Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Busters episode 3

4th post today!! Woohoo for me! Perhaps drinking lemonade and eating chocolate cake right before bed was a bad idea. But yay for 4 posts in one day. Maybe I will be completely caught up before I go on my weekend in the middle of the week trip woohoo! Do I use the word woohoo too much?
Photobucket
Now I know who not to lend things to...
Up yes before I either paint the entire house or pass out from overloading on sugar one more post! Up now is Little Busters episode 3. Spoilers for Riki finding more girls. Shocking I know.
Photobucket
Being outside playing a sport....I do not think so.
Episode Summary: Riki explains to the viewers more about his narcolepsy and how he has had this condition all his life. He doesn’t dream during this time and he wakes up like nothing has ever happened. He walks around the school and sees Komari who is new to Riki’s condition. Kyousuke, Masato, and Kengo also walk up and Riki comments that those three and Rin are always there to support him after an attack and to smile at him. Speaking of Rin she walks by all sleeping and Kyousuke is excited as it means it is early morning baseball practice. Kengo leaves while the others are like…do we really have to do this? There is talk about how they still don’t have enough players and probably won’t be able to find any 3rd years who are stupid enough to join. Kyousuke is like OH I SEE. So they decide they probably will only get crazy people. Yay. In class Masato returns a book he borrowed from Riki but it is in terrible condition. Before Riki can burn the thing a girl from another class named Haruka comes to bother Riki. She wanted to borrow a book from a friend but instead borrows the book from Riki. Riki tries to warn her but ends up trippin over a desk belonging to a student named Yuiko. She has 100’s on all her tests and Riki explains that while she is a genius she is rarely in class.
Photobucket
And then it was time to run away.
Cut to break time and Riki can’t get a coffee from the vending machine because they are sold out. The mysterious Yuiko appears and says she can give Riki some coffee. She takes him to the saddest set of table and chairs ever. She tells Riki to sit down but he doesn’t want to miss class. Yuiko and her crazy anger/authoritative voice command Riki to sit and he does…and the chair breaks. Riki is not pleased with the joke and Yuiko says it is funny despite never smiling. Riki does eventually sit down and Yuiko talks about how she likes cute things and Riki looks like the kind of person who would be picked on, thus making him cute. She talks about the late bell sounding different outside and how she wants to do fun things. She doesn’t answer why she skips school all the time and Riki ends up leaving as the bell makes him X__X. He is attacked by Haruka who is upset that his book smells like nasty food. He tries to defend himself but it leads to more antics.
Photobucket
Masato challenging a girl...I see. I SEE!
Lunch time comes around and once again Masato is upset at Kengo. Apparently Masato has a hard time reading and understanding the Japanese language and this is all Kengo’s fault. The two prepare to fight when Yuiko arrives and says the two should not be fighting at school and being stupid. Kengo leaves and warns Masato not to challenge the girl. Masato doesn’t listen and Riki and Rin watch as Masato challenges Yuiko and Yuiko continues to insult Masato. Kyousuke eventually shows up and declares it battle time. Yuiko is thrown a plastic sword and Masato is thrown a child’s game. Masato tries to make the game work but Yuiko is well equipped with her sword. She eventually resorts to actually hitting and kicking Masato which is against the rules. She declares Masato the winner and walks away, pissing Masato off. Later the Little Busters go to practice their baseball more despite not having enough members. Yuiko shows up and dramatically strips, showing her baseball uniform. She says it is unfair they are all having fun without her and demands to be apart of the team. THE END!
Photobucket
Break into song now!
I love how I go from watching Shin Sekai Yori, the land of insanity and apparently tons of underage sex to Little Busters, where things couldn’t be any fluffier if they tried. Of course things will probably turn tragic at one point given the source material but as long as it isn’t as X___X as Tragic Love Chocolate and Politics….I think I will stand by the fluffiness for now. And maybe I need a bit of fluffy in between all these serious shows.
Photobucket
Is it time to sing the friendship song?
I feel bad for Riki. I know having any illness is hard but falling asleep at random is so dangerous. Can people with that condition even drive? I know that Riki is still a teenager but I am sure this condition will affect what kind of jobs he can have in the future which might lead to depression. Good thing he has friends to support him now but the future might be iffy. Of course I don’t know why this condition would limit the amount of friends he has. Yes his parents dying was sad but he made it sound like no one wanted to be his friend for this reason too. It’s not like he sleeps for years at a time and really misses out on life.
Photobucket
That's probably a very good question.
The banter during early morning practice was special. I have a feeling I will be experiencing a lot of special with this show. Pointing out that Kyousuke really isn’t focusing on his future and is a weird 3rd yearer was funny. Like um did you guys really say that? I am not sure I would continue to make Rin the picture for the mere fact that she might accidentally kill Masato. Also getting up that early in the morning no fun! Kengo hasn’t come over to the dark side yet because he is a stick in the mud. Overall…a lot of crazy for so early in the morning.
Photobucket
Um no one knows freak.
Haruka did a drive by shooting basically yes? Masato misusing the book like that was gross. I would have been like okay now go buy me another book since you ruined this one. But Haruka just stomped in and apparently Riki is her friend. Oh okay. Let me loan you this smelly book so you can beat me up later about it. I just thought her scenes were super abrupt. Like quick this show needs more girls! I thought maybe this episode was going to be about her so when it wasn’t I was like oh….so it’s a drive by shooting friend. I see indeed.
Photobucket
Guess who Riki meets in a few minutes?!
I also thought talking about Yuiko right before her scene came up felt a bit forced. Like everything has to through a series of motions and the directors couldn’t make it go any smoother than it is right now. Which is sad yes? Oh let me trip over someone’s desk so we can talk about her being the smartest girl in class. Couldn’t find any other way to get that information across so let’s just get it done with. Funny how the smartest kids in animes never go to school. XD Why don’t they get in trouble?
Photobucket
And nothing else looked good?
As a side note does the coffee that comes out of the Japanese vending machines really taste like coffee? The husband and I tried a variety of drinks while we were there but we didn’t have coffee. In fact I have never had coffee to drink. XD So I am not sure why I am asking this. Probably because I find it odd that teenagers are drinking it as coffee in the US is more of an over worked adult drink. So is it water downed over there or is it pretty strong still?
Photobucket
Um....its time to run away now.
So anyway Riki couldn’t get his coffee during break and he almost had a sad moment. Good thing that his stalker Yuiko had some for him. Yes I called her a stalker. This girl never comes to class but seems to have a lot of knowledge about Riki and his friends. She does state later that they are famous around the school for their antics but I think she knows a lot more than that. Waiting for Riki to get his coffee and such. Knowing they had a baseball team. STALKER!
Photobucket
Charmed I'm sure.
So what did I think of Yuiko? That she is……channeling quite a few people. Who are insane. She wants to have fun yet the way she says it and the expression on her face do not match the words. She likes cute things but her definition of cute might not be the same was mine. She also thinks it is cute that Riki might be bullied so that is why she broke the chair? Also if this is where Yuiko hangs out instead of going to class…she needs a new hiding spot. Overall weird girl but I am sure she will have a heart of gold deep down. She just wants friends ya’ll.
Photobucket
I know I am the world's worst speller but give me a break!
I might get a little tired of Masato and Kengo’s little fights every episode. Maybe if they were every once and a while it would be okay. But not every single episode over the same issue. I know the Japanese language is complex but it concerns me when Japanese people themselves get confused. What hope do I have then?! But yes sorry Kengo you can’t read and stop getting embarrassed and blaming it on Kengo. It isn’t working for you.
Photobucket
No, no he doesn't.
The Masato and Yuiko fight wasn’t all that interesting either. It was a lot of talk and not a lot of action. I do like that Yuiko decided that she wasn’t the winner because she cheated but Masato never had a chance with that lame toy. Almost like these gags would be funny if they used less of them. Also Yuiko should have stood her ground, that these boys are being pretty disruptive and affect the other students. Maybe she should have said she was fighting Masato to end all the fights. Maybe that is what she was doing. But yeah another fight with Masato not standing a chance. Who the heck thought that was going to win?
Photobucket
Watch out for I am the best player you got now!
This leads us to the end of the episode, with the Little Busters practicing again for the baseball team. I think it would go better if they practice the basics first. Like everyone running, everyone pitching, everyone bating. But that would make sense and we can’t have this show making sense okay. Speaking of which…behold Yuiko is here. She wants to have fun too ya’ll and has declared herself part of the team. Apparently she doesn’t need any exam to be on the team as she hits the ball pretty decently. I think this was all very sudden but Komari was recruited the same way. So I guess we are going to get a girl a day until we reach a team of 9. Fun.
Photobucket
You have to earn it first!!!
So yeah….this show is mighty special indeed. A lot of funny gags that might grow old as the show goes on. Seems very formulaic. I wish there was more build up before recruiting girls. Like maybe Riki has to help them with a problem or they have more interaction before deciding to join the team. The Little Busters was a close group beforehand. The new members can’t just join like that! What’s the rush?! X__X Oh wait a super large cast? I see now….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I've been making many comparisons to other animes (Blood-C, G Gundam, idolm@ster, Toradora, etc.) but the characters in this show reminds me too much of other characters. I know this was an original story made by creators of Clannad. However, I can't help but make comparisons. I mean, this new girl is almost a match of Yozora Miki from Boku Wa Tomodachi. Yozora wanted friends, but she was cruel and mean. This new girl was almost as mean as Yozora (bullying Riki because its cute), but she does it with a smile and wants to be part of a team of friends. I guess I've watched too many animes and learned to pick out the character types and narrative formulas.

eternia said...

To put it more precisely, there are total of six girls that Riki may 'befriend'. Nine, if they are going to animate the EXtra girls as well.

The introduction feels a bit weird, because these people are supposed to have known each other already, studying in the same school and all, not mentioning they are in 2nd year now.

Nah, Yozora was picking a fight all the time. But Yuiko doesn't. She loves to tease the boys, but she's treating all the girls very well, thinking herself as their 'onee-san'.

Anonymous said...

Hello @Eternia

First anonymous here.

About the Yozora/Yuiko match, it's simply first impression. Yuiko character design reminds me of Yozora Mikazuki with the long hair, uniform, and strange attitude. The first moment I saw her, I immediately thought of Yozora. But I figured that they are fundamentally different characters now that you explained Yuiko a bit.

elior said...

just wait until you see episode 4 becouse that where the drama begin

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think once one watches enough animes everyone starts looking a like. Because Yuiko is just like a girl from a certain Zombie/Magical. Just like her. A mean girl with the heart of gold. At least the girls have personalities. Usually in harems the guys are blank so males can pretend to be him and they can't pretend as well if he was SHOCK different from them.

Eternia- Yuiko really does love the ladies. In episode 4 she was all about spending time with the Little Busters because Komari and Rin are cute. XD

But yes RIki stumbling into new people...very special. Even more so that two of them so far have been in his own class! Like I know high school people have a core group. I did. But I still new other people. X___X

I think from now on one should just assume Masato starts the fight and the others egg him on because they want to see what dumb weapon he uses against them.

Elior- I didn't know egg books were so serious!

asmaa ali said...

شركة نقل اثاث بحائل
شركة نقل اثاث ببريدة
شركة نقل اثاث بالقصيم
شركة نقل اثاث بحفر الباطن
شركة نقل اثاث برابغ
شركة نقل عفش بشرورة