Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring 2009 Anime List...finally XD

I am probably the last blogger to post this type of post...but I tend to procrastinate a lot. I was waiting for a more complete list and descriptions of each show before I formed an opinion one way or another. But at least I got it done before the actual season started so I consider it a success.

With most of my shows ending this week and next week, my schedule will be rather empty. Not that I am going to be as crazy and blog every single show I watch this time around (or at least I will try not to). At the very least shows I like a lot I will blog with their own separate post while the OKAY shows will get tossed into the Weekly Anime post. That is the plan of course and I rock at following through on plans.

So on to the list we go! All information comes from a variety of sources and I give credit where credit is due. Sources include: MyAnimeList, Anime News Network, Wikipedia, and dby2k over on Crunchyroll. Some of the dates varied on some sites but that's okay as the SUBBED date will be different for me anyway.

Photobucket

Who will take your place my lovely show?! :(




Gokujo!! Mechamote-Iinchou

Photobucket

Synopsis: Mimi Kitagami is a kind, level-headed girl who aims to be the best, coolest student council president of her high school class. However, three trouble-making boys are always causing her grief — and she has a one-sided crush on one of the boys, Ushio Tōjō.

Air Date: April 4th

Number of Episodes: Unknown

Opinions: Looks cute. Perhaps aimed towards a younger audience despite it being a high school based show. I am willing to give it a whirl because I like a good romance/high school story but if I do blog about this show it will probably be under the Weekly Anime Post.


Pandora Hearts


Photobucket

Synopsis: Oz Bezarius, heir to one of the duke houses, has just turned fifteen. His life is rich and carefree, darkened only by the constant absence of his father. At his coming-of-age ceremony, however, everything changes. For no reason that he can discern, he's cast into the prison known as the "Abyss", only to be saved by a "chain" known as Alice, the bloodstained black rabbit. Why was he cast into Abyss, how does Alice factor into it all, and what does the organization known as "Pandora" want with him?

Air Date: April 2nd

Number of Episodes: 25

Opinions: Looks and sounds really interesting. That art draws me in right away and it sounds weird and bizarre. I have lost my bizarre show (To Aru Majutsu no Index) so I need a new one to take it's place. I am quite sure I will be blogging this series, possible with it's very own post.


Hana-sakeru Seishonen



Photobucket

Synopsis: Kajika is the only daughter of a global economy tycoon. She is talked in to a "Husband Hunting Game" by her father and meets three promising candidates. Then her destiny engulfs her in to a earth-shaking event.

Air Date: April 5th

Number of Episodes: Sources say 39

Opinions: Meh. I think I am more interested in learning this Earth-shaking event more than anything else. But the art does not floor me, the men looks very FABBBBBBBBBulous, and the main character looks rather scary. So..I might watch this show for kicks, but I probably won't blog about it.

Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-

Photobucket


Synopsis:The story centers on Yūri Mito, a student at the Sōsei Academy and the only son of the man who runs the Yachimata shrine. At Yachimata, there is a legend of a deity named Tayutayu-sama who protected the area, but this deity and other so-called "Tayutai" have been lost in time. Mito and his friends discover a relic on the school grounds with mysterious patterns on them. Then, at the opening ceremony of the new school year, an equally mysterious girl named Mashiro appears before Mito. Mashiro is somehow tied to the relic and the legend of Tayutayu-sama.

Air Date: April 5th

Number of Episodes: 12

Opinions: Despite this series being based on an adult game...it looks friggin cute. And I am a sucker for cute girls. Perhaps I will blog about it on my Weekly Anime post...but I doubt it can take the place in my heart that Clannad has left. But it can try. XD As long as they keep the fan service scenes down...

Natsu no Arashi!

Photobucket

Synopsis:Thirteen-year-old Yasaka is a boy staying at his grandfather's house during his summer vacation. One day he entered a store and met Arashi, a beautiful sixteen-year old girl working there. After trying to protect her from a man who claims to have been hired by her family to take her back by force, Yasaka ran away with her and now she stays at his grandpa's place with him. It didn't take much time for Yasaka to figure out that his new friend is far from an ordinary girl, as she possesses mysterious powers. The plot thickens when he finds a sixty-year-old picture of Arashi and another girl named Kaja, and to the surprise of all Kaja suddenly appears, and just like Arashi, her appearance hasn't changed at all since then.

Air Date: April 5th

Number of Episodes: 13

Opinions: Meh. The art doesn't stand out very much to me ( I get VERY picky about manga art but tend to give a little leeway with anime). The plot sounds interesting enough so maybe my snobbery will prove me wrong. I will probably watch all 13 episodes but I am not sure about blogging it at all.

07-GHOST

Photobucket

Synopsis: Ten years ago, a conflict between two powerful countries, both with a thousand years of history, led to the ruin for one of them. Teito Klein is sent to attend the Barsburg Empire's military academy after his home country Raggs Kingdom had fallen. Teito is an amnesiac and doesn't remember anything of his origins, but when he encounters a man named Ayanami, the man who killed his father in his dreams, memories comes back, and Teito finds out he was the crown prince of Raggs Kingdom.

Air Date: April 6th

Number of Episodes: Unknown

Opinions: This series looks very interesting. And complicated. But I need a complicated show on my list. I also need a battle type show as I tend to stick to romance/girly type shows. So this might be my show!!! The art looks pretty great on top of all that. This show might earn it's own little posts each week. XD Hope it ends up being good.


Eden of The East


Photobucket

Synopsis: On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be called as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory. and he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.

Air Date: April 4th

Number of Episodes: 11

Opinions: Seems a little short. I am still trying to love 12 and 13 episode long series and now they give me one with only 11? But I have heard that many people are looking forward to this series and I don't want to be left out! Not sure about blogging this series but I am willing to give it a try. It sounds different to say the least.


Shangri-La

Photobucket

Synopsis: Global warming changed Tokyo into a tropic city where privileged people live in skyscraper-town called "Atlus" while common people are forced to live in the rain forest below, constantly threatened by heavy squall and subsidence. 18-year-old Kuniko Saijo leads an armed guerrilla to fight the government.

Air Date: April 5th

Number of Episodes: Unknown

Opinions: Not quite sure. Not enough information and I am not really a fan of shows that use one piece of art work as its cover but the actual anime is in a different style. I just find it misleading. But I could be wrong and this show could blow me away. I will just wait and see if it's interesting enough to blog.


Tears To Tiara

Photobucket

Synopsis: "The Holy Empire" is gaining hegemony on the continent and Elin Island is invaded. Local girl Riannon was to be sacrificed for the Great Demon King Awron, but in the event she somehow released him from his 1,000 years bondage. They start to travel together and she becomes emotionally attached to him.

Air Date: April 6th

Number of Episodes: 11

Opinions: This is a maybe. As much fun as I make fun of Tales of the Abyss...I like watching it/making fun of it. So I will need another "gaming" series to take it's place. XD But the skanky girls might get on my nerves. I doubt this series will get its own post but I might throw it in the Weekly Anime post. Maybe.

Asura Cryin'

Photobucket

Synopsis: Tomoharu Natsume is haunted by his late childhood sweetheart Misao Minakami's ghost. The day before he enters highschool, he was handed a strange trunk from Shuri Kurosaki. Sealed in the trunk was a mechanical "Artificial Devil" Asura Machina. That night, Tomoharu is attacked by a girl dressed as a Miko who's after the trunk.

Air Date: April 4th

Number of Episodes: 13

Opinions: That synopsis makes no sense to me at all. Or at the very least it is confusing. And confusing can go either way with me. It could be really interesting or it could frustrate me to death. The art is cute and I am willing to try the ghost story when someone is ACTUALLY a ghost and not a real person everyone can see. XD We shall wait and see if this series gets its own post or if it goes on the Weekly Anime post.


And that wraps up the shows I might be watching this season. I am slightly disappointed that most of these series are so short. :( Maybe this is just tentative information and they will end up being longer. Or maybe the Summer will have longer series. But here is my list for now and I hope a few gems will come of this selection. Thanks for reading!