Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nendoroid count reaches 4! Welcome new arrival Kaito!

Today was a LONG day. I thought it was going to end well with me getting off work and finding my fourth nendoroid waiting for me at home. But I got word that somehow the Fedex people got lost and my package would not arrive today. :( Thus my long day got even longer as work progressively got worse and more rage worthy.

After an 11 hour shift I stomped my way upstairs. I was tired, angry, and probably smelly. I was ready to vent to my husband about the trials of my day and how I wanted to maim a few people. But then....

Photobucket

WHAT IS THIS?!

It is amazing how fast my bad mood melted away. And not only because I knew my 4th nendoroid was in that tiny box. I knew that my husband must have gone to some length to find out what the heck went wrong with the shipping and get the box redelivered in one day. Not only did he put a lot of love and care into selecting these anniversary nendoroids, he cared enough to find my gift to brighten up my day. Must not get sappy...but I really love that man.

NO MORE MUSH! Time to rip this baby open and see who was nearly lost in the back of a truck!

Photobucket

Saber is very eager to help.






Photobucket

YAY...wait who are you?

Yes that was my exact thought pattern. I was overwhelmed by his cuteness and then realized...I had no idea who he was. I have seen pictures of this particular nendoroid before and knew he name was Kaito...but I wasn't sure WHO he was.

Photobucket

Does it matter?! HE IS SO CUTE!!!

So it is time to do a little bit of research. Apparently this cutie pie is from the Vocaloid software (Vocaloid being a singing synthesizer application). While Miku is probably the most popular out of the Vocaloid characters Kaito is actually one of the first characters for this product line. :( Shame on me for not knowing any of this!

Photobucket

Thanks for helping me become really popular! XD

Despite me being far behind in the cool and hip scene...I can still marvel at the sheer cuteness of this tiny figurine!

Photobucket

MOG *DIES*!

This has to be my favorite pose/parts for this character. Look at his happy little face eating ice cream. It's cold outside (hence the scarf) but he can't help but dig into his favorite treat. Such a happy and freezing kid!

Photobucket

Must...not....melt...


Photobucket

L is so thrilled, can't you tell?


Photobucket

Um....

Yeah...not really my favorite pose/facial expression. I think I will be keeping this face in the box. MORE ICE CREAM FACE!

Photobucket

Saber says time to calm down!

:) So with Kaito arriving safely at our house this completes my happy anniversary present. I love each of these nendoroids and wait patiently for their home (the shelf) to grace the wall. The next nendoroid post probably won't be until after I attend an anime convention and add another one to my collection. But these 4 are plenty for now. XD Until then...MOG CUTE!

Photobucket

Such a happy family!






No comments: