teito. Oh and Teito believing his words and having to have another I CAN DO THIS MOMENT. I love you Teito but it gets a little old. It’s like I am on Dr. Quinn and the town’s people are learning every week how not to be racist. Just become a better person and stay that way. Stop with the self doubt!

Photobucket

How about you want to live because you are worth it Teito?!

I guess I am still conflicted about Teito’s conflicting thoughts about his purpose in life. I really don’t see the harm in Teito wanting to seek revenge. I guess I am happy that Teito has decided that he will get his revenge after he finds out the truth. That is a legitimate compromise. Teito can learn that Ayanami wasn’t hugged enough as a child and that Verloren is forcing him to do all of this…and kill Ayanami to stop Verloren. YAY everyone wins!

Photobucket

Running out of evil things to say about Teito? Time to threaten the hostages!!!

But Ayanami needs to quit with the stupid comments all the time. Is he seriously bringing up Teito being a slave and a killing machine? Someone is living in the past. Teito has no reason to live? Every time this happens to Teito he manages to pull through so the enemies need to learn a better soul killing phrase. And Ayanami is a special kind of evil where he tries to get Teito angry. Personally I rather leave the person a sobbing mess in the corner so I can squish them. Not make them into a raging killing machine.

Photobucket

Why can Ayanami do this? Because he can!

So why was Ayanami there this time? He wants to know the whereabouts of Pandora’s Box. Once upon a time Father and Teito went on a journey to Seele and apparently hide the box. Father sealed the memories of the event inside Teito’s little head and Ayanami wants to rip them out. Yes so Ayanami wants to piss Teito off and make him into a killing machine so he can…walk over to Teito and unseal some memories. It makes total sense folks. XD

Photobucket

Teito catches on fast.

In case you were wondering it failed. Father’s voice is heard and basically tells Ayanami to get the hell away from his Teito. So this was all for nothing YAY!

But Ayanami is not done with extra smart ideas yet. It appears that he wants Teito to take back the Eye of Mikhael. You know the eye that Ayanami spent so much time trying to get back. And for some reason Teito didn’t want it back? Yeah it was a bit special to watch as everything went into crazy land. If Ayanami wanted to use Teito as a human GPS to get back Pandora’s Box WHY TAKE THE EYE IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Yeah it was just special.

Photobucket

Teito doesn't need to Eye. He has a baby dragon Mikage whom he talks to during a life or attack battle.

I think that Teito didn’t want to take the eye because he doesn’t like not being in control of his action. He still wants revenge but doesn’t want to be like Ayanami. It is okay to be a killer if your reason is pure. But I think if Teito worked together with the Eye things would go better for him. I think the Eye just wants to protect Teito and goes by his desires. If Teito wanted to be a sparkly happy boy the Eye would let him. So that was all a bit too special for me.

Photobucket

Baby dragon abuse! :(

When baby Mikage was getting flung around I wanted to grab it and hold it close. Poor little innocent baby dragon. :(

Photobucket

Is it wrong that She-Ra started playing in my head?

So after talking to ghost Mikage and spending too much time with his back turned to his enemy Teito decided to get all sparkly. Seriously. He breaks the pretty middle of the Earthness and all the battle players look on in WTFness. Suddenly everyone is transported to the same place with the 7 Ghosts. Well 3 Ghosts and the 4 men who are the Ghost. Ayanami and his minions look on at this confusing scene and one of the nuns tells us that this is the light that the Bible promised would save them or some crap.

Photobucket

Apparently he is used to Ayanami's dumb plans.

Ayanami tells the sarcastic minion his plan on not killing Teito. Had I been that minion I would have gone WTF then why did we do this all? They come up with a plan to escape and Teito is like…Ayanami cares for his men? I swear if Teito starts to think that Ayanami is a good person deep down I will eat something healthy.

Photobucket

Cute scene is cute.

Things continue to be confusing as Mikage comes and pays another visit to Teito even though he just talked to him. But at least Teito doesn’t cry every time he sees him. The Eye starts crawling on the floor and Teito acts like he is bestowing a great hand of friendship when accepting him. Or it.

Photobucket

Was it good for you?

And then Teito walks out of the original room he was in and there is Frau…smoking a cigarette (I will refrain from being a bad girl). Did that all just happen?!

Apparently it did as there several baddies in the hallway. But the bishops have managed to do an outfit change in this frame so it is a bit special. Oh and they have to inform Teito that part of that wasn’t part of the exam and was in fact real. In case he is a moron.

Photobucket

Um...okay...

But congratulations are cut short because the enemy is leaving. That means that Teito has to run for his life with Frau. I have already discussed how special ed that all is but still. I am not sensing why that was so urgent for him to leave right that minute. I guess they were running out of time to get set up for season two. XD

Photobucket

Oh hi collar. Nice to see you again.

I was actually kinda happy that they brought up the whole necklace curse thing again. It was almost like it was left on the sideline for a little bit. Part of me wishes that Frau went with Teito because he loves him and wants to personally protect him. But I will accept the fact they have to be together forever and their love will blossom in that stupidly long tunnel they used to escape.

Photobucket

You tell him Teito!

As Teito and Frau ride off into season two they share sweet moments. Teito promises he will go on this adventure to find out the truth about both kingdoms and Ayanami and his father and Father. That seems to make Frau happy. So happy he has to bring up the fact that he wouldn’t mind if Teito killed him. Yes please ruin my yaoi moment by bringing up the fact you want your would be boy toy to kill you. It is often a relationship starter.

Photobucket

The hug sparkles!

But there are still some fun moments. Teito and Frau have a little bit of a sniping moment which is a cute part of their relationship. My favorite part was the hug…okay Teito was trying to keep from falling off the bike but still. It looked like a hug to me and that is all that matters. Frau, Teito, and baby dragon Mikage ride off into the sunset to find out about Teito’s past and to create some yaoi memories. The end.

Photobucket

Off to get in more dangerous adventures yay!

:( And now I am sad. 25 weeks flew by fast. Overall I really liked this series…season. I will refrain from writing a complete what I thought about this series section as it is not over. XD You can only write something like that when the very last episode viewed and you can judge how well the entire series flowed and went. So I look forward to the day when I can blog this series again. I am really glad I gave it a chance and I am glad I did. I hope anyone reading my blog posts about 07-Ghosts will be inspired to watch it. For now…it is nearly time for a very light fall season. Maybe this will be a perfect time to read the manga version of 07-Ghost? XD So I shall see you (hopefully) soon 07-Ghost. Thanks for the entertainment thus far and hurry up with season two!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great exposition!

Reading this made me a little less sad that it ended.

But then again, Frau and Teito are riding off into the sunset (and the start of season 2).

And indeed, Labrador was great in ep 24. Noticed when he sat on that planescooterthing looking totally cool, facing the bad guys?

Christina said...

Anonymous- (sorry for the late respond, got lost in my mailbox!) I am just happy we are getting a season two! XD It makes me less sad knowing we shall be getting more episodes even if we have to wait a little while.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you've written(well, not everything, but most of it). I believe that next season we're going to see less of Mikage. That's sad but good too. I'm not very keen on watching memories all over again and seeing dead people.
By the way, do you know anyhting about season 2? Like a hint or something?

Christina said...

Anonymous-I think that season two would need less Mikage. Otherwise Teito couldn't grow as a person and move on from his past.

I have read some rumors that the second season will be in 2010...which isn't telling us much as DUH it wasn't in Fall 2009 anime, that is the closest time it could be. But other than that it is just more silly rumors. But not soon enough would be my answer.

Anonymous said...

SEASON TWO? WHERE ARE YOU?!

Christina said...

Anonymous- I am wondering that myself. It usually isn't good news when a second season hasn't appeared after a year or two. :( Let's cross our fingers though in case that helps.

Anonymous said...

September 2020 and there's a pandemic and season 2 still hasn't arrived but I'M STILL WAITING.