Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Home is where the heart is...and all my manga.

This week is a very special week. Not our wedding anniversary or the first time we kissed type of specialness. Nope…it is our houses anniversary. REJOICE AT MY UNIQUENESS.

Photobucket

Our home is run by our cats...they just let us live here(credit for picture unknown)

Seriously though….roughly one year ago my husband and I were lucky enough to purchase this house. One year ago we became proud home owners and one step closer to adulthood (not quite sure when we will actually consider ourselves mature adults…if ever). And every single day I stop to think about how blessed we are to be living here.





One of the reasons I consider myself to be so lucky to own this house….is because I am FREE from the massive elephant that lived above us. After being here a year sometimes I forgot the two years of hell. And they were hell. My husband and I were well aware that living in apartments means you will hear noises from time to time. We were not expecting our upstairs neighbor to be doing jumping jacks and interpretive dance on our ceiling 24 hours a day. Whatever that stupid man was doing was loud and shook our walls. Don’t worry, we complained to management and documented it all….and they did nothing. We just gritted our teeth, blasted the radio towards the ceiling, and prayed. So thank you God that I am FAR FAR AWAY from the elephant man.

It’s nice to have our own space. Most people would consider this a starter house, but to me we have than enough room for our little family. We have our own parking spaces now and storage space in the garage. We are free to decorate anyway we want and change the layout. We are in charge! We make the rules….except the rules of the HOA XD

It’s also nice to not be throwing money away to speak. I know many people have reasons for renting and not owning. I realize that some people have to live in apartments and others simply do not want to own. But for..I like knowing I own something. Despite the fact that the housing market is less than stellar right now and that not all houses are investments….we still own a place. A bit of pride fills me when I say Our house now…as I am sure it fills every home owner.

Not everything is cupcakes and cotton candy though. Owning means that we have to replace/fix things now, not some landlord who has to OR ELSE. Taxes are a new and special part of our lives as well as the increase from rent to mortgage. And living in a developing community means construction is all around us (but nowhere NEAR the noise levels of elephant man). So…with ownership comes great responsibility. And taxes.

No matter what the drawbacks though…I still love living in this house with my husband and two fur babies. I love being able to invite my mother over to a home and not an apartment college kid style. I even love the stairs I have to climb each and every day. So Happy Anniversary House. Roughly one year ago you became ours and freed us from a life of elephant men and renting. Thank you for giving us good times and bad. And thank you for being another milestone with the man I love. Now…please continue to increase in value over the years. XD My love can only last so long!




No comments: