Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Aime Series! Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate episode 1!

Hello there my lovely readers!!! How are you doing today? Are you spending the day hard at work or are you being a lazy slug like me? So lazy indeed. Unless you count playing Facebook Games as productive. Then I am being amazing and saving the world. I think I blame my cat…just lounging around and enticing me to do the same. Yeah folks I just blamed my cat for me being lazy.
Photobucket
Oh...such high hopes for this show....so very, very high.
However there are other things I can do all snuggled in my bed besides watch trashy TV. Like watch…amazing nontrashy animes. DUH! So without further ado…another anime from the Summer 2012 Tenchi List WEEE! Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate episode 1! Spoilers for….some kind of crazy?
Photobucket
It looks way too cold to be sneaking around. I will spy in the summer time. XD
Episode Summary: A young girl is hiding in the shadows and conceals herself as three cheerful girls run by playfully. The hiding girl takes out her camera and snaps a picture of two people exchanging money and paperwork. As she leaves she comments that two school departments are working together and so caught up in her thoughts she doesn’t see the car behind her. The girl is deliberately run over and one of people involved in the trade destroys her memory stick. Then TADA it is morning and time for a sparkling girl to get dressed for school. After she (Chisato) is done getting dressed she sneaks over to her friends house next door. His name is Yuuki and he is attempting to sleep. Chisato jumps and rubs all over him and then is surprised that boys react to that kind of contact. They walk to school and meet up with their friend Mifuyu. Together the three perform a love story with Mifuyu telling Yuuki she doesn’t love him and Chisato teasing Yuuki. The crowd is disturbed.
Photobucket
Yaoi? In my serious show about eating snacks? SHOCKED!
They arrive to their club room and see a girl on the ground covered with a blur. She seems to be looking for something and goes by the name of Michiru. The club room starts being filled with more members and complicated configurations of the room take place to reveal snacks. One member named Oboro (Yume) brings snacks for the group to try called yaoi sticks and he is very interested in Yuuki liking them. It is slightly dramatic when Chisato, the president of the club, won’t eat the yaoi sticks because they are made of chocolate. Everyone stops and takes a minute to great Hazuki, their drunk adviser for their club. After drinking some beer she informs the group that their club might be shut down after the next student council election. Cut to the most magnificent student council room ever. The topic at hand seems to the girl run over incident and after many words the event is blamed on the president. One vocal member calls for the recall of the president. Satsuki, head of financial affairs, arrives and exposes that vocal member as less than truthful. When Satsuki tries to get the topic back on the hurt girl the actual president changes it back to…about him and the future of the school.
Photobucket
100 yen is a lame bribe anyway...
All of this election talk leads to random people telling Yuuki they will be sad when their useless clubs are banned for not producing results. One said character has a propeller on his head that only Yuuki can see. After school Yuuki and his Food Research Club members talk about how they don’t want big breasted Satsuki as president as she will shut down useless clubs. Hazuki confirms Satsuki will do so as the girl is her sister. The club decides that they must approach the lesser of the evils, the president of general affairs, and see what he is about. He is wearing a mask only Yuuki can see and is already trying to bribe votes his way. This doesn’t sit well with Chisato who doesn’t want to support any candidate. While talking about this less than honest behavior a girl randomly runs into Yuuki. She apologizes a million times to Yuuki and runs off. Mifuyu comments that the girl must be a scholarship student. Yuuki notices the girl left behind her keys…and just keeps on walking. Back at the cub Hazuki suggests that one of them run for president so they can protect the club no matter what. It is a feel good come together moment..until everyone nominates Yuuki. The episode ends with the president visiting the girl in the hospital and looking confused on what he should do. THE END! 

Once again…what did I just watch?!?! X__X I had my reservations about this show due to it being based on an…adult like video game. Now I am like wtf is this insanity? Is this good insanity or a bad insanity though….
Photobucket
Is this car in silence mode or something? TURN AROUND!!!
First off…based on the happy go lucky nature of most of the synopsis…I didn’t expect someone to get run over in the first minute of the show. Like really. I saw some girls skipping by and I assumed they were going to break into the school to eat some candy or whatever the show is about. But no then it turns into a bribe gone wrong and the not so careful photographer getting run over by a car.
Photobucket
Where is the candy and snacks I was promised?!
X____X In the first minute folks. Like what the heck?! I mean..maybe all this bribe stuff will be explained later but for the time being wft?! Was not expecting that at all. I thought it was going to be some “mean” girl that wanted to be student council president and the “Food Research Club” was going to fight to keep their club alive while teaching the great big meanie how to love sweets again. But no. First we have to watch someone get splatted by a car.
Photobucket
Yeah...no. Time to run out there door while still brushing my hair and putting on my shoes. XD
Then in complete juxtaposition of that….lets watch a young girl get dressed for school. X__X Let me tell you men that this is not really want happens on a typical school morning. Or maybe I am just the weirdo. But my school mornings consisted of me turning off my alarm clock, looking like the crypt keeper, and barely getting my clothes on in time, let alone dancing around in my room. I was putting on my clothes so fast there was no time to take cute camera angles. XD
Photobucket
MOG! Not a penis!!!
I actually liked it when Yuuki had…an embarrassing thing to show Chisato. I mean she was rubbing all over him, he was sleeping, and he is a teenage boy. Things happen. XD So I think I appreciated that sense of realism even if that got Yuuki punished. You know, after the magical rainbow dressing scene it was fun to see the OH SNAP boner scene.
Photobucket
I liked the part where it got snapped in half. XD
Being that this is an anime about a useless club that eats sweets all day I wasn’t expecting a normal group of people. Because that would be silly. I am surprised that another member of the club (besides Yuuki) is a dude. Clearly he was not in any previews. That would just ruin the harem right? Oh but wait is this green haired kid in love with Yuuki? Oh Yume…you and your yaoi stick…It was amusing when Yuuki just bit it off. It seems that everyone was joking about this pairing but Yuuki. The girls probably to hide their own feelings for Yuuki and Yume…because he meant it. He could have been a little less obvious with his yaoi stick though.
Photobucket
I'm just here to say dumb things. Don't bother learning my name. XD
Some of the members of the club are going to be less important than others. Like you can really tell which girls were the “main” girls in the games and which were extra sex bonus points. One would think Nozomi, the one making the inventions that makes the candy, would be important but I sense she is not going to get that much screen time besides blowing things up and making messes. Ai and Kii which I thought were twins…are just friends with a comedian act going on. They compliment each other with their various hair charms and crazy phrases. Yet they didn’t stand out to me as being that important.
Photobucket
Someone needs a hairbrush. X__X
Someone who will probably be a main girl but will say nothing is random look like a cat Michuri. I mean….was that really necessary, having such a big blur when she came on screen? She is a tiny girl so her censor should have been tiny too. But putting aside that random fanservice scene that people won’t see until the Blu-Rays….she really didn’t contribute much. She does seem very devoted to Yuuki but this show might actually have a best friend ending up with guy so…peace out Michuri. XD


Do I have to talk about the teacher of drunky drunkness? I mean…Hazuki is so hardcore she has a tap installed in the club room? She better hope the club doesn’t get disbanded because then her drinking spot will not only be gone but discovered and she will be in deep trouble. JUST KIDDING! She will either be run over by a car or nothing bad will happen. Can animes have teachers in between? Like not best friends but not some distant figure no one can connect with? But at least she tried to come up with a solution…even if it wasn’t very plausible.
Photobucket
We are here...at the house of Congress!
The magical and grand student council room….was just that. Grand and magical. I see a lot of room in the budget just if we cut that nonsense. XD But really it was hard to follow what was going on with the conversation due to the fact we couldn’t see some faces. Well that and there are SO many different factions to this student council. I guess that is to be expected when there is 6,000 students in the school. You just can’t have one person ahead of finances you need an entire committee lead by someone. Still maybe I am just special and allowed myself to be confused. Because that is how I roll. XD
Photobucket
Maybe they should be in the comedy club instead...
One thing is for sure I am not blaming Satsuki one bit for wanting to get rid of the useless clubs. Even if I think the student council could do without the opera like balcony seats and wonderful curtains. But I don’t think school clubs should exist for every hobby in the world. Lines have to be drawn somewhere. I am not saying cut all art and music programs but making figurines? Eating snacks? Yeah just don’t join a club at all and spend your own money on your hoobies.
Photobucket
Maybe Yuuki is really insane. That would make things interesting.
Is there a reason why Yuuki sees weird things on people and no one else? Is it a joke on Yuuki or is Yuuki just insane? In any event I wasn’t really understanding the point of all that. I am sure there will be enough jokes and fun without..stupid things like that.
Photobucket
I sense this scene came straight from the game.
Also I am sure there was a point to the whole scholarship girl comment. I don’t know…it felt weird to me despite the fact that our Food Tasting club whatever didn’t say it with disdain. Then I would have a big problem with it. Guess it is hard to have a rich school full of privileged kids spending money on snacks and fighting for the right to waste money when this poor girl has to work and go to school at the same time. :( But is homegirl locked out of her house now?
Photobucket
Well...at least most of them were on the same page?
Is anyone surprised that Yuuki is nominated to run for student council president? XD I love how it was such a feel good moment and everyone was bonding then…BAM! Nope you are going to be the one running for an office you have no idea how to run. XD Maybe that is for the best. A president of the people instead of from inside the council already. Still I wonder how this is all going to end, with a group that is basically unknown to most people and wasteful themselves coming up with enough votes to win it all….or unless the point is to melt the heart of the running mate. XD


Either way one should not be running a snack club and not like chocolates. Also we got a run over person due to some school finance issues. X__X This school is a mix bagged of serious and wftness. The art could have been better and no one can top Mugi in the snack department. I wasn’t expecting much which is good because I probably would have been disappointed. XD

2 comments:

eternia said...

The way they handled this student council things makes me roll my eyes. Why went as far as running over somebody with a car? Is being in students council such a profitable position? I am pretty sure I didn't get a penny during my joining student council in middle school and high school. And watching Seitokai Yakuindomo and Seitokai no Ichizon makes me think that Japanese schools are the same. All work and no pay.
So, yeah, I would like more explanation on all the bribery, smuggling and secret meeting.
:-D

Christina said...

Eternia- I can't even tell you what our student council did. I really think kids just did that here in the U.S to look good on college applications. Class trips were already decided in advanced and what not. But maybe it is different over there since in every school anime it is the most coveted position ever. Also if these are high school students and Japanese high school students aren't allowed to drive cars...whose car was that? X__X