Saturday, July 28, 2012

Let the 2012 London Olympics begin!!!

Hello there my lovely readers! Happy Hunger Games!!! And may the odds...wait wrong set of games. X__X My bad.
Photobucket
The bridge really makes up for the torch being inside. Also I stoles all these pictures from the internets in case it wasn't obvious.
The 2012 Olympics have started! Rejoice the masses!!! I meant to post this DURING the opening ceremonies but apparently I got too caught up in actually watching them. Silly, silly me.
Photobucket
I miss the pandas!!!!
But yes. The 2012 Summer Olympics have official started. And while I am as athletic as a sloth (maybe those animals are more athletic than me...) I do enjoy watching these events. Normally sporting events tend to...well bore me. No offense obviously to those who watch sporting events all the time. I am not sure what it is about the Olympics that captures my attention but I get caught up in the sappy stories, the national pride people exhibit, and the overall theme of sportsmanship and bringing the world together. Well in theory anyway. XD
Photobucket
What is the red structure for?
While I am on team USA I wish all the athletes a good and safe time at the Olympics and hope the best person/team wins. Everyone try your best and make your nations proud. Getting to the Olympics is more than what most people can do in their lifetime so these athletes need to be cheered on whether they win a medal or not. Good luck and have the time of your lives.
Photobucket
Hands down the best part of the show. Loved the dramatic poses the fancy hat crew did.
And since I didn't blog this while watching the Opening Ceremonies...well I can comment on what I saw. XD And what I saw was a lovely hot mess. I mean I did like most of the segments, all but the random party house one. I just felt they didn't connect very well with each other. Going from Brave to the Industrial Age was the best part of the show. But suddenly there is a hospital full of kids with Mary Poppins fighting bad dreams and some girl losing her cellphone during a party throughout the decades. Individually these ideas sounded good but I am not sure I was feeling the flow.
Photobucket
Is this really happening before my eyes?!
Of course none of the Opening Ceremony matters because the Queen went all 007 on us. X__X But the parade of nations was nice to watch and I love seeing how excited the athletes were. Plus maybe I am harsh on the London Opening Ceremonies because of the 2008 ones. XD In any event anime blog posts might be later than usual since I will be getting my judging on. Because during the Olympics I become a master of everything. XD

No comments: