Thursday, July 5, 2012

Tenchi's 4th of July!

Hello there my lovely readers! Happy 4th of July!
Photobucket
Nothing say GO AMERICA like a Disney shop full of stuff made in China weeeee!
Or that is what I would have said...yesterday...if I woke up on time to blog something before hitting the road. XD I can't be on time for anything can I? So....lets see how I spent the wonderful day the United States of America decided they hated Britain and made a piece of paper saying so YAY!
Photobucket
First stop on Tenchi walks 15 miles is the Discount Disney Store that is near/in St. Augustine. Only that's not it's real name. XD For those interested this store has left over merchandise from random parks/resorts at some times deep discounts.
Photobucket
This store has tons of clothing which is still a TAD bit expensive for cheapo me...but a great deal for other people. What I really go to this store for is the discounted Disney pins. I buy all the cheap ones (sometimes as low as $1.99 but usually $2.99/$3.99) and then trade them when I get to the actual Disney parks. XD Go me! For some reason I see this as saving tons of money whereas my husband sees it as me spending more money that I usually would on something.
Photobucket
St. Augustine Premiere outlet stores is where you can find this haven of pins and HUGE Duffy bears that were only $20 and of course I bought one! So before you go to the Disney parks...buy your stuff here first. XD
Photobucket
After dragging the husband around the Disney Store it was time to make it to the historical part of St. Augustine. We made it there SUPER EARLY as to get a better parking spot as to not be trapped for an hour after the fireworks. Spoiler alert: HAHAHA.....Although I think the husband was motivated by food. All of this was only 5.50 folks! XO Seems like a lot to me!
Photobucket
And this is the tiny place in the middle of nowhere despite being on a main street. I was like X__X I had no idea this was there my dear friend. You have to pass a huge chocolate shop and eat in a...well not so historical area but this was some cheap yet good eatings for an expensive place like St. Augustine.
Photobucket
Apparently there are SIGNS for this place and I just never noticed them the other dozen times I went to St. Augustine. Sue me!
Photobucket
Since I hate good deals except when it comes to tiny pieces of plastic I decided to get a random piece of pizza. I believe we paid 4 dollars for this slice and it was enough to get me through most of the walking in the afternoon. Now where was it....At the TINY pizza place, where all the seating is squished to the right side of the wall. Because obviously you are all going to fly to St. Augustine tomorrow just because I am posting this. XD
Photobucket
After I was done eating my random pizza we were greeted with this sight....A 4th of July parade! And here is the entire parade folks! YAY TEA PARTY! According to their brochure that they gave my husband and not us little ladies because maybe we can't read they don't want to pay any taxes at all but increase everyone's wages by 10 percent. Because. And Obama sucks. YAY PARADES!
Photobucket
After that exciting parade I went to the next building that promised AC. Only we stumbled inside a Greek...church I think? A memorial to people who never even lived in St. Augustine? I have no idea. Look people wearing horns for sandals!
Photobucket
ARG! It is time to get out of the sun and see Captain Jack Sparrow made out of car parts!
Photobucket
WEEEE! Last 4th of July we went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum but we had to leave because the workers wanted to see the fireworks. They gave us VIP passes for the next time we came to make up for that and we decided to use them today. A boring piece of cloth?
Photobucket
OH SNAP! Must be aliens. Good thing I brought my resident alien detector.
Photobucket
I think there were 4 major structures made out of matches in the museum.
Photobucket
The fact that there are so many people out there bored enough to make match stick buildings scares me. Also...do they go through the registers with 4839374 boxes of matches and no one says anything? I would be like SECURITY!
Photobucket
This dress was made of coffee filters! X____X
Photobucket
The bust of this dress was made out of used paint brushes. All of the "special" dresses were made by kids under the age of 18. X__X I am 28 and I can't even make dinner.
Photobucket
Pirate section of the museum. I WAS going to put Erio in the eyeball but some damn kids and their damn hands made me rethink that decision. How does Danny Choo get all his pictures without fear of someone snatching his nendoroids/dollies up?
Photobucket
Time to leave the museum and find some noms at the busiest Dairy Queen ever. For those who want to know St. Augustine got REALLY busy around 6:30. With people carrying car loads of stuff to sit by the fort with. Also you don't get a picture of the front of the cool museum because I'm in it. XD
Photobucket
Us waiting in line for the potties before we made our way to the fort. Us ladies decided that that male bathroom would be used as a universal bathroom. The two guys in line were quickly made aware of that fact. XD
Photobucket
Here is the barge that all the explosions will taking place. Yay America! Lets blow it up!
Photobucket
This is Erio waving at the barge. Right before the fireworks started the damn barge started up and moved to the other side of the fort. Like this is how it ended up being. HERE FORT THERE. The barge traveled over to THERE and the fort blocked us seeing the barge. Everyone was like WFT is that all about?! Some people left to go get a better view but our crazy group of leap frogging Asians and MOG KISS SO CUTE random white kids stayed. Go us. And Go Friend for buying a bubble blower to attack those people with.
Photobucket
WOOHOO! Time for explosions yay!
Photobucket
MOG is that a hidden Mickey?!
Photobucket
Overall it was a pretty fun display. I guess the people on the THERE side got to hear the actual music but explosions need no sound but booms right?!
Photobucket
And then right after the explosions we were stuck in traffic for an hour because the car in front of us kept getting cut off WOOHOO! My friend turned into the hulk and MOVED the barrier blocking the other side of the road and off we went with an entire road of people behind us. What you gonna do cops? You ain't directing traffic?!...I live life on the edge folks. Because I am a American. Or at least my husband is since he is a white male and I live my life through him. YAY TEA PARTY WEEE! Okay no we actually had a great time today and I only walked 10 miles. That is my exercise for the whole year so the 4th of July was good for something. Did you enjoy the most random post ever? X___X

No comments: