Thursday, July 19, 2012

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate episode 2

Hello there my lovely readers! I have so much to blog yet not much ever gets done. XD Perhaps I am watching way too many shows or I am spending too much time on the internets reading and doing other things. Just let it be known that I always start the day off with the best intentions on being productive and at the end of it I am still clicking away at links about silly “celebrities” doing stupid things or finding Disney things I want to buy. It just happens folks. XD
Photobucket
Clearly it is the end of the world folks!
And today was no different!! XD Talks of trips in September and October lead me to click links and daydream in my head. I mean…a The Walking Dead haunted house? My attention has been diverted! But up now is the amazing show of Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate episode 2! At times like this I wish I would just use the dang English versions of the titles. But I don’t because I has the specials. Spoilers for this show hating poor people. ENJOY!
Photobucket
What do you mean you won't be our slave?!?
Episode Summary: Yuuki is pretty shocked that everyone has elected him to run for president of the student council. Yuuki sees it as being lazy as everyone else is like yay unity! Chisato announces as president of the Snack Club she orders Yuuki to run for president of the student council. It then morphs into a dream or memory of baby Chisato and Yuuki wishing someone a happy wedding day. The lovely bride says this young couple must be in love as well. Yuuki seems confused about the topic so Chisato tries to explain this to him. This sends teenager Yuuki out of dream land and into reality….where Chisato is laying in his bed and his hand is on her boobie. She allows for this despite the fact he is calling her a pervert. She tries to talk to Yuuki about the student council business again but he threatens to quit the club if she forces him to go through with it. Chisato reports to the club about what Yuuki has done and everyone is pretty upset. Yume volunteers to get Yuuki back and proceeds to call the boy. He tells Yuuki that after their night of passion he is now with child and Yuuki can’t leave his baby right? Yuuki hangs up and the girls are like…you are stupid.
Photobucket
I think the name is pretty self explanatory.....
Yuuki and his new found freedom decide to take a walk around town (in his school uniform) trolling for girls. He soon comes across the girls who were running in the first episode. One is named Ayumu but none can get Yuuki’s name right which pisses him off. Next Yuuki is nearly run over by some chick on a bike. Unfortunately Yuuki does not die and the culprit turns out to be Satsuki. You know the girl trying to smash the Snack Club into pieces? Yuuki spends the next 5 minutes apologizing to her and Satsuki is like dude I nearly killed you. She bikes off and Yuuki thinks he is the luckiest guy in the world. Yuuki eventually gets himself to the school to turn in the key that the random girl dropped on the ground last week. As anime magic would have it said girl is at school looking for her keys! The girl Isara thanks Yuuki a million times and Yuuki is like oh so do you belong to any clubs before remembering that poor people aren’t allowed to join clubs because they are poor. She runs off to work because that is what poor people do and Yuuki continues on his way.
Photobucket
I'm also here to see hot girls!
Yuuki makes it outside to find Satsuki has broken her bike into a million pieces. Or the chain popped off and he fixes it in five seconds. Then Yuuki decides to have an awkward conversation about why she wants to close the club down. Satsuki gives good reasons and then encourages Yuuki to run as well as it is the club’s last hope. Yuuki has a lot to think about and goes on his merry away again. Only he is flung to the ground by two guys and they decide to beat him up. Only Yakumo the current student council president is like back off my faithful bodyguards. For some reason Yuuki implies he is going to run for the position (well being made to run) and Yakumo wishes him luck as the club will need saving. He says a lot of other stuff but Yuuki was like where are my hot girls at?! Yuuki ends up back at the Snack Club to see Nozomi’s newest creation has blown up and created a huge mess. Yuuki breaks out into an inspirational speech, that they need to come together and elect one of them to run for president to save their useless club from being disbanded. Yuuki thought he was talking up Chisato to take the job but SURPRISE he is elected to run again. Yuuki has no choice but to run but expects the others to help him. Chisato and Yuuki walk home together. Chisato buys him a chocolate bar as she hates chocolate…or so she says looking all sad. THE END!


Well isn’t this a hot mess of a show. Hot mess indeed. But since I am blogging it am I am a hot mess too? I am not even a boy so I should be able to avoid things like this yes? XO Maybe I just like snacks and want to see all the lovely Japanese noms these kids will be eating.
Photobucket
So I suck and can't join clubs.
But lets get one thing straight. This show is awful. And do you know why I can say that? Because of what Isara said. Or rather what her character is going through. Like really folks? A low income scholarship student isn’t allowed to join a club? What the hell kind of rule is that? Oh sorry smart kid. Since your family is poor you are only allowed to attend classes at our school. Oh and use the bathroom. But you can’t join clubs, something that most kids do in Japan and the main way people form friendships because we can’t let poor kids have fun okay. Now run along to work poor little girl.
Photobucket
Oh crap I didn't realize that you sucked. My apologizes.
Apparently I have the angers on this subject. Which a normal person should. Barely took any time in the show yet made me so angry. I don’t think I can articulate correctly why this is such a horrible thing. I am sure everyone can see why though. Creating two different classes of people at the same school for what purpose? So the poor kids can be bullied? So the poor kids can quit school and the school can go back to catering to kids with money as to not look like they are discriminating? I know this entire scenario exists so when Yuuki runs for student council president he can do away with this rule and that is nice…but it shouldn’t have existed in the first place.
Photobucket
I order you to do my dirty work HAHA!
Going back to the beginning of the episode…I thought it was funny that Yuuki called everyone out on what they were doing. Yay lets save the Snack Club by volunteering Yuuki to run for president. That way he can take on the responsibility and everyone else can still have fun in the club. They do realize that if Yuuki does become president he won’t be able to be in that club anymore right? Of course the main point of this show could be just to melt Satsuki’s heart and make her not want to close the club and everyone wins…still Yuuki did have the right to be pissed.
Photobucket
We are cute and adorable so of course we will marry each other one day.
That dream about the wedding and Chisato and Yuuki being cute little kids…was semi cute. Probably would have been more cute if I didn’t know that most churches in Japan are just fake places to stage weddings. :( But then again I got married in a church that I wasn’t a member of simply because it was pretty. So I am going to be over here in the hypocrite corner blogging this okay? But the dress was pretty and that is all that matters right? Oh and Chisato and Yuuki saying they are going to be married in the future without knowing what love is (at least on Yuuki’s part) was semi cute. It appears the girl next door is going to get the guy in an anime series woohoo!
Photobucket
Stop trying to take away my innocence!
Yuuki touching Chisato’s boobie…and him not being flung across the room….I am shocked. I mean the initial touching was not his fault as she was in his bed bothering him but then the afterthought squeezing? Thought he was going to make a dent in the wall or something. Chisato must be in love if she allows such behavior. Now whether or not she knows that….well we will just have to see.
Photobucket
I hate you all the end!
Yuuki says he was going to quit the club if they make him run for president. Now that might have been a little overdramatic. I get that he doesn’t want that pressure and it was unfair of them all…but that probably is not the best way to keep friends. Maybe he could have suggested becoming a better club so they wouldn’t get shut down at all? That way they could be legitimate and no one would have to be president.
Photobucket
Not Ayumu but she doesn't know his name either.
But apparently Yuuki needed to take a walk around town and bump into more characters….I mean students so we can meet them all. First up was Ayumu and her friends. If you want more information about these girls….well I guess you are going to have to look elsewhere cause I don’t know either. All I know is that that she and her friends like to run around town. And that no one knows how to pronounce his last name. I am thinking it might be a sexual joke at this point.
Photobucket
Did I scratch your bike when you ran into me?! SO SORRY!
Next Yuuki runs into the girl running for president and the one who wants to shut down the club. Ms. Satsuki herself. The first meeting with her was pure stupidity. So much bowing and apologizing when it was her that plowed into Satsuki. Oh and more of the name nonsense. Yuuki was clearly taken with her and thus the conversation wasn’t going anywhere the first time around.
Photobucket
I thought Bow-kun was a cute nickname.
When Yuuki runs into Satsuki later he doesn’t land on his butt and he saves the day by fixing her bike chain. I would make fun of Satsuki not being able to fix it herself but I pay people way too much money to change my oil. So you know….XD But then Yuuki Bow-kun and Satsuki had a proper conversation. One that I thought was going to be much more awkward than it actually was. Like oh you should really run against me so you can save your club. I like how she made him think about what the club really meant to him. She is clearly hiding something on why she wants to shut down the club but her argument makes sense, the club is useless. Actually most of what she says made sense, a horse only wins a race if it enters. Will Yuuki follow her advice because it is good or because she is a pretty girl? XD
Photobucket
Because you know I am poor and all.
Last on this train ride of hot girls is Isara. You know the super poor girl who isn’t allowed to join clubs? Yeah I guess I already touched on that. They really drove that point home though right when they were talking about her being relieved she didn’t have to pay for a new set of keys. I wonder how Yuuki will get to know her since he will be busy with his club and running for student council president. Maybe she will become an unofficial member or something.
Photobucket
How dare you walk down the hall!!!
So after meeting all the hotties…Yuuki was nearly killed in the hallways at school. Which are massive by the way. But yes he walked down the wrong hall and the current president has some serious bodyguards. Yes I said bodyguards folks. Nothing says run for office as showing how dangerous said office is. Good thing that Yuuki met with all those girls earlier in the day or his day off would have been ruined.
Photobucket
I'll close my eyes so you wouldn't feel weird president dude.
Did we all notice that current president Yakumo never opened his eyes? Can he see? Maybe that is why his bodyguards are so zealous in protecting him. Anyway I am really not feeling Yakumo supporting Yuuki for running for student council president. Yuuki and his club can do whatever they want but as the current president shouldn’t Yakumo want more that someone who doesn’t want their Snack Club closing down? I mean it is a do or die position for the group and maybe that is what Yakumo is supporting but I think he should have tried to dissuading Yuuki. Have those hardcore bodyguards come back and show him what is up.
Photobucket
That will surely make Yuuki come back to the club room.
So while Yuuki is meeting everyone in town what is the Snack Club doing? Exploding things, talking about a Yuuki roll, and trying to get Yuuki to come back. The attempt to get Yuuki back though was pretty half hearted and I doubt it was serious. Well maybe Yume is insane and does think that Yuuki got him pregnant. The girls weren’t impressed but none of them tried to get Yuuki back so I guess they can’t say much either. And the only thing Nozomi succeeded in doing was show why the club should be shut down. They might blow up the whole school.
Photobucket
Did Satsuki's talk get to Yuuki or was it the current president?
Despite no one in the club really trying to get him back Yuuki eventually makes it to the club room and says while everyone has merit to close them down Yuuki defends the club. Then in a surprising turn of events Yuuki breaks out into an super inspirational speech. That they must think about the future of the club and hold their own election to pick the best possible candidate. That the person they pick must be smart, well spoken, and…well hot. But besides the hot point Yuuki does work up the group and makes a lot of sense.
Photobucket
Why would I be the logic choice silly pants?
And it all blows up in his face spectacularly. Like 4th of July fireworks all over his eyeballs. He thought he was working up the group to vote for Chisato. He even stood behind her while giving his epic speech. Yet everyone still voted for him. Obviously the synopsis for this show told us who was going to run but it was still funny to see Yuuki look so shocked. Chisato and her unlady like sitting self was like….why me? HAHAHA!
Photobucket
Now run along and create useless clubs in the future.
So there we have it folks. I hope the entire show blows up due to the poor student angle and….oh yeah we saw someone’s underage ass. At least I think it was ass. Maybe it was just underwear and the censors are just that special. That would be stupid though and we all know this show is not stupid.

2 comments:

eternia said...

Are we weird for watching this show? Unlike SAO, it only gets one review on MAL, and it's ranked 2322nd.
XD
Chisato's "WHY ME?" face is priceless, also Yume the gay, and Nozomi, the crazy loli whom should be put into daycare.
Let's make a bet while it's still early. Which route will this anime adaptation take?
Is it the childhood friend?
Is it the poor girl?
Is it the student council president candidate?
Is it the shorty who's the only one not in uniform? (I wonder if she's a ghost whom only they can see)
I will take my bet on the student council president candidate.

Christina said...

Eternia- I am surprised it is rank that high. XD Are there only 2322 animes in the world then? Clearly we are torturing ourselves by watching this crap.

Normally I would not pick the childhood friend and go with the obvious choice of the outsider, in this case the student council candidate. But for some reason I think Chisato is going come out the "winner" of the pairing. Maybe once we get to this cast of...lovely people I will change my mind but for now Chisato seems to have the edge. Maybe we will both be surprised and Yume will take home the gold!! XD