Monday, March 2, 2009

Shugo Chara Doki Episode 72

MOG! I think I was able to keep my word. Here is it Monday and I shall be blogging about Shugo Chara like I said i was going to! Quick, check the windows. There might be some flying pigs out there! XD

But it was fun to blog an episode by itself again. When I post one big weekly anime post I tend to write a little bit less since..I tend to get long winded and I have to edit myself. I can't help it...I have a lot to say!


Photobucket

Shugo Chara Doki: Target audience getting younger by the day.

I just wish this episode was a little more awesome to blog about....*sigh* Hopefully soon this series will get back on track and worthy of the fandom that surrounds it. But I am happy that I am one step closer to being caught up with my weekly anime. :P So please enjoy the summary and review!



Photobucket

Tuning forks: Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Amu and her Charars are off enjoying a local festival. But not really because Amu is on a diet because apparently she is fat. Out of nowhere an old crotchety lady starts bossing people, saying how deplorable the youth of Japan are (because sitting down drinking and randomly being in the same area as her=deplorable behavior). Suddenly old lady screams at Amu to take her to Lulu’s house (because Amu is wearing an “I know Lulu shirt"). Amu tries to make small talk with the woman who turns out to be Lulu’s grandmother but the old bag is too busy picking at Amu’s appearance. At Lulu’s house everyone is happy over the mother’s new commercial. But not Lulu of course, who questions what would grandmother think. Mom and Dad panic for a second, then realize all is well in the world since the grandmother is not really here. Cue the door ringing and Amu showing up with Evil Grandmother of Doom. No one is pleased but Lulu who looks like a mini me grandmother. She even agrees with her grandmother that Amu should stay for tea (of course after telling Amu to hit the road). Apparently old lady is an aristocrat which means she is better than everyone else and has the right to tell everyone what they are doing is wrong and beneath their status in life. She harps on their furniture, the lack of servants, and the mother’s line of work now…Lulu just eats all this up and praises grandmother for saying the things she has been saying all along. Grandmother even accuses them of running away to Japan to get away from her. Amu finally gets to run away back to her own family. Of course the new commercial featuring Lulu’s mom comes on and they all think it is awesome..Lulu’s parents are trying to figure out a game plan on how to survive this situation and note that Lulu is acting a little bit different than usual. Then there are a series of clips of Ikuto still being lost, cold, and in pain. EASTER is apparently causing him great pain with the tuning fork of doom. Not sure what they are trying to accomplish, but it fails. So now Ikuto is only starving and in a little bit of pain. Yoru still worries :(.

Photobucket

Ikuto is starving and she wants to diet?

Amu is off drinking some milk so her boobs can grow when Nana barges in. She wants to go help Lulu out from her overbearing grandmother. Nana explains that when the grandmother is around Lulu gets even snottier and she will never find her would be self this way. Amu decides that the grandmother just wants what is best for Lulu and she must be nice deep down. Nana is understandably pissed. Lulu and her grandmother are having a conversation while drinking some tea. Her grandmother seems to be a little nicer now and is asking why Lulu isn’t pursuing her drawing and mad color skills anymore. Lulu says that she was a child when she did that and now she is focused on helping her mother regain her former glory. Oh…and she does like making jewelry but she has felt unsatisfied with it lately. Then grandmother decides to be rude and insult some cooking made by the family. She deems it ONLY acceptable and they are happy she didn’t kill them. Grandmother decides to go visit Amu at school to see if Amu is an adequate friend. While doing so she manages to insult all the Guardians (minus Rima who looks like she doesn’t care). So the Guardians are kinda happy when grandmother and Amu leave.

Photobucket

Yay for sacrificing your friends! XD

Amu and grandmother go sit down on a nearby bench even though Amu wants to run away. Grandmother starts off the conversation by saying Japanese kids are careful which leads me to believe everything else she is going to say is crap. She starts reminiscing about the good old days when Lulu was happy and colored…but now she is different and just like her. Amu denies that she thinks the grandmother is really rude and needs to tone down the attitude. Grandmother explains that she was raised to be this evil since she is a viscountess and all that jazz. She had to give up her dreams to focus on protecting her family. But now she wants Lulu to have a carefree life! Because that makes sense. Amu arrives at Lulu’s house and Lulu is pretty pissed, claiming that Amu is not her friend and she needs to die in a fire. Grandma goes and tells Mom that she understands why they left for Japan: to help Lulu find her true self. Of course Lulu is off looking for a lost soul. She finds someone who wants to eat two kinds of snacks. Nana is like…err, that is a lame reason but Lulu uses her anyway. Said girl transforms and starts turning everyone’s food into some gross combination. Amu arrives on the scene and declares this all stupid. She transforms and is like SORRY for hurting your feelings, you dream is awesome. Girl is healed and all is well in the world except for Nana who tells Lulu she will never get the embryo that way. Amu and Lulu go to the airport to bid grandma by bye. Lulu promises to restore her mom to her former awesomeness and grandmother says that Lulu needs to focus on her OWN dreams. Apparently Lulu has never thought of her own dream before and ends the episode deep in thought.

Photobucket

Cute transformation...dumb dream.

Well, this episode is full of special. Being as it is a filler episode and that in revolved around Lulu…I thought it was going to be very special so no surprises for me. Still…bleh.

Photobucket

Quick! Tuck in all shirts!

This show has really gone downhill in terms of finding your true self. Do you remember that writers? Amu has three Charas because she is that confused on how she is? That kids have dreams they think they can’t reach? Yeah, those dreams do not include some kid who wants to eat two snacks at once. Amu’s first reaction was correct: STUPID! You have been reaching for a while now and this is the icing on the cake. Next week someone won’t be able to decide what shoes to wear and their DREAM will be ruined! ….But not really. Let’s focus on kids wanting to be scientists and carpenters again.

Photobucket

I SAID THIS IS YOUR DREAM OKAY!!!

Lulu’s grandmother is a bitch. The end. Seriously, she is a hateful person and I would run away to Japan to get away from her too. The fact she thinks she is above everyone else and tries to excuse her behavior by how she was raised makes me laugh. “I was treated like crap when I was younger so I am allowed to treat everyone else like crap”. No, raised I should say. She gets to Japan, yells at a few youth who are basically…minding their own business, and she picks a random girl to take her to Lulu’s house. Great first impressions and assumptions.

Photobucket

And who are you again?

But had she just been an evil grandmother I would have been so upset at her behavior. But no no, it can’t be that simple. She has to be a giant contradiction or the world’s biggest hypocrite. Because after she is done telling people they are doing things wrong and that they need to be more proper…she tells Lulu and Amu she wants Lulu to live a more carefree life. Let’s take a moment to digest that information.

Photobucket

Of course you are not an evil old lady...

Lulu’s grandmother…is confused why Lulu is a stuck up bitch unable to find her dream…MMM I WONDER WHY!!!! Perhaps Lulu picked up on your hypocritical nature and tried her best to be the person she thinks you want her to be?! I mean…what is there to be so confused about? Lulu is trying to make her mother more worthy, just like Ms Grandmother is always trying to do. And yet she talks about how Lulu isn’t such a happy carefree girl.

Photobucket

When people recoil in horror....you are not a good person.

And she gets on the plane still not getting it. Lulu’s mother ran away to Japan because of the grandmother! She says it was for Lulu and it was true. But because Lulu was being negatively influenced by her grandmother. Japan is not a place where kids magically flourish. Lulu is going to get better because you ain’t around Granny. It just amuses me that she thinks she helped Lulu out in some way..delusions are always fun!

Photobucket

Sorry, it is all your fault.

In a way Amu was both cute and stupid in this episode. Cute because she tries to see the good in people and stupid because she tries to see the good in people. I mean, it is nice that kids respect their elders and realize that some people express themselves in confusing ways. But there has to be a line drawn. Elders are not supposed to scream and yell at strangers because they think they know best. Elders are not supposed to go into people’s houses (uninvited) and insult the cooking and décor of their hosts. I guess Amu is just a little naive…and I wish she wasn’t.

Photobucket

More truth please!!!

I want Amu to be a little smarter than that. Yes it is nice being a little naïve and thinking the best of everyone. But sometimes the truth is necessary. So yes Amu, that dream was stupid. It is okay to tell that person it’s really not a true to eat two snacks at once. It is okay to tell Lulu her grandmother sucks. It is okay to not be rainbows and kittens and ice cream.

Photobucket

FAIL! It was lame.

But I suppose it is good that we see where Lulu gets her attitude from. She comes from really nice parents so I was confused on why she was so bitter and entitled. I am not really impressed with how Lulu cheers on her grandmother bashing her parents. Nor am I impressed with her mad coloring skills.

Photobucket

Go Lulu....so supportive of your parents..

I thought this episode was going to mark the departure of Lulu. I thought that she was going to realize that she needs to be her own person and pursue her own dreams. I really thought she was going to stop working for EASTER after using the friend of the week like this…but no :( I did not get my wish. But how the episode ended makes me think that soon I will. YAY FOR NO MORE LULU!

Photobucket

Dreams? Like the ones I've been stealing?

And maybe with Lulu gone we can get more Ikuto. Because…I am realllllllllllly tired of Ikuto’s story line. How long can Ikuto walk around the city starving and in pain? How come no one is noticing this poor kid? And are we going to find out that his mom is worried about him or anything? I guess this week we got a little bit more in his plot line…but who hadn’t realized that the violin was causing Ikuto pain? I am just….bleh. This is making Ikuto boring and I don’t want Ikuto to be boring. SAVE IKUTO NOW!

Photobucket

Hurry before I start losing fans!!!!

The Guardians were just side dressing this week…but funny side dressing. XD Poor Tadase having one of the worst Chara changes. I think Yaya got what was coming to her but I doubt she will learn. I seriously doubt that Nadeshiko made that tea wrong and he really needs to act like his (her) own self! :( But why wasn’t Rima tested? I would have loved to see her face …like I don’t care lady! I was robbed of that…sadness to me.

Photobucket

Nadeshiko is too awesome to make such a mistake.

So…This week was just okay. I am tired of just okay though. I want great episodes that fans are waiting for. I want some real plot and not episodes that make me want to tear my hair out. I want real friends of the week with real dreams. I want Amu to actually come closer to her would be self. I WANT TO SEE DIA!!!! So please….after next week’s ANNOYING episode, give the viewers what they want PLEASE!




No comments: