Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Anime Series...sorta! Yuri Yuri Season Two Episode 1

I met an older lady today who loves Hello Kitty. Not sure how much older…older than me. Probably in her early 50’s. But she told me that she adores Hello Kitty and can’t wait to tell her daughter about Puroland which she was unaware of until I told her. She then told me her husband won’t let buy Hello Kitty stuff and keep it in the house. X___X What the heck is that about?! Let?!?!? I can’t imagine my husband not letting me have something. Just boggles my mind. Let? Well I guess at the very least I guess I should be grateful for an UNDERSTANDING husband and not someone who won’t LET me do something as innocent as collect Hello Kitty. Honestly!
Photobucket
Akari welcomes you back with opened arms.
HAHA I guess my opener was a little stronger than I meant it to be. That’s fine, it might be the only thing of substance in this blog. Oh yes folks it is time for a “new” anime. Or really season two of one that was just…okay. Yuri Yuri Season Two episode 1. Spoilers for wanting to throw the computer out a window during the first 12 minutes.
Photobucket
I don't even know what this is about folks...just no.
Episode Summary: Akira opens up the show to a huge crowd cheering her on. Or a huge doll version of her anyway. After the opening credits Akira explains to us that she is a normal junior high girl but is able to live life to the fullest anyway. Yui, Kyoko, and Chinatsu arrive at her doorstep…and start saying how wonderful she is and how they need her in their lives. They fight to hold her hand and Akira graciously takes it all in. Once at school Yui and Kyoko must leave their beloved behind and it is time for Himawari, Chitose, and Sakurako to love on their Akira whether it through cookies or nasty pickles. Ayano does a driveby loving too. Akira demonstrates her ability to be invisible to impress everyone. After school the Amusement Club celebrates the fact that Akira exist and takes turns giving her presents. Then one by one everyone in the series shows up to declare their love to the girl. Then they all turn into flying girls to worship the angel Akira in the sky.
Photobucket
I wish I had that much hair. :(
Kyoko wonders if they should wake Akira up on the train but the other girls decide to keep her asleep and eat instead. ALL A DREAM! The girls arrive at their hot spring inn which is close to their house apparently. Kyoko slowly realizes they aren’t doing anything hot spring like and need to stop acting like this is the Amusement Club. They go downstairs to play ping pong where Chinatsu’s hair keeps eating all the balls. There is some brief drama at the vending machine where Akira has bad luck and Chinatsu is trying to get Yui to fall in love with her. They get ready for the hot spring where Kyoko is beat and Chinatsu is a freak still. Akira passes out shortly after the springs and Kyoko watches a movie about Mirakurun. Kyoko then wants to go to the hot springs later and is sad no one wants to join her. Chinatsu shows up to keep her company and then Yui joins them not to be alone herself. THE END!!!
Photobucket
...Can we bring back The Walking Dead marathon again?
What the hell did I just watch? I mean it would be unfair to compare Sword Art Online and Yuri Yuri….but I am an unfair person. Just it was weird watching these shows back to back. Just…my brain couldn’t handle the difference I suppose.
Photobucket
Watch this be the only episode she has lines in.
Did the first part of the episode really happen? I thought…well prayed it was all a dream. But it was a dream that lasted half the episode!!! Half! I thought it was going to be the running gag til…I don’t know, after the opening song. But it just went on and on and got…really stupid really fast.
Photobucket
What the hell is all of this?!
So this might be a short post. Because there is no way I am going through every single act of “love” that went on in Akari’s scary dream. I mean some were kinda funny. But some were just….no. We get it, Akari dreams about being loved and the main character even though she is often forgotten. It just got much at times. The hand holding thing…lame. But the Mirakurun comic was cute. And the cookies were creepy and yummy. Just…I don’t think I would have started off the season second with so much…dumb.
Photobucket
Close like the movie theaters and your parents are picking you up exactly when it is over?!
It turns out that Akari is dreaming while they are traveling on the way to a hot spring. Not all the girls mind you, just the 4 main ones in the Amusement Club. Can I just say….what?! First off these girls are like what 12/13? I think I might have said this before but when I was that age my parents barely let me go to the mall with friends at that age. I guess the most responsibility I had at that age was babysitting my little brothers but now I am thinking that was just slave labor and not a sign that I was trusted. Certainly not enough to go ANYWHERE and spend the night with my friends without the supervision of an adult.
Photobucket
But what of the snacks?! Does she need a cold cloth? Let me check my purse to see how I can help her!
Second…are these girls really 35 years old? XD I know the Japanese love their hot springs but the way they were acting at some parts were more like business ladies that needed a break from the office, not junior high girls who have yet to experience the horrors of high school entrance exams. So maybe they are more mature than American girls. Way more mature. Hot springs indeed.
Photobucket
How will anyone play ping pong now?!
Ping Pong is very serious business folks. Very serious business. Or maybe Yui is just way too grumpy. I still like Kyoko the best. I did think it was funny when Chinatsu’s hair kept eating the ping pong balls and how they reappeared in the water. Was anyone else was in the inn though? No one else wanted to play ping pong? I got your back Kyoko, playing with two paddles looks fun!
Photobucket
This is not how I bond with my friends....to each their own mature people!
So….yeah. The girls got naked in the water, ate food, and got naked in the water again. This is how girls….well anyone bonds in Japan. A very typical type episode in a slice of life anime. One must be indoctrinated into loving hot springs. Me….I was just glad that the Akira dream was over. Move on to something else yes? Season Two promises to be….special to say the least.

No comments: